Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:10:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Difference of coins  (Read 1223 times)
annasadia

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:40:51 PM

The post remembers my first beginning time when I was so much confused about the words and what they meant. In crypto currency the currency is compared with coins. The coins are the currency. Like our real currency world there are many currencies as USD, Australian Dollar, Euro, pound and so on. In crypto currency Bitcoin is like one of them and other coins are altcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
David41

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 03:07:01 PM

Altcoin, Alternative coin is the alternative coins for bitcoin, all the coins used in crypto currency except bit coin is called combindly alt coin. Bitcoin gets extra attention because all the other coins are modified from bitcoin or inspired from bitcoin.
MilfordGannon

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:53:29 PM

Like our real, physical monetary world where USD is the main currency in the market, bitcoin is like American dollar in the crypto market. In the real world other local currency market depends on the market of USD . in crypto market all the other coins also depends on the market of bitcoin, these all other coins are alt coin.
Fadhil Pahlawadi

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:57:12 PM

actually don't need to be confused, because both of them are the same goals and now we also have to know how they always contribute to us who are struggling for our coins for a long time

🏦 PointPay 🏦
⚡️ Welcome to the future of the BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING ⚡️
➡️ https://pointpay.io ⬅️
bryle10

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:01:24 PM

for me! Smiley bitcoin is a technology held by blockchain then the altcoins will call on all kinds of tokens. but if I'm not that you know what your lesson should be about how trading strategies are for you to receive more money.
iyke12

Activity: 310
Merit: 1

Probit - Global Asset exchange

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 04:01:47 PM

Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency as we all know, it came along with its blockchain 1.0, bringing about the adoption of blockchain technology  and was also tradable with fiat currencies. It is the most adopted coin in the crypto world right now . All other coins are known as altcoins or alternate coins eventually came into existence and became tradable as well , they are on their own  blockchain and leverage on smart contact technology such as on the ethereum blockchain technology..
cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:10:11 PM

Actually Bitcoin and Altcoin are both Crypto and the difference between the first Digital Currency Bitcoin designed to be a substitute for Fiat and Altcoin currencies emerged afterwards to improve or perfect Bitcoin because bitcoin is also not perfect so Altco like ETH and other altcoins are supported by different technologies but in containers the same, Crypto.
tensports

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:12:49 PM

Bitcoin was the first blockchain based cryptocurrency,altcoin is known as alternative coin which  came after bitcoin,every other coin that was created after btc is referred as an altcoin
btcscal

Activity: 272

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:16:11 PM

BTC is the pioneer of crypto industry and has the highest volume and value. After that so many coins have listed in this industry which are termed as altcoins.
Wotoby

Activity: 180

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:31:00 PM

if what I know is that bitcoin is the first digital currency and the altcoin is only an alternative and as a complement to the shortcomings of bitcoin so it is unlikely to compete with bitcoin. bitcoin itself plays an important role in cryptocurrency as an example of bitcoin USD and altcoin are currencies of other countries so that their popularity and role are more important and cannot be replaced by other countries' currencies.
GunsLair

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:35:10 PM

For me, the main difference is that bitcoin is a initiator and ancestor of all cryptocurrency. In the fullness of time it was a breakthrough, something new that could "hook" a certain number of crypto-enthusiasts and subsequently develop into a powerful community. All other coins are an alternative to bitcoin, hence the name ALTcoins. But you shouldn't afraid neither bitcoin nor altcoins, they need to be studied, and then to invest, trade or hold.
yulchatar

Activity: 910

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:44:43 PM

Yes, I agree that bitcoin is the most powerful of all cryptocurrency. He proved his superiority. He proved his viability for many years that whatever difficulties and prohibitions which it came across on its way, it will be able to overcome everything. For me, this coin number one among the others cryptocurrencies. But I also respect the altcoins which are also in the tops for a long time and don't disappear. This suggests that they also have a right to exist.
kayvie

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:51:12 PM

What is the difference of Bitcoin and Altcoin? Those two got me confused ey. Noobie here.
bitcoin is the main cryptocurrency, it is the first every crypto that has been made in the history, altcoins means alternative coin which based its creation from bitcoin, I mean it is created due to the existence of bitcoin.
vladaziya4

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:56:39 PM

I do not pay attention to them, they write all the unnecessary information. I invest, invested and will invest in cryptography. Cool Kiss Investing is never too late, the main thing is to think about this desire, do what you like and listen to yourself the most important thing. Tongue Tongue Tongue
hinaries

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 05:44:04 PM

yes we have to admit that crypto has created a lots of coin till now and bitcoin the most popular and old one from them,  every coins was needed and unique so all of them are  useful for doing transactions, you don't have to feel lacking of coins here
drants

Activity: 210
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:10:21 PM

What is the difference of Bitcoin and Altcoin? Those two got me confused ey. Noobie here.
well, the most simple and wose stuff i've heard about this difference was something like this - btc is the original one and the most popular; everything else are alts Grin

Data✘chain | Blockchain Based Decentralized Data Trade Service
http://dataxchain.org/ico/main/
Nicolaus Copernicus

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 02:37:13 AM

yes and the difference is needed for the market,  every single one is unique and precious on its own way and I think a new one is adding here everyday which is opening a lots new options for us , so that we will able to do much better
setancredit3

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 04:20:00 AM

At the moment, we can see that there are a lot of coins starting to emerge now, but in fact today, it seems that almost all of the coins have started to be valuable right now, but we can see that all the other crypto coins currently depend on the price of bitcoin, so now we can exchange to buy altcoins using bitcoin in a short time so that it costs less.
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:09:47 AM

At the moment, we can see that there are a lot of coins starting to emerge now, but in fact today, it seems that almost all of the coins have started to be valuable right now, but we can see that all the other crypto coins currently depend on the price of bitcoin, so now we can exchange to buy altcoins using bitcoin in a short time so that it costs less.
This is about regardless of the point that for which thing , OP asked .
Well already many of the guys here told about the difference between bitcoin and altcoin but here I don't think the most of the people explained him in best way to identify the bitcoin and altcoin in simple manner , I mean to define .
The first coin that entered in the online world of internet is bitcoin and after that all the coins which entered in this field of the cryptocurrency are altcoin , ALTCOIN = ALTERNATE + COIN   , so other than bitcoin are all altcoins .

thought that Bitcoin are two different cryptocurrency, but it turns out that it altcoin is also bitcoin and the only difference is it is modified.
Your thinking about exact that there are few coins also which are just copy of the technology of the bitcoin Blockchain algorithm for example lite coin having the same technology SHA256 that bitcoin have and also there are many coins which have the same type of technology but it is the bitcoin which is more better and more stable in the cryptocurrency market and another are just representative to show that they can do something like bitcoin but in actual they are not able to do the same impact in the cryptocurrency like bitcoin is doing .
JohnYDillinger

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:25:55 AM

there are many differences between coins and mainly in technical characteristics. The main differences are in the speed of transactions and the protocol.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: