Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:02:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stare into the sun  (Read 7744 times)
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:15:25 AM

When I was at the beach in 2012, a friend of mine once said what if looking into the sun gave you wisdom and insight to your life and the universe.

I didn't really understand how that would work or anything so I didn't really believe it but thought it would be cool.  I instinctively concluded that it would damage your eyes and vision.  Until one day, I decided to try it.  I stared into the sun as it was setting, what I then saw was beyond anything I expected.  I saw the sun in it's true form, not just a white hot light, but a singular source of a vast amount of energy.

Throughout my journeys in life I would periodically stare into the sun, focus dead in the center and engulf myself in it's energy.  It gave me energy when I was weak.  It gave me humbleness when I sought wisdom.  The times I gazed into the sun most were the times I was eating the least and felt the most peace.

I reached the conclusion that what you see or feel when you stare into the sun is a reflection of your self.  If you believe it will hurt your eyes, it will.  If you believe you are equally powerful as the sun, it will flow through you and empower the very core of your consciousness.

There are civilizations that harness the sun's energy instead of food and some that have done so since ancient times, including the Aztecs, Incas and Egyptians.  People have been medically examined to abstain from food for periods of several months or longer by channeling the sun's mighty power for energy.

Our society bases a recommended caloric intake of 2000 per day and has resulted in an increased prevalence of obesity and disease.  The truth is once you have grown into your full body, there really is little need to each such consumptuous amounts of food.  I have fasted for four days harnessing a few minutes of sun per day, without lethargy or hunger.

I implore you to try for yourself next time the sun sets.  Tell me, what do you see?

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oldmarsh

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:19:46 AM

When I was at the beach in 2012, a friend of mine once said what if looking into the sun gave you wisdom and insight to your life and the universe.

I didn't really understand how that would work or anything so I didn't really believe it but thought it would be cool.  I instinctively concluded that it would damage your eyes and vision.  Until one day, I decided to try it.  I stared into the sun as it was setting, what I then saw was beyond anything I expected.  I saw the sun in it's true form, not just a white hot light, but a singular source of a vast amount of energy.

Throughout my journeys in life I would periodically stare into the sun, focus dead in the center and engulf myself in it's energy.  It gave me energy when I was weak.  It gave me humbleness when I sought wisdom.  The times I gazed into the sun most were the times I was eating the least and felt the most peace.

I reached the conclusion that what you see or feel when you stare into the sun is a reflection of your self.  If you believe it will hurt your eyes, it will.  If you believe you are equally powerful as the sun, it will flow through you and empower the very core of your consciousness.

There are civilizations that harness the sun's energy instead of food and some that have done so since ancient times, including the Aztecs, Incas and Egyptians.  People have been medically examined to abstain from food for periods of several months or longer by channeling the sun's mighty power for energy.

Our society bases a recommended caloric intake of 2000 per day and has resulted in an increased prevalence of obesity and disease.  The truth is once you have grown into your full body, there really is little need to each such consumptuous amounts of food.  I have fasted for four days harnessing a few minutes of sun per day, without lethargy or hunger.

I implore you to try for yourself next time the sun sets.  Tell me, what do you see?

LOL Is this supposed to be like that guy in India who says he hasn't eaten in decades and feeds off the sun?
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:24:29 AM

"...Be The Photosynthesis..."
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:48:14 AM

I wonder. Is it possible that dank's hallucinations are not from the drugs, as we all suspected, but are actually the result of scotoma caused by solar retinopathy? Protip: if you start seeing things differently after staring at the sun, consult an ophthalmologist. Also, try not to stare at the sun in the first place.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:41:32 AM

What hallucinations?

You guys can discount what ancient civilizations have been doing for several thousands of years, that's fine.  I know we like to think we're way more advanced than them now, but all we are is more destructive.  We've traded all spiritual wisdom/knowledge for egoistic knowledge of external technology.  In their eyes, as well as many that live beyond the illusion of a capitalist society, we are simply children playing a game of king of the hill in a sandbox.  The true technology waiting to be tapped into is inside of you and would ratify all frivolous technology useless.  Just keep in mind in the event of food scarcity, you can go without food as long as you believe you can.  You may see the sun become an invaluable resource at that time.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 02:39:45 PM

It's a nice song actually, I like  Smiley

Savatage Stare Into The Sun Live In Japan 1994

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
zeocrash

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:56:51 PM

Enjoy your blindness.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:06:02 PM

I've stared into the sun for a few minutes before.  How come I'm not blind?  How come I can see much better than the average person and better than I once did?

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3064

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 10:35:48 PM

I've stared into the sun for a few minutes before.  How come I'm not blind?  How come I can see much better than the average person and better than I once did?

Instead of lying, go actually do it.  When you stop posting here because of blindness, it is a win win for everyone.   Wink

Seriously, lay off the injections for a few days to let the hallucinations slow down, then go actually stare into the sun for a few minutes.  Please.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
FalconFly

Activity: 252

Sentinel

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:00:21 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2014, 11:16:52 PM by FalconFly

What hallucinations?

You guys can discount what ancient civilizations have been doing for several thousands of years, that's fine

In case you missed it - those civilizations are now extinct.
I have no evidence that they all went blind by staring into the sun and thus vanished over time Wink (which is a seriously retarded idea unless you wear some UV protection or limit it to sunsets only - letting the atmosphere being your UV filter), but it is known that positioning yourself into direct sunlight (to some extend) is a very healthy thing to do. Nothing new.

If you "see" something other than the sun when staring at it, then something is definitely shaky with your mental health (which is clearly the case, judging your other postings). Be it drugs, mental condition, alcohol abuse or whatever. You're in serious need of a skilled psychatrist.

I implore you to try for yourself next time the sun sets.  Tell me, what do you see?

What I see is a typical stellar object (Sol) that runs nuclear fusion in some 93 Million miles distance. The atmospheric effect sometimes gives it a nice, redísh color when it sets on the horizon.

This forum signature is like its owner - it can't be bought
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:20:25 PM

After reading this, you have me seriously concerned for your mental health Dank. Staring into the sun for too long can give you Permanent loss of vision. Please see a therapist, even if it's for a short while, it may help a lot.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:28:12 AM

much ignorance.  very doubt.  such ego.

Vod - I know you know this, because I've refuted your false accusations several times before, but I suppose I must say it again; I have never shot up a drug into my body.  Take a break with the fear mongering smear campaign.

Falcon - People all over the world still stare into the sun for energy to this very day.  Including me, though I have not done it as much as others.  Incas still live today.  Aztecs still live today.  Egyptians still live today.  Falcon, please actually stare into the sun before bashing someone who has experienced it.

Josh - If you believe it will hurt your eyes then perhaps it will.  Though the people that have actually done so would argue otherwise.

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/another-look-at-prahlad-jani-a-person-who-s-lived-without-food-and-water-for-over-70-years

Reality is merely the filter of your perception.  Change your perception and you change your reality.

I suppose I should post a video of me staring into the sun next time it comes out.

FalconFly

Sentinel

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:40:16 AM

much ignorance.  very doubt.  such ego.

Vod - I know you know this, because I've refuted your false accusations several times before, but I suppose I must say it again; I have never shot up a drug into my body.  Take a break with the fear mongering smear campaign.

Falcon - People all over the world still stare into the sun for energy to this very day.  Including me, though I have not done it as much as others.  Incas still live today.  Aztecs still live today.  Egyptians still live today.  Falcon, please actually stare into the sun before bashing someone who has experienced it.

Josh - If you believe it will hurt your eyes then perhaps it will.  Though the people that have actually done so would argue otherwise.

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/another-look-at-prahlad-jani-a-person-who-s-lived-without-food-and-water-for-over-70-years

Reality is merely the filter of your perception.  Change your perception and you change your reality.

I suppose I should post a video of me staring into the sun next time it comes out.

So much Doge. So clueless. Such uneducated.

I know you're not good at reading so I'll repeat it... I did stare into the setting sun once a while (big surprise, duh! , tell me anyone who never did that ?!).
But knowing that staring into it doesn't give any special energy and lacking a carry-along solar panel, I never spent specifically much time on it (which is also better for eyesight).

Yes, a few Incas and Aztecs live today. In dirty shitholes with their once great cultures decaying and dying into complete irrelevance. They lived by something probably much closer to your recommendations than mine and this is the natural result. Go figure.
Egyptians discovered electricity, adapted and went with the flow of time. Ironically, they're likely the ones who would rather prefer some air conditioning or shadow than staring into the sun that scorches their earth every day.

Reality is merely the filter of your perception.  Change your perception and you change your reality.

Classic quote of yours and reflects your mental state.
Perception is a filter (depending on your mental abilities) for reality - not the way around. You filter seems clogged and needs replacement.
"One can ignore reality, but one cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality."

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:54:00 AM

Vod - I know you know this, because I've refuted your false accusations several times before, but I suppose I must say it again; I have never shot up a drug into my body.  Take a break with the fear mongering smear campaign.

Falcon - People all over the world still stare into the sun for energy to this very day.  Including me, though I have not done it as much as others.  Incas still live today.  Aztecs still live today.  Egyptians still live today.  Falcon, please actually stare into the sun before bashing someone who has experienced it.

Josh - If you believe it will hurt your eyes then perhaps it will.  Though the people that have actually done so would argue otherwise.

I know you're not good at reading so I'll repeat it... I did stare into the setting sun once a while (big surprise, duh! , tell me anyone who never did that ?!).
But knowing that staring into it doesn't give any special energy and lacking a carry-along solar panel, I never spent specifically much time on it (which is also better for eyesight).

Yes, a few Incas and Aztecs live today. In dirty shitholes with their once great cultures decaying and dying into complete irrelevance. They lived by something probably much closer to your recommendations than mine and this is the natural result. Go figure.
Egyptians discovered electricity, adapted and went with the flow of time. Ironically, they're likely the ones who would rather prefer some air conditioning or shadow than staring into the sun that scorches their earth every day.

Perception is a filter (depending on your mental abilities) for reality - not the way around. You filter seems clogged and needs replacement.
"One can ignore reality, but one cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality."

I'd rather live in a mud hut I built myself than a pile of toothpicks, but that's just me.  Have you considered that perhaps maybe the reason their population has dwindled is because our society is completely destructive and barbaric?  FFS, our nation was founded on the principle of white men sailing to america and slaughtering masses of native people, genocide.  And what do you ya know, we're still committing genocide to this day.

Reality is not objective, it is subjective to your perception.  So yes, change your perception and your life will change accordingly.  Just as you say staring into the sun is not good and will cause damage to your eyes, this is subjective to your perception.  In my perception, it gives you energy, wisdom and peace so it will manifest as such in my reality.

Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:59:05 AM

I've stared into the sun for a few minutes before.  How come I'm not blind?  How come I can see much better than the average person and better than I once did?
Staring at the sun rarely causes total blindness. It's likely that you're partially blind but don't know it, because the human brain does an amazing job of compensating for that. When you say you see much better, is that your self-diagnosis or did you get an actual vision test by a professional ophthalmologist? I guarantee that the latter will demonstrate that staring at the sun did not, in fact, improve your vision.

If you "see" something other than the sun when staring at it, then something is definitely shaky with your mental health (which is clearly the case, judging your other postings). Be it drugs, mental condition, alcohol abuse or whatever. You're in serious need of a skilled psychatrist.
Actually, seeing something other than the sun when starting at it is quite normal, due to the aforementioned compensation for partial blindness. The brain tries to fill in blind spots with what it expects to see, with occasionally hilarious results. It's a well-known cause of visual hallucinations in perfectly sane people (not that dank is necessarily sane). Like I said, if staring at the sun changes the way you see things, you need to see an ophthalmologist.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 05:06:23 AM

"Momma told me not to look into the eyes of the Sun!"

"But Momma, that's where the fun is!"

Bruce Springsteen, "Blinded By The Light".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Iaca30QbOo

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3064

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 07:51:31 AM

I'd rather live in a mud hut I built myself than a pile of toothpicks, but that's just me. 

Actually, you'd rather live where you don't need to build or contribute anything.  Aren't you lazy, unemployed and living with your parents?   Roll Eyes

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
FalconFly

Sentinel

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:05:17 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 11:19:35 AM by FalconFly

I'd rather live in a mud hut I built myself than a pile of toothpicks, but that's just me.  Have you considered that perhaps maybe the reason their population has dwindled is because our society is completely destructive and barbaric?  FFS, our nation was founded on the principle of white men sailing to america and slaughtering masses of native people, genocide.  And what do you ya know, we're still committing genocide to this day.

Reality is not objective, it is subjective to your perception.  So yes, change your perception and your life will change accordingly.  Just as you say staring into the sun is not good and will cause damage to your eyes, this is subjective to your perception.  In my perception, it gives you energy, wisdom and peace so it will manifest as such in my reality.

I'd rather live in a nice house that I designed myself with water, electricity and all the technology that makes life comfortable (haven't seen anyone trying toothpicks but I'd expect poor results).

But wait, you mean these old civilizations were overthrown by the harsh *gasp* REALITY that they were simply invaded ??!
You mean their perception and changing the way they percieved things didn't do sh*t for them - just as expected by any sane person ?

Reality is objective, anything you make of it is subjective by definition and regardless of your flawed and false opinion.
In your perception (which is simply 100.00% wrong), you live in lala-land and believe in fairtytales and unicorns so to speak.
That's the perception of a mentally ill person. Period.

The only things that will manifest in your life will be the catastrophic results of you frantically attempting to negate reality and try to live the childish illusion you chould change reality at your will (or with a blink of your perception).

The good thing is that you already made all that crystal clear, so there's absolutely no surprise here.
Anyway, I wish you the best of luck - you'll seriously need it, basically stumbling through life out-of-control and (mildly put) on the verge of insanity.

Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:08:20 PM

I'd rather live in a mud hut I built myself than a pile of toothpicks, but that's just me.  Have you considered that perhaps maybe the reason their population has dwindled is because our society is completely destructive and barbaric?  FFS, our nation was founded on the principle of white men sailing to america and slaughtering masses of native people, genocide.  And what do you ya know, we're still committing genocide to this day.

Reality is not objective, it is subjective to your perception.  So yes, change your perception and your life will change accordingly.  Just as you say staring into the sun is not good and will cause damage to your eyes, this is subjective to your perception.  In my perception, it gives you energy, wisdom and peace so it will manifest as such in my reality.

Dank is irrational and illogical. We have studies, tests, to back up the claim that the staring into the sun does indeed damage your vison, go to your local ophthalmologist and he/she can tell you. Changing perception of things is ok, like you once thought of someone in a bad light, but after seeing who they really are, you now think they're a good person. But you can't change reality, what you see is what you get, trying to "change" that would make you even more delusional than you already are. Please stop, take a look around you, think of all the good the world has to offer, and find yourself.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world" Muhammad Gandhi (Though it must be a positive change, please don't interpret this to do something wrong, thanks)

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 04:21:09 PM

Heavy stuff here in this thread.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: