Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:33:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Stolen from Poloniex  (Read 167416 times)
sleepless

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

“Crypto Depository Receipts”

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 07:37:32 PM

Hello everyone I'm Italian. About 12 hours ago I settled on the bitcoin poloniex, unfortunately after 60 confirmations still do not have my bitcoins, wallet inside ... I read a few pages of this thread and I did not understand much, Can I get my bitcoin? WHEN? I also have auroracoin if you pick to put them in the wallet of the computer, the risk of losing them? PLEASE reply me ..!

Sad

CAN I WITHDRAW THE AURORACOIN?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?

NO!

At the moment it's not possible. We are all waiting.

InternetApe

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 07:40:16 PM

Cant withdraw ANY coin because of the exploit.

DarkCoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615 - DarkCoin aims to be the first privacy-centric cryptographic currency with fully encrypted transactions and anonymous block transactions.
Pikkio92

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:41:10 PM

THEN?? I THINK THAT YOUR POLONIEX WILL CLOSE WITH ALL OUR MONEY!
IamNotSure

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:43:20 PM

Run on a transparent fractional reserve (published everyday the X% not in reserve)
Put a withdrawal fee of X%

Problem solved
Warren

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:54:55 PM

Why are you so annoying?

If trying to save people from losing their hard-earned money is annoying then I suppose you can go fix yourself.

I agree that there are several unanswered questions such as:

1. Why has a warning not yet been prominently placed on the site to deter further deposits?

2. What is the confirmed address that the funds were sent to, and how much was stolen?

3. Why has no warning email been sent to all registered users informing them of the security breach?

However, I think most of us can appreciate the enormous stress that Busoni is currently under, and I for one choose to believe that he is doing everything he can in the background trying to fix the security holes and deciding on the best way forward in a difficult situation. Some mistakes and not being available for every question on the forum might be a price we have to pay? At least for now.

jtpeters has made 36(!) posts to this thread, each one pointing out that the money is likely being stolen in front of our eyes.

Is that really constructive, and are you surprised people find it annoying?

I think we understand your view on this by now...   Roll Eyes
Pete_Time4Meat

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:57:19 PM

I`m game for the Poloniex shares mate.
Will support you, shit like this is terrible and sadly it is happening all over the place.

Thanks for your honesty and hope this gets resolved soon.

Cheers,
TheDutch.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 07:59:04 PM

Why are you so annoying?

If trying to save people from losing their hard-earned money is annoying then I suppose you can go fix yourself.

1. Why has a warning not yet been prominently placed on the site to deter further deposits?

2. What is the confirmed address that the funds were sent to, and how much was stolen?

3. Why has no warning email been sent to all registered users informing them of the security breach?

However, I think most of us can appreciate the enormous stress that Bussoni is currently under, and I for one choose to believe that he is doing everything he can in the background trying to fix the security holes and deciding on the best way forward in a difficult situation. Some mistakes and not being available for every question on the forum might be a price we have to pay? At least for now.

jtpeters has made 36(!) posts to this thread, each one pointing out that the money is likely being stolen in front of our eyes.

I think we understand your view on this by now...   Roll Eyes

1. The site needs/wants more customers.

2.  You can find this with a little searching.

3.  Bitcoin talk is here for a reason.

The guy hasn't been MIA or anything and I think he is honestly trying.  This dude could turn out to be like Dooglus (who had exchange problems starting out and now runs Just-dice.com and Doge-dice.com)

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
jtpeters

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:59:21 PM

Busoni.

Could you process alt withdrawals please ?

It has nothing to do with the theft.

+1!

Please, cause they are stuck and some ppl are losing even more now cause they can't sell them.

per the original post, "all markets and withdrawals are still frozen, and they will remain that way until the negative balance watcher is written and in place and balance deductions are calculated."

It might be that only the BTC will be deducted 12.3% or both BTC and non-BTC will be deducted 12.3%

If all coins are deducted, this would be far more than the 12.3% of BTC lost. This is an obvious no-no, so I can only assume that (if everything is legit) non-BTC withdrawls will be processed once the "balance watcher" code is in place.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 08:01:25 PM

I would like to thank everyone for their support and understanding. It really means a lot. Having other people's money taken under my watch has made me feel just about as awful as I've ever felt in my life.

I think I should have a poll to determine how to pay the funds back. Here are the options I'm thinking:

1. Pay back over time with exchange fees.
2. Same as #1, but raise fees to expedite.
3. Sell shares of Poloniex to cover the debt; dividends paid regularly.
4. Award such shares to everyone immediately and consider that repayment.

Let me know if I'm forgetting an option here.

About recent deposits--it really wouldn't be fair to deduct deposits made after the BTC was taken. Obviously I should have posted a notice on the Balances page, but it is not difficult to make an exception for recent deposits.

I will be hiring a security programmer after this is dealt with.

Just say fuck the people who lost BTC. This shit isn't insured and open up as business as usual! Cheesy

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
jtpeters

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:01:55 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2014, 08:22:09 PM by jtpeters

At this point we don't know. Most vocal persons here seem to think that all is ok (per the original post).

However, there is some evidence to suggest that the owner of the exchange is not doing what they can to alert visitors to the website that there is a problem and is not doing their best to stop incoming deposits.

We'd like to think that all will be normal in a few days or weeks (hopefully less) but we can also try to make sure that the owner does what they should be doing right now.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 08:03:13 PM

At this point we don't know. Most vocal persons here seem to think that all is ok (per the original post).

However, there is some evidence to suggest that the owner of the exchange is not doing what they can to alert visitors to the website that there is a problem and do their best to stop incoming deposits.

We'd like to think that all will be normal in a few days or weeks (hopefully less) but we can also try to make sure that the owner does what they should be doing right now.

He'd kill the troll box if he was trying to trick people I would think.

jtpeters

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:05:32 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2014, 08:19:49 PM by jtpeters

Why are you so annoying?

However, I think most of us can appreciate the enormous stress that Busoni is currently under, and I for one choose to believe that he is doing everything he can in the background trying to fix the security holes and deciding on the best way forward in a difficult situation. Some mistakes and not being available for every question on the forum might be a price we have to pay? At least for now.

I think we understand your view on this by now...   Roll Eyes

"are you surprised people find it annoying".. I honestly don't care if 1 or 2 people find my posts annoying. (You should have said "are you surprised 1 other person finds it annoying" by the way, but I guess that would not have sounded authoritative.)

If our actions can save 1 person from potential worry then I don't give two shits about the cultural sensitivities of others. Some people find bad grammar annoying, but should you give a flying fuck?

If the people who feel they lost BTC first read this thread instead of afterwards, then perhaps they could have been saved some trouble.

Do you feel your reply is constructive? Don't answer that.. because doing so would not help anyone. But guess what? Reading my "annoying" posts will help someone. It doesn't matter if you or someone else doesn't like it. I honestly don't care. The pros outweigh the cons, and that's all that matters.

By the way.. you raised some concerns. Has anyone else been talking about these concerns and drawing attention to them? I was the first to express these concerns. Don't be a hypocrite when you're drinking my juice. The three points you raised started with me.

It takes 5 minutes to post something to the website. In the time it took you to count how many posts I've made to this thread (brilliant, by the way) he could have informed all his clients. You're telling me someone can't do that very important thing for 5 minutes of their time in the past 14 hours because they're under stress? It's bullshit. You can call it what you want.
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:08:54 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2018, 05:20:06 AM by WaffleMaster

big yikes
dspearce

Activity: 50

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:17:49 PM

+1 Dev

Dev you have been open and honest from the start. Admitting liability and working your hardest to fix this. I have lost BTC in C-Cex and here now. But I must say you have been far more open and honest about not only what happened but how you plan to remedy the situation. Your message about the issue I think also deserves a lot of credit, whilst C-cex has been better than Mt. Gox, I fear their reputation will eventually see them close.

Good work Dev, I will certainly keep using your exchange. For all the users moaning - I suggest you go play on the regulated stock and Fx markets or STFU!
sleepless

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 08:23:00 PM

This is annoying! Why are you posting this shit on every page and in every thread related to poloniex?

I mean to post it once is okay but every new page? Seriously?

jtpeters

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:24:00 PM

However, there is some evidence to suggest that the owner of the exchange is not doing what they can to alert visitors to the website that there is a problem and do their best to stop incoming deposits.

He'd kill the troll box if he was trying to trick people I would think.

A clever thief would pretend business-as-usual, I would think. (See the on-going coinmarket.io drama for reference)

Not saying OP is a thief (I don't believe so) but we should keep our wits about us.
jtpeters

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:27:11 PM

+1 Dev

Dev you have been open and honest from the start. Admitting liability and working your hardest to fix this. I have lost BTC in C-Cex and here now. But I must say you have been far more open and honest about not only what happened but how you plan to remedy the situation. Your message about the issue I think also deserves a lot of credit, whilst C-cex has been better than Mt. Gox, I fear their reputation will eventually see them close.

Good work Dev, I will certainly keep using your exchange. For all the users moaning - I suggest you go play on the regulated stock and Fx markets or STFU!

It's funny that you mention them because there's no mention of any problem on their website, either: https://c-cex.com/

Mt. Gox, Coinmarket, C-Cex

Sensing a pattern?
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:28:18 PM

Has anyone checked their BTC amount on Poloniex.....mine gone down by 12% to 15%.

It looks like the reduction is happening.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

sleepless

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 08:30:09 PM

Yep. The trollbox is full of the 12% shit.

This is actually a good sign. Everything is as promised now.

Hope he fixed the withdraw-bug so that we are able to trade soon again.

jtpeters

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:31:15 PM

Has anyone checked their BTC amount on Poloniex.....mine gone down by 12% to 15%.

It looks like the reduction is happening.

Is it 12.3% for you? Or more than that?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: