Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:19:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoBoreas - Canadian Bitcoin Mining Hosting (CLOSING DOWN!!)  (Read 33214 times)
wlefever
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 09:49:56 PM

Just so everyone is aware there is a power outtage in the region we operate in. This is in case some of our existing customers can't get a hold of us via traditional methods (email etc).

NL Hydro estimates power will be restored tonight at 7:00pm'ish local time:

https://twitter.com/NLHydro?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
Thanks for the update!  Are ya'll still basically at max capacity?  I've been pursuing some pandaminers but haven't entertained adding to Cryptoboreas since word was that space was capped off. 

Regardless thank you and keep up the great service!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kimosan

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 09:59:30 PM

Just so everyone is aware there is a power outtage in the region we operate in. This is in case some of our existing customers can't get a hold of us via traditional methods (email etc).

https://twitter.com/NLHydro?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Thank you for the update.
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2017, 12:04:04 AM

Thanks for the update!  Are ya'll still basically at max capacity?  I've been pursuing some pandaminers but haven't entertained adding to Cryptoboreas since word was that space was capped off. 

Regardless thank you and keep up the great service!

We are still capped, but are working feverishly to find new power. Unfortunately I cannot give any concrete timeframe for that.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2017, 12:05:09 AM

"Customers in Labrador East should prepare for the possibility that the current power outage may last overnight into tomorrow. (1/2)"
"Extensive damage on transmission line from Churchill Falls. The crews are working around the clock to resolve the issues. (2/2)"

I reeeeely hope it doesn't last into tomorrow. For updates please go here:

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2017, 06:48:38 AM

"Current estimated restoration time for Labrador East is 3 pm tomorrow. Crews will assess and provide an update in the morning."

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2017, 06:48:10 PM

Power has been restored. There may be brief power outages after this if they decide to muck around with things after the power transmission line repair, but let's hope not. All customers please check your miners on the pool side and e-mail us if they are not online in the next hour or so. We are going around checking each miner physically but in case some are not hashing in spite of the miners LED indicators let us know.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2017, 10:55:31 PM

I have one request for all existing customers that have a forum account. Please subscribe to this thread so you will receive any important updates and news. We are working on having a status update page on our website and once that is active I will let everyone know here.

Flanagan

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 11:49:11 AM

Hi, This business seems interestin.
Sorry for the for dummies question, how does this work ?
Do I have to buy a mining device, such as Antminer or other, then send it you physically and pay the hosting fee and you send me the earned bitcoins monthly ?
Please let me know, thanks.

Learn to listen, listen to learn.
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 12:10:25 PM

Do I have to buy a mining device, such as Antminer or other, then send it you physically and pay the hosting fee and you send me the earned bitcoins monthly ?

It works just like server hosting. You buy and ship the miner to us and we provide you with power, space, and internet connectivity for a monthly fee. The miner gets pointed at whatever mining pool you desire so you get all the bitcoins mined. We invoice you on a 3 month pre-paid basis (month to month is available but it's more expensive).

Flanagan

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 12:36:19 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2017, 12:57:57 PM by Flanagan

It works just like server hosting. You buy and ship the miner to us and we provide you with power, space, and internet connectivity for a monthly fee. The miner gets pointed at whatever mining pool you desire so you get all the bitcoins mined. We invoice you on a 3 month pre-paid basis (month to month is available but it's more expensive).

Thanks for the prompt reply. So could you or someone inform me how much bitcoin I could make per month net based on your prices, as I have no idea and would like to consider investing in this.

I've used a profitability calculator online which shows as follows, based on zero electricity costs (which is covered in your monthly fee I believe) for S5:

In this example I see a profitability in BTC of around $30 per month ($1.04 per day). How does this work if your lowest fee is CDN$ 65 per month? Is there an explanation? Or maybe I should be thinking of mining an altcoin to make it profitable ?

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 01:05:14 PM

Thanks for the prompt reply. So could you or someone inform me how much bitcoin I could make per month net based on your prices, as I have no idea and would like to consider investing in this.

We cannot give you a solid number. This is a calculation you will need to learn to do on your own. It all varies based on what miner you purchase and the miner's performacne metrics (how much power it consumes, the hashrate, etc). All we can tell you is that we ask $65 CAD per KW/month. So say if you were to get an S9 that consumes 1.3 KW and produces 13.5 TH. Ok, so using a simple bitcoin mining calculator that shows that the miner will mine 0.185 btc per month which is $331 USD per month at today's btc/usd rate.

Ok, so now for the hosting fees. $65 CAD x 1.3 KW = $86.45 CAD in monthly hosting fees (does not include power supply rental or assume that you will provide your own)

$86.45 CAD is equal to $63.10 USD. Subtract $63.10 from $331 = $268 USD pure profit for you monthly.

My suggestion is don't blindly jump into mining without taking some serious time to learn the details of this game and figure out if the risk is worth it for you (yes there are risks, it's not a money tree).

Good luck with your research!

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 01:18:22 PM

I've used a profitability calculator online which shows as follows, based on zero electricity costs (which is covered in your monthly fee I believe) for S5:

In this example I see a profitability in BTC of around $30 per month ($1.04 per day). How does this work if your lowest fee is CDN$ 65 per month? Is there an explanation? Or maybe I should be thinking of mining an altcoin to make it profitable ?

Well, it doesn't work like that. You are using that calculator wrong. You have to include the cost of the hosting and with such calculators you have to convert the $65 CAD fee to a $ per KW cost.

S5s are NOT profitable to host with us. S5s only make sense if you have free or super low electricity rates.

Panda Trump

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 10:05:05 PM

Looks nice, might be interested in this. Will let you know :-)

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 01:36:37 AM

Guys we'd love to host your miners, but at the moment we are full. We are working on expanding, but I cannot promise any concrete timeframe on this. For now I suggest you send us an e-mail with your name to sales [at] cryptoboreas.com and I'll add you to our waiting list. Once we have more capacity we plan to e-mail everyone on the waiting list to let them know.

Flanagan

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 11:58:07 AM

Thanks, obviously I don't know much about this kind of business. Guess it might be profitable based on hosting several devices, not one only. Perhaps in the future you could add a for dummies section at your website with some examples of expected returns, something like :based on hosting 4 "x name" mining devices, total hosting cost per month= CDN$ N, total net returns for client = CDN$ N or something like that. Or maybe not....if you are at full capacity you probably won't run out of experienced customers at any time so no need to explain things in a more dummy like manner for people like me.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 01:28:17 PM

The issue with that idea is that the variables in this mining game change all the time.

It can be profitable with just one miner actually. It all depends on the miner you buy and at what price. A brand new S9 from Bitmain is very profitable right now with our hosting fees. Of course you have to take into consideration the ROI of the hardware (ie how long it will take until you get your original investment back) which can take 4 to 6 months depending on how the mining difficulty and BTC price behave. If you are still determined to learn about the mining industry I'm sure you will. It's not super hard stuff, you just have to invest some time to build up a basic knowledge base.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 11:20:53 AM

Website is http://www.cryptoboreas.com

Use the "Contact Us" form on the site to e-mail us.

However, I must mention beforehand that right now we have no spare capacity. We are working on expansion and we anticipate in max 3 months to have some available power.

Flanagan

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 04:08:36 PM

We cannot give you a solid number. This is a calculation you will need to learn to do on your own. It all varies based on what miner you purchase and the miner's performacne metrics (how much power it consumes, the hashrate, etc). All we can tell you is that we ask $65 CAD per KW/month. So say if you were to get an S9 that consumes 1.3 KW and produces 13.5 TH. Ok, so using a simple bitcoin mining calculator that shows that the miner will mine 0.185 btc per month which is $331 USD per month at today's btc/usd rate.

Ok, so now for the hosting fees. $65 CAD x 1.3 KW = $86.45 CAD in monthly hosting fees (does not include power supply rental or assume that you will provide your own)

$86.45 CAD is equal to $63.10 USD. Subtract $63.10 from $331 = $268 USD pure profit for you monthly.

My suggestion is don't blindly jump into mining without taking some serious time to learn the details of this game and figure out if the risk is worth it for you (yes there are risks, it's not a money tree).

Good luck with your research!

In any case if I have to pay for the electricity, which is the real issue, then I don't see it profitable

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 12:12:29 AM

I'm confused as to what you're trying to say. Electricity cost is included in the $65 CAD/month. It _IS_ profitable to mine with us if you have the most efficient mining hardware.

Flanagan

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 08:24:11 AM

I'm confused as to what you're trying to say. Electricity cost is included in the $65 CAD/month. It _IS_ profitable to mine with us if you have the most efficient mining hardware.

Thanks again for a reply, What does this mean then : does not include power supply rental or assume that you will provide your own. ?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: