Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:03:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: September 30th ETF decision + when to buy  (Read 1769 times)
goshay97 (OP)

Activity: 223
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:26:03 AM

I have 2 Bitcoin and know we have great prices right now (even though we are over 7k) and I would like to buy into my favorite Alt coin however I'm nervous there will be some sort of drama  surrounding the September 30th decision regarding the ETF.

How would you guys buy in?  All in now?  Half now half later?  I'm stuck and not sure how to proceed. 
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sedahan13

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:41:47 AM

I think good idea is sell all coins on 29 of september first while waiting for decision of Bitcoin ETF, and then incase Bitcoin ETF will be approved we can buy back all coins. But if denied we can avoid loss because big probability the price will going down, and waiting for others deepest to buy back because in the long term Bitcoin still has potential to bullish.

│▌██████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ██████▐│
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│   TELEGRAM   │    TWITTER    │     REDDIT     │    MEDIUM    │
thaokhuyen08

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:31:11 AM

It's hard to affirm this. The ETF Foundation may be the good support tool for the market and to create more trust for investors. Need a lot of stuff, to promote this market. Hopefully in the future, there will be a healthier and more developed market
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:42:52 AM

I can feel that we Bitcoin lovers and hodlers are now again in a big crossroad...one that can be confusing on what to do...whether we let go or we continue to hold the coin. I actually hate this kind of thing because we are not in anyway on control as to what can be the decision and we can only speculate. Personally, am hoping that there can be the positive approval finally but knowing the kind of SEC people the agency has I might also be moving mine. Still, am very positive that maybe this coming decision is the one we are waiting for.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 07:23:03 AM

i would make sure to stay away from investing in any altcoin until the ETF decision becomes clear. of course you can always trade the pumping coins that are getting pumped every day even for the past 9 months of altcoin dumps but you have to find them on your own and on a daily basis.

in any case the reason for it is that there is no scenario that altcoins can go up in my opinion. if ETF is rejected and bitcoin has a drop then there will surely be a much bigger drop in altcoins which is the most possible scenario.
but even if ETF is accepted and bitcoin has a rise there can still be a big drop in altcoins since the money will move to bitcoin to FOMO buy it so you can again lose.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Ghebung Masam

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 07:47:36 AM

we don't know the decision that SEC will take regarding ETF later, but for now I'm only focusing on holding bitcoin and some other old altcoins like eth, ltc, xmr and doge.

Iykecollynz

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 08:11:38 AM

At such moments it is better to divide your portfolio and probably stay keep 1/3 in bitcoin and some alts while the rest be in fiat, once after the period have elapsed, if the etf decision becomes positive you will have something at least to gain from what you have bought and if it goes the other way, you will have enough fiat to buy the drip, either way, you win
Miguelgreen

Activity: 95

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 08:18:28 AM

If i have 2 btc, i Will keep them. This is long term for me
ETF Will not be aproved on my opinion.
After that off course price can drop.
All depend at witch price you buy the BTC and how mutch you expect to earn.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:01:22 AM

at least 2 weeks after the ETF decision comes out. because i believe they are going to reject this ETF too just like the previous dozens of ETF that they have been rejecting all this time.
and when they reject the ETF bitcoin may drop back to $6500 again and that 5% drop can start another 20% to 30% dump in altcoins.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
LuckyOctopus

Activity: 45

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:03:37 PM

If i have 2 btc, i Will keep them and wait for a good time. if ETF approve than btc price grow up and i will sale my btc. it will make more profit. other hand ETF not approve than price can drop.
dnsokoljuk

Activity: 924
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 08:09:22 PM

ETF decision can make a lot of surprizes. But we dont know which effect will have this decision - price will increase or falls again. Also we dont know what will be before this decision. Practice shows that all main moves happiens before.
btccrusher

Activity: 742
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 08:14:46 PM

Hopefully, ETF will bring a good news. In case they don't, we still can make profits in the long run. Just be sure, you're not investing in any shitcoin. I'd suggest keeping limiting in only Bitcoin and Ethereum. After ETF result comes out, you can decide what should you do. Till then, practice day trading for quick cash.
popkiko

Activity: 90
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:17:26 PM

Nobody knows what is the ETF decision but in my opinion dont put your all money in crypto, just only the money you can afford, lets say 25%-35% of your saving thats good enough to buy cryptocurrency.
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:19:46 PM

There was a dump today, most likely to keep the price low so institutional investors will jump in at a good price point. Once the ETF is granted we will see a very rapid rise as the whales move in. Best to keep at least 25% in btc and see where the market goes, alts might bleed out or pump together at a higher rate
crimsongoth

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 08:31:06 PM

I think it would be extremely risky to take a financial moving before the ETF decision. Yes, you will have a chance to make a really high profit, but you can lose a lot of money if it is announced in the decision.
Grozaj

Activity: 44

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:34:43 PM

it is best to wait for a decision on ETF. they will decide in what direction the market will go. and until this moment we will still go down to the bottom. as today. because many do not want to risk a negative verdict
TheBitcoinBadger10

Activity: 261

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:36:58 PM

If i have 2 btc, i Will hold them. when btc price grow up that time i will sale my btc and make profit for my investment. if ETF not approve than price can drop but its not sure.
blackmagic111

Activity: 218

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:10:44 PM

The bitcoin price is stable now. The price of it gradually increase. It best decision to hold the coin. ALT coin can give you enough facility like bitcoin. So I suuget you to but bitcoin and hold it. It will give you huge profit.
maro101

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:14:00 PM

It is difficult to say what decision the SEC will take and how it will affect the market. I think the best option would be to postpone the purchase of altcoin until the final decision and only then buy something.
CanyonsBull

Activity: 215

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:25:08 PM

In my opinion bitcoin is better than ALTcoin. Although alt coin is performing well but it cana not provide facility like bitcoin. The profit of it is not same as bitcoin. So I think holding bitcoin is the best option.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: