Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 4252 times)
BitterTea

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 05:10:17 PM

I'm flattered by the name drop, but when I'm not getting drawn into arguments on this forum I've already got a project I'm working on, and I don't have the coding chops for alt client work. Good luck to you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bobnova

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 11:55:59 PM

Didn't you already make wild claims about SC1 continuing once?

For the first time, I actually agree with Spacy:
The plan is quite clear:
1. Find others to do the hard work for you
2. Launch and praise it as THE NEW ONE AND ONLY BETTER chain (because you are in it)
3. Mine
4. No more improvements
5. Price stagnates
6. Dump
7. Profit
8. Price falls
9. Chain is going to die
10. People who made you profit have lost some valuable coins

If you (BEX) want them to continue, put some work into it.
So far all I have seen is an awful lot of talk and zero code.
Hell, RS has put out more usable code (open source, even) than BEX so far.

Why don't you look up a few post and see I disclosed all my previous chain holdings and committed them to bounties. There are some major differences between Coinhunter and I.

1) I have about 100,000+ more BTC than he does.
2) Neither one of us are coders
3) I'm aware of the fact I'm not a coder and can pay people to do it.

In no way am I going to try to say I made it better after it is up, a group project = group success.

I will absolutely commit to not mine in any of the chains, all my rigs have been steady on BTC anyway except for the very brief times I mined IXC, I0C and screwed with the Alt Chains.

I'm interested in the innovation and mining it really means nothing to me.

All you've done is talk, and talk, and talk, and make claims, and never back up even one (1) of those claims despite them being easily backed up, and talk and talk and talk.
RS has at least released a something that may or may not be vaguely sort of successful (depends on what you think his goals are).

BTC:  1AURXf66t7pw65NwRiKukwPq1hLSiYLqbP
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 12:10:12 AM

BCX is full of shit. Always expecting OTHERS to back up his claims. I'm surprised you people took so long to see that.
Bobnova

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 02:29:47 AM

Why should anybody believe you when you say you won't mine?
Like I said, you've said much and proved/backed up absolutely nothing.

BTC:  1AURXf66t7pw65NwRiKukwPq1hLSiYLqbP
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 03:06:09 AM

i'll do it for shit & giggles.

i don't care if he's already mined over9000 million coins.

just for shit & giggles.  Grin

steelhouse

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 05:04:40 AM

I would like to see merged mining on iocoin to protect it and end all the mining rewards except transactions.  Preferably with a 5% tax which is deleted.
freequant

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 05:47:25 AM

BCX, if you are serious about this merger, you know that a loose coupling under merge mining isn't really going to fly.
Instead, respawn SC1 with a premined fund that will cover (exactly: no more no less) the outstanding balance of the other coins you integrate (weighted by relative value), and setup a public claim process whereby the holders of I*C will be granted the corresponding amount of SC1 upon provable destruction of their I*C.

More detail in the thread below (was about merging TBX+FBX+LTC originally).
The original proposal
freequant

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 05:12:26 PM

BCX, if you are serious about this merger, you know that a loose coupling under merge mining isn't really going to fly.
Instead, respawn SC1 with a premined fund that will cover (exactly: no more no less) the outstanding balance of the other coins you integrate (weighted by relative value), and setup a public claim process whereby the holders of I*C will be granted the corresponding amount of SC1 upon provable destruction of their I*C.

Christ what is it with you people and the love of the god damn pre-mine anyways all it ever does it cause one big old pile of BS with never ending back and forth about you said or did this or that.
Premine is nothing but a state. Are you having a stance against a state?
I am not a proponent of premining for the sake of it, but I do not reject it blindly as a state just because some people abused it for their own profit in the past.
Perhaps you can read a couple words further into my proposal before switching into reactive mode.

Screw that shit what you suggest here in this post is just crazy if the I*C coins are going to be exchanged for SC on a pre-mine then those chains should be killed off then not kept alive and go on with the SC alone as is with fixes.
I do not have any personal opinion as of whether these coins merit to survive.
OP mentions that he wants to consolidate them in a hope that doing so will allow their revival.
The rationale behind is quite obviously to start with a larger user base by leveraging on the vested interest of the stake holders of these three coins.
Only, the plan of using merge mining is naive. Merge mining 3 worthless coins together is not going to do the trick.
Why would you merge mine 3 dead coins if you have already given up mining any of them at all?

On the other hand, SC1 is an interesting carrier of value on which I*C's can cling to recover.
By allowing SC1 users that adopted SC2 to double spend their old coins in the SC1 chain, you are set to gain traction and undermine their exclusive loyalty to SC2.
For I*C user, the incentive is the opportunity of switching their dead coins into a more popular blockchain.
This would finish to kill the original I*C and give enough momentum to SC1 to start becoming a problem for SC2.

Everyone knows the history of these chains and the coins that are already out there if that is not acceptable to them well then don't mine and use them simple as that fix the problems with the exploits and let em go if people want to use it/them then fine if not they die like they should. DISCLOSURE I have ~200 SC, ~2500 IXC, ~25,000 I0C.
I there are people willing to play Frankenstein with dead coins, that should give you a hint that these coins are not completely dead.
They are a pool of unsatisfied expectations that can be tapped into to gain momentum.
Spacy

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 05:22:22 PM

Why revive multiple coins I0C/IXC/SC1? Why spreading the buying potential on 3 different coins? (Because if nobody buys the coins they are useless) Why not just 1 coin: SolidCoinPro?  Smiley So at the end for GPU there would be mamma BTC, ugly NMC, fresh SC1, and for CPU the fair LTC and the disturbing SC2 (I suppose that GG, TBX and FBX are going to die)  Smiley
Snapman

Activity: 291

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2011, 01:42:58 AM

Even tho killing sc2 (toppling the empire known as realsolid) sounds like a great idea, bringing back ix/i0 is not the answer as they are dead chains with 0 devs supporting them. Im still holding onto 10k i0c just in case but i'm not holding my breath.

BTCRadio: 17cafKShokyQCbaNuzaDo5HLoSnffMNPAs
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 07:14:42 AM

Any updates? Should I start mining IXcoin / i0coin already? Tongue
steelhouse

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 10:20:50 PM

io coin seems to take ixcoin source, make a couple line tweaks and release it.  I think nasakioto might be working on ixcoin, don't know as the ixcoin.org site is down and he has not posted here in two weeks.  He might be mining before the announcement or just given up.
Nasakioto

Activity: 172
Merit: 283

Thomas Nasakioto

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2011, 01:03:52 AM

io coin seems to take ixcoin source, make a couple line tweaks and release it.  I think nasakioto might be working on ixcoin, don't know as the ixcoin.org site is down and he has not posted here in two weeks.  He might be mining before the announcement or just given up.

I'm still around. Just having some server issues with ixcoin.org but it should be back up soon.

I'd prefer to go the merged mining route like namecoin with Bitcoin as the primary chain. I still need to look into this in further detail. If someone else has the time inclination and wants to port merged mining to the current ixcoin client, I would be happy to award 5K IXC from the 10K coding bounty.

Thomas Nasakioto - Upgrade to Ixcoin 0.3.24.3 before block 43,000
Ixcoin.org
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 04:47:57 AM

If we are going to go head to head with ShortBus Coin 2.01, then we clearly need loud-mouthed, grating fanboys, who love to post.

As an early adopter of both i0 and iX I would be delighted to put my hat in the ring to help with the obnoxious fanboy aspect of relentless promotion. And since I rarely use irc, you can ban/unban/ban me at will without any repercussions.

And I will throw some Iraqi dinars and Brazilian cruzeros in for the logo contest bounty, because if we are going to resurrect near-necrocoins, we ought to deal with a good old fashioned hyper-inflated dead currency too.
Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 08:54:33 PM

I'm still around. Just having some server issues with ixcoin.org but it should be back up soon.

I'd prefer to go the merged mining route like namecoin with Bitcoin as the primary chain. I still need to look into this in further detail. If someone else has the time inclination and wants to port merged mining to the current ixcoin client, I would be happy to award 5K IXC from the 10K coding bounty.
Anybody can mine 5K Ixcoins in a matter of hours at current difficulty.  You might have to sweeten the deal with more Ixcoins than that.

Mousepotato
worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 09:59:38 AM

Any news on this merged mining?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: