Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:16:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Difference of coins  (Read 1226 times)
yansen

Activity: 588
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:20:11 AM

all the same, Bitcoin and Altcoin are crypto currencies. but Bitcoin is a pioneer of blockchain technology. and altcoin is a child of Bitcoin, I mean a new coin made with bitcoin technology, but it's under bitcoin. I consider altcoin as a means to collect bitcoin.
kabir ullah

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:54:00 AM

The difference between bitcoin and altcoin is like gold and coin. Bitcoin values like gold. Altcoin is the alternative version of bitcoin. Bitcoin has the top position since it was invented and I think no one can replace it so earlier.
huanzhong644306

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:58:02 AM

Bitcoin is the no. 1 cryptocurrency. ALTCOIN is a token on different blockchains, with no difference in functionality.

But bitcoin is more widely accepted.
ottogary

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:11:04 AM

Both bitcoin and altcoin are cryptocurrency.
But bitcoin is the pioneer of all cryptocurrency while the alt coin is all of new cryptocurrency that occur beside bitcoin. Such as alternative coin that can be used just like what bitcoin does, and perhaps with more possibilities.
DeltaX

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:36:02 AM

What is the difference of Bitcoin and Altcoin? Those two got me confused ey. Noobie here.

In general, they are no different, they are cryptocurrencies. If there is another, that is the potential and the time of their birth. BTC is the pioneer.
There was a lot of differences between bitcoin and altcoin. As you can see how altcoin was providing the more scalable blockchain compared with bitcoin and that has become the way to earn fast buck or short term trade and i think you have understood about this.
It's really different if you can try to create such a comparison between bitcoin and altcoin from the technical view.
ziro cent

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:20:58 AM

Bitcoin is the most popular than any other cryptocurrency. It is called the king of crypto. Other cryptocurrencies without BTC are known as altcoins. Altcoins provide similar services like the Bitcoin.
alexsoul

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:31:49 AM

Bitcoin is the first and most important cryptocurrency, thanks to the popularity of bitcoin, people became interested in this topic. Altcoins, in other words - alternative cryptocurrencies, they appeared later and there are a lot of them today. Each altcoin solves certain problems, depending on the direction of the project.

https://bidooh.io/ ▸▸  Decentralized Digital Billboards
Backed by OKEx & Director of Manchester United    ●●
Bitknick

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:33:11 AM

Bitcoin is primarily a father and creator of crypto currency, plus they are built on different platforms!
Ivraes

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:44:08 AM

Altcoins stands for alternative coin. Any cryptocurrency other than Bitcoin is called altcoin. Some of the best known altcoins are Ethereum, NEO, Litecoin, Dash etc. But Bitcoin is the first and most valued cryptocurrency.
Huangshe

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:45:57 AM

BTC is the sun of the current crypto solar system, rest coins are orbiting around it. All alternative coins are introduced copying BTC. You can have your own alt but you have to establish an exchange rate with btc for your coin.
Labyrinth Wraiths

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:47:53 AM

cryptocurrency has a lots of variety at coin and bitcoin is almost 10years old now,  I this such short time crypto has created a different kinds of coins for investor,  the list is so long that if they don't create any new coins in upcoming 100 years it will not effect the market or the investors will not face any lackings
Bryrsyrog

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 11:03:56 AM

cryptocurrency has a lots of variety at coin and bitcoin is almost 10years old now,  I this such short time crypto has created a different kinds of coins for investor,  the list is so long that if they don't create any new coins in upcoming 100 years it will not effect the market or the investors will not face any lackings
hasimkamal

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 01:02:30 PM

The both of this are decentralize technology. These start operation to eradicate the problem of transaction. The difference is that bitcoin already spread its market in various sector on the other hand alt can not spread like bitcoin. Bitcoin work as a market leader.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 01:19:59 PM

What is the difference of Bitcoin and Altcoin? Those two got me confused ey. Noobie here.
I think the "patent" discussion is not nice because if you ask me patents should go away and just purely stay as a way to show who first invented but in the end even in real life situations patents should go away so that we can all use stuff to improve life and not make it a personal war between profits for shareholders and keeping your CEO job with them.

Look at tesla both the person and the company gave away their patents for free and they just let the world evolve around them because keeping it to yourself won't help anyone but you. Coins are the same, all new coins should use the features of the previous coins and add something on top of it instead of having the same coin with one new feature all the time.
jefrystar

Activity: 67

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 01:33:11 PM

Bitcoin is the pioneer of this digital currency. I t have huge popularity and now it deals with largest volume. It’s the biggest decentralize platform . Alt coin operation is also same but the market share is lower than bitcoin .
Foress

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 01:45:24 PM

The oldest coin in the crypto market is Bitcoin. The rest of the coins are made by following Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the father of altcoins. Altcoins price followed Bitcoin.
jamota

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:18:14 PM

As an alternative coin that can be used like what bitcoin does, and maybe with more possibilities.
Both bitcoin and altcoin are cryptocurrency.
But bitcoin is the pioneer of all cryptocurrency while alt coin is all the new cryptocurrency that happens next to bitcoin.
Yara1996

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

ONe Social Network

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:27:19 PM

The difference is very big Bitcoin is already familiar with the coin that has proven itself on the market and other coins are only developing!

Xxmodded

Activity: 2282
Merit: 309

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:31:02 PM

I think friends here have explained it to you from various points of view and knowledge.
I just want to suggest, you should start taking the time if you are interested in this crypto industry, by getting used to reading you will get a lot of understanding about bitcoin, ethereum or the blockchain system.
and this depends on you

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
terible.hunter

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:32:55 PM

This is a very important question that concerns most tokens, I think that now it is necessary to raise the question of what a difference, but the most important is speculation, that's the difference.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: