Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:48:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ...after the two are caught NAKED in the back of his pickup truck.  (Read 3587 times)
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:45:54 PM

interesting topic and interesting discussion on the matter.  I think it is wrong given his position of authority in the young adults life and he should have used better judgement.  In this case I'd think doin time is not needed unless the parents try to press charges or something like that took place.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:57:11 PM

interesting topic and interesting discussion on the matter.  I think it is wrong given his position of authority in the young adults life and he should have used better judgement.  In this case I'd think doin time is not needed unless the parents try to press charges or something like that took place.
Good point of view. We still don't have enough facts to know if the said student
were trying to get a better position when regarding grades, marks etc. If so it
was definitely wrong of the teacher to take this to his advantage. If it was just
consentual sex however between 2 invidviduals it shouldn't have consequences.
It's law vs workplace policies, once again.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
counter

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 12:36:49 AM

I 100% agree and couldn't have put it better myself.  I was hesitant to post on this topic but the viewpoints I read such as yours were rather refreshing. 
apsvinet

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 12:56:50 AM

I 100% agree and couldn't have put it better myself.  I was hesitant to post on this topic but the viewpoints I read such as yours were rather refreshing. 
Hah, there's always the issue with the internet, share the wrong opinion and you get jumped and bashed.
It's alright, I think most people using crypto currencies are slightly liberal anyways and would agree with
me and the others stating similar opinions.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 07:54:27 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 10:29:25 AM by Lethn

Yes that's right, blame the teacher and not the student, because the student is obviously going to be always completely innocent in regards to knowing about sex and doesn't have any idea of what they're doing LOL >_> it amazes me actually how people refuse to look at a situation that defies their stereotypes and accept reality and instead cling onto their silly pre-conceptions about certain groups of people. They wanted to fuck, they fucked and got caught, the end, I seriously doubt there's any massive conspiracy here or attempted rape or blackmail like everybody seems to want to believe, teenagers and children are far cleverer than adults ever give them credit for, people are just trying to dig around for an answer they want rather than what they'll actually get.

Something similar happened here in the UK with a whole teacher/student - older/younger thing and the BBC in particular went on a witch hunt over it trying to pick up all these examples until eventually a quite brave woman came on who had done it with a star when she was of a young age and she said she was completely aware of what she was doing, as you can expect, she was pretty much ignored, but I give credit for anyone who has the balls to admit that and say it publicly to help out men in particular.
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:40:53 PM

she is 17, a teacher nowadays don't have a position of authority at all, she can just refuses him and tell on him the school administration or her familly and he'll be in shit trouble even if he is innocent (this is way teachers keeps their distance from student usually because it's all about reputation) at 17 yo she is an adult and can make judgment for her self in general (some matures less rapidly but in todays society in general kids mature much fasture than they used two due to the amount of information they receive and they have access to)
counter

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:21:02 PM

folks I'm not saying the student is innocent in all of this but what do you think should happen to her?  maybe a blemish on her academic career is in order I don't know.  But the teacher is the authority figure in this situation and should no better.  Don't put you or your student in this situation and there is no issue.

You wanna bank so bad wait still she is 18 and avoid this type of issue.  As for kids maturing faster I'm on the fence with that.  I see alot of adults that act like children all the time.  There is more info available sure but many people don't know how to digest all the info that is around them and just become spoiled and sort of mentally lazy IMO.
Kiki112

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:07:19 PM

Good point of view. We still don't have enough facts to know if the said student
was definitely wrong of the teacher to take this to his advantage. If it was just

but why were they stupid enough to do it in a pickup truck where they can get caught, this probably isn't the first student he "did" as he wouldn't feel so free to do so in the early beginning

counter

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:03:19 AM

Hah, there's always the issue with the internet, share the wrong opinion and you get jumped and bashed.
It's alright, I think most people using crypto currencies are slightly liberal anyways and would agree with
me and the others stating similar opinions.

Not sure what you mean really I felt he made a good point and I let him no just that.  Don't feel as though i was being attacked or bullied just given a different point of view to consider that may not have had.  and if you mean more classical liberal like the type of values that America is based on then yes you can put me in with that group anytime.
Kiki112

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:55:11 AM

I guess counter can't hear us over his freedom Cheesy

apsvinet

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:45:31 PM

Notice he used the words classical american liberals, those who escaped their countries to flee from religious prosecution etc,
probably not the war crazed freedom lovers of today.

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:00:29 PM

Debating the age is stupid.  The fact is he had authority over her.. that's a big no no.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 07:05:10 PM

The age was 16 "back in the day" and now 18, that's a mess.
So an 18.5 year old cannot have a 17.25 year old girlfriend?
Which makes no sense at all.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:06:19 PM

Debating the age is stupid.  The fact is he had authority over her.. that's a big no no.

How can you tell that he has autorithy over her? I'm pretty sure that any teacher that get pointed out by one of his students for harassement and especially sexual harassament is in big trouble to say the least (even if it is not true)
Kiki112

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:46:03 PM

The age was 16 "back in the day" and now 18, that's a mess.
So an 18.5 year old cannot have a 17.25 year old girlfriend?
Which makes no sense at all.

I guess the 17 year olds parents aren't going to visit the police station for that Cheesy
I guess they think it's okay, still no excuse for such flaws in law..

dotcom

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:59:25 PM

I wonder how long it is before adults finally admit that people under the age of 18 have a mind of their own?

p.s. I think teenagers should be given the vote, maybe even younger
Meh, the reason teenagers aren't allowed to vote is because voting is primarily in the end about things that you're not really involved in before you're 18. Not to say their opinions aren't worth anything, but when it comes to laws, tax regulations etc most sub 18 teenagers doesn't have the experience or knowledge to be able to take part in a vote. Imo.

Most adults don't have the experience or knowledge to be able to take part in a vote.

counter

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:21:53 AM

but why were they stupid enough to do it in a pickup truck where they can get caught, this probably isn't the first student he "did" as he wouldn't feel so free to do so in the early beginning

sorry for the slow reply I was busy being free Smiley  I can't explain the logic of these two one bit sorry.  I think they made more then one bad decision and now here we are trying to make sense of it all the best we can.

Notice he used the words classical american liberals, those who escaped their countries to flee from religious prosecution etc,
probably not the war crazed freedom lovers of today.

Very true I'm not very fond of war.  I find it very seldom has a positive outcome.  But if there needs to be a war I'd like to think I a supporter of the side with the moral high ground.
angrynerd88

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

Hodlers Network

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:37:18 AM

I'm 23 and I guarantee I'll feel this way when I'm 70.

i am 25 and I feel like I am 70

angrynerd88

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

Hodlers Network

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:45:08 AM

I live in Italy and legally you can have sex with anyone above 14 but funniest thing is that people do not know it and think 16 or 18 years are necessary. Anyway socially if you are more than 18/20 and you have sex with a 14 yo girl you are seenas a  pedo.
I never did sex with a teen (even as a teen)  but I think that if I was allowed I would do it with Any girl looking cute, I would not be bothered by age, and I am sure most men think like me but do kitwant tto admit When iI say I would not be bothered by age I mean that a very cute 12 yo girl would arise me exactly as a woman, this in my inside while in my outside I would not show anything cause this hypocritical society would not let me it. In ancient times girls were married even in 11 or 12 and could consume, with nno social scandal.  It is all matter of society and moral of a certain time and period .

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 05:17:03 PM

I live in Italy and legally you can have sex with anyone above 14 but funniest thing is that people do not know it and think 16 or 18 years are necessary. Anyway socially if you are more than 18/20 and you have sex with a 14 yo girl you are seenas a  pedo.
I never did sex with a teen (even as a teen)  but I think that if I was allowed I would do it with Any girl looking cute, I would not be bothered by age, and I am sure most men think like me but do kitwant tto admit When iI say I would not be bothered by age I mean that a very cute 12 yo girl would arise me exactly as a woman, this in my inside while in my outside I would not show anything cause this hypocritical society would not let me it. In ancient times girls were married even in 11 or 12 and could consume, with nno social scandal.  It is all matter of society and moral of a certain time and period .
Well the reason they were married were due to the very small life span. So it really isn't an argument here.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: