Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:24:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I Lost Everything From Mt.Gox's Bankruptcy  (Read 2521 times)
FalconFly

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Sentinel

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 11:27:35 PM

True, this forum isn't exactly your average mix you'd find in an everyday street (where empathy is usually justified).

Here, it's more like in a maximum security thieves guild prison, where people invent methods to rip others off every hour.
Hence, an almost paranoid version of scepticism is more than needed just to plain survive.

"No country for good men" so to speak - they'd be taken advantage of and skinned to the bone within days or less. A shark tank with nice window dressing - swim or dive at your own risk.

Maybe it's because I'm an honest being, but more than often reading across the forums I feel like a stranger in a strange world.

This forum signature is like its owner - it can't be bought
jstern

Activity: 368
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:42:26 AM

Wow. I feel bad for you. I can relate to you, but at a much, much, much, much smaller scale. Like losing a few coins when I don't have a lot of money. I felt so bad, so I can imagine how bad you felt.

You never now what the future holds. Isn't Gox going to relaunch?
jstern

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:46:40 AM

I kept most of my Bitcoins in Mt.Gox,

most?
so you do have bitcoins, you do have a family, a janitors income, you even have a house, internet, and a computer..

you have not lost much then.

im sorry but you just have to bite the bullet and realise, no one is going to give you $400k

He has lost hundreds of thousands of dollars, for crying out loud.
jstern

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:49:16 AM

It is really unfortunate but world was never fair. I lost all my money too and I don't think that people will help you or me. They rather rob us from more, suck already poor people more and more. Nobody cares about others. That is the law of this world - if you are unfortunate, you gonna die alone.
It's all a learning opportunity. Like for example, the OP said he wanted to sell high and buy low. When people do that, for you to gain, others have to lose. So maybe this experience will cause him to think more of those people. It's a horrible game.
Angelique

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:01:38 AM

I felt bad for you, sorry to hear about your loss.  Undecided Just move on.
richmke

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:08:36 AM

If you bought in December, 2013, then 1/2 your loss has been in the price of BTC.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: