Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:16:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The new economic crisis is the transition to crypto.  (Read 477 times)
jonasvdv

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:47:09 PM

I think so, because perhaps the transition to the world of cryptocurrencies seems to be something that is already being planned in the highest spheres and a crisis can trigger a massive use.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Underlord

Activity: 145

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 11:53:11 PM

To date, the economic situation in many countries is in critical condition. Can the next financial and economic crisis be a transition to global use  of crypto currency in international settlements?
some countries have their own way of solving the problem of the economic crisis, such as Venezuela which replaces the bolivar with a new currency by removing several zero digits in its currency. But cryptocureency can be a good breakthrough for the global crisis that is happening.
Dimon8 (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:27:26 AM

I do not have an economic education, but I understand that all the processes taking place in the world economy go according to a preplanned plan. This plan was carefully thought out by very intelligent people. There are no politically and economically independent countries. All the countries of the planet Earth are under control.
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:35:57 AM

To date, the economic situation in many countries is in critical condition. Can the next financial and economic crisis be a transition to global use  of crypto currency in international settlements?

I think it will always depend of the country if they will consider the use of Crypto as a solution to their economic crisis as currently most of the poor and weak countries declared Bitcoin and Crypto currencies as illegal to use which means they will not consider Bitcoin as a benefit but a more threat to their economy.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:21:28 AM

To date, the economic situation in many countries is in critical condition. Can the next financial and economic crisis be a transition to global use  of crypto currency in international settlements?

It could. We've seen previously in difficult financial times that people revert to storing their wealth in gold and silver.

With bitcoin somewhat mainstream now, or at least being known internationally to some degree, I think that it will take over a lot of the roles which precious metals used to play in terms of being a store of value within economic crises.

And when people have a dysfunctional fiat currency, they will obviously seek an alternative, which I think will force a lot of people into looking at bitcoin as a viable one. After the crisis though, it's debatable that they wall continue to use bitcoin, even though adoption technically has increased.
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:42:53 AM

Why not, crypto currencies may be able to withstand the upcoming crisis as long as government permits the use of it in such harsh conditions. For now we dont know whether this is possible or not because on the practical front crypto currencies are already banned in many countries and most of the countries are using it but they have not approved it as legal tender. Obviously if thats the case then there is no way that it will even help out the economic situation in proper ways. For it to accomodate those problems, it will need to be regulated first. And how will it help? Well it may just become the store value for it and thus unlike gold and silver may become point of storage for the valuable stuff.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:27:32 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2018, 04:30:04 PM by BartS

It could. We've seen previously in difficult financial times that people revert to storing their wealth in gold and silver.

With bitcoin somewhat mainstream now, or at least being known internationally to some degree, I think that it will take over a lot of the roles which precious metals used to play in terms of being a store of value within economic crises.

And when people have a dysfunctional fiat currency, they will obviously seek an alternative, which I think will force a lot of people into looking at bitcoin as a viable one. After the crisis though, it's debatable that they wall continue to use bitcoin, even though adoption technically has increased.
This is entirely true but I think it is going to happen in two phases, at first people are going to try to buy gold and silver to protect themselves since that is something that they have done for a long time, but then the governments are going to tax any profits that people get out of their investments in gold and silver and will even try to confiscate it, at that point people will realize that they need something that cannot be easily confiscated and tracked like gold and silver and that is when they will begin to adopt bitcoin.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 10:05:12 PM

This is entirely true but I think it is going to happen in two phases, as first people are going to try to buy gold and silver to protect themselves since that is something that they have done for a long time, but then the governments are going to tax any profits that people get out of their investments in gold and silver and will even try to confiscate it, at that point people will realize that they need something that cannot be easily confiscated and tracked like gold and silver and that is when they will begin to adopt bitcoin.

That could be a possibility.

Gold and silver seems to be the accepted standard of storing value in the long term in many countries still, and it's logical to think that people will resort to silver and gold due to their cultural significance.

Confiscation could be a potential policy. However, I don't think that's the main reason why people would transition to using bitcoin and other decentralised cryptos in an economic crisis, from the traditional store of values and hedges against fiat in gold and silver.

The most important benefit that bitcoin has over gold and silver in the case of a hyperinflationary crisis is that it is divisible, it is convenient, which is unlike gold which can't be used as a currency conveniently in times like these due to its inconvenience to transact with. Bitcoin on the other hand, you don't have to worry about counterfeit bars, purity, or weight, which would be the last of your worries when it comes to a full on global financial crisis like you suggest.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 10:39:53 PM

The next crisis is sure to happen. I'm 100% positive that we'll face it in the next 20 years, although there can be other events that create similar turmoil and reset the economy. To name a few, a world war or a global cataclysm can play the role of substitutes. The previous economic collapse was saved by money printing and cheap credit aimed to make people feel more wealthy and push them to start their own companies and basically start living on credit. This resulted in huge debt that nobody can pay and put us on borrowed time. Will crypto rise from the ashes? Hard to say, but it will at least in the beginning be seen as a safe store of value. The problem is that during a crisis your gold bars under the bed won't mean much. They won't magically turn to food. 

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
hildacitra

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 11:07:39 PM

I do not think so, this economic crisis suffer by several countries because of US President policy about commodity things. Be sides He increase the taxation of import commodity, US government also limits or bounder the number of imports. And this trade war has been happening for a long time. We know US Dollar is the strongest currency of course it has huge and big impact when this authority created and launched a policy.

However, it is an opportunity and challenge for Crypto to spread and explore the existence while this economic crisis happening. Crypto should prove that it can solve and utilize the world currency, hopefully become a good solution for this problem.

kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 11:29:33 PM

Some people says it is possible, no one really knows what lies ahead. Economic inflation is here and there, there are many countries that are suffering and having a hard time to regain it's lost. IF ever it may happens, when government thinks that they should go with the flow. Making new currency that same as their fiat- crypto currency that is centralized, well it will lead to a hard blow to crypto currencies that is decentralized. Masses will choose the safer investments I guess.
leeheidrick

Activity: 106

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 12:16:15 AM

Well, it all depends on the country. If a country really does depend on the global trade then if you are among this people then you can just make crypto as the transition for you to transfer your savings into it.
you're right, the country can move it to cryptocurrency but I think it's dangerous for the economy because I think cryptocurrency prices can change at any time (fluctuations)
gowobonyok

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 12:26:20 AM

yes, that can be an alternative. for countries that are in crisis and their currencies are experiencing massive inflation, bitcoin is actually considered more stable.
Titus Maximus

Activity: 154
Merit: 60

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 12:39:25 AM

To date, the economic situation in many countries is in critical condition. Can the next financial and economic crisis be a transition to global use  of crypto currency in international settlements?

It's an interesting thought for sure.

I've personally always thought that some sort of global financial crisis could be helpful in terms of getting people to adopt bitcoin. Especially one that has inflationary consequences, with rapidly increasing prices and CPI overall.

For example, just look at individual cases like Venezuela and Turkey, where bitcoin is definitely helping individuals to store their wealth away from their fiat currency, and thus leading to more adopters. This could happen under a global scale as well. Whether or not this actually evolves into a global payment network is another, but increased adoption of bitcoin as a store of value internationally is definitely possible under these circumstances.

It is very likely that a financial crisis will have a strong impact on the adoption of crypto currencies and you can see this happening already with the countries you mentioned...in Turkey the decline of the lira has caused people fleeing onto different assets and crypto currency is one of areas that are spiking in volume. Have a look at the article below and you you get a taste for what is coming.

https://www.coindesk.com/turkey-crypto-exchanges-bitcoin-lira/
jambul_kribo

Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 01:22:11 AM

Well, it all depends on the country. If a country really does depend on the global trade then if you are among this people then you can just make crypto as the transition for you to transfer your savings into it.
you're right, the country can move it to cryptocurrency but I think it's dangerous for the economy because I think cryptocurrency prices can change at any time (fluctuations)
but if government start legalize cryptocurrency, there were much support come to market such as from finance firm or maybe future trade.they would make policy that waited by investors.

▄▄▄ ▄▄  ███▄████▄ ▄▄▄
████████▄███████████
▄█
██████████████████▄███
▀█████████████████████▀
██████████████████
██████████████
███████████
▐███████████████████▌
███████████████████
▐█████████████████▌
███████▀▄▀███████
▐██████▄▀▀██████▌
▀▀███████████▀▀
                          ███
                         ▀▀▀
                    ███▄▀
                   ▄
▀▀▀
             ▄███▄▀      ████
       ▄███▄▀ ▀▀▀        ████
  ███▄▀ ▀▀▀        █████ ████
  ▀▀▀              █████ ████
             █████ ████ ████
       █████ ████ ████ ████
 ████ ████ ████ ████ ████
 ████ ████ ████ ████ ████
███████████████████████████████
VALUE INCREASES
    NEVER DECREASES
THE WORLD'S MOST POWERFUL
STORE OF VALUE CURRENCY

|     Twitter     |   Facebook  |  Instagram  |   Telegram  |    Discord    |
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████     ███████████
BUY NOW

███████████     ████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
Coin-1
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2169

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 01:26:18 AM

No, you are wrong because there are no objective reasons for that. In fact there are several countries which are close to the default as far as I know it is Venezuela, India, Turkey, Pakistan as well as the current world financial situation may say "cry to us about the next financial crisis" but I cannot figure out why do you consider that crypto currencies will substitute national currencies? In my opinion I consider that in the period of the next crisis currencies of developing countries will be weak but the major currencies (like dollar, euro, yen and some other) will be quite strong because investors usually use them as a refuge. What about crypto currencies, their liquidity and capitalization is ridiculous small to use them as a refuge for a big capital. Crypto currencies will likely grow but they are not going to substitute any national currencies in the near future. 

You are right about investing in strong fiat currencies (USD, EUR, etc), but the government of a country that is close to default can impose severe restrictions for exchanging them with the local fiat currency and vice versa. Thus crypto currencies can have an opportunity to be an international reserve asset in the crisis times for ordinary individuals.

I guess that the probable world economical crisis can affect the crypto currency world, but it will be an alternative transactional payment system.
irsada

Activity: 994
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 01:28:22 AM

perhaps with the high value of the dollar lately it has caused a global crisis but the impact on bitcoin I think will increase rapidly because some countries are no longer dependent on the USD.
then the option might be bitcoin is one of the best places to save money.
Haji Rambo

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 01:33:11 AM

We imagine that the economic crisis might be a new road to crypto if it happens to the rupiah ... I don't think that happened.

[code
MAINCOIN MONEY DIGITAL COIN NEW GENERATION[/u (https://goo.gl/5senP6)
ningrumxxi

Activity: 80

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 01:52:03 AM

Looking at the example of a Venezuelan country experiencing hyperinflation, the best step that can be taken is not to depend on the economy of a country with one currency, because it can be fatal and very easily suppressed by one of the big countries, then one of the best choices by switching to crypto currency , which cannot be suppressed by any country, the greatest possibility in the future there will be a single currency in the world, and bitcoin has the potential to become that currency.
BartS

Merit: 255

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:35:32 PM

You are right about investing in strong fiat currencies (USD, EUR, etc), but the government of a country that is close to default can impose severe restrictions for exchanging them with the local fiat currency and vice versa. Thus crypto currencies can have an opportunity to be an international reserve asset in the crisis times for ordinary individuals.

I guess that the probable world economical crisis can affect the crypto currency world, but it will be an alternative transactional payment system.
We know that big money uses the major fiat currencies as a way to protect themselves in times of uncertainty, however it is likely that the next crisis is going to involve precisely those fiat currencies, just look at the huge debt that the government of the United States has and that is going to be impossible to pay, at some point people will recognize that the US dollar simply should not buy as much stuff anymore and that is when an opportunity is going to appear for alternative currencies like precious metals and cryptocurrencies.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: