Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:35:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoBoreas - Canadian Bitcoin Mining Hosting (CLOSING DOWN!!)  (Read 33218 times)
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 11:05:36 AM

I'm confused as to what you're trying to say. Electricity cost is included in the $65 CAD/month. It _IS_ profitable to mine with us if you have the most efficient mining hardware.

Thanks again for a reply, What does this mean then : does not include power supply rental or assume that you will provide your own. ?

It means that if the miner requires a power supply and does not come with one built-in the $65 fee does not cover the _additional_ cost of a power supply. The customer has to either provide one (or however many are required to power the miner) or rent power supplies from us for a fee. This is standard policy across all crypto mining hosting companies.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Creativity

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 07:18:37 AM

Mhm... This would be the same as having $0.09/kWh electricity and no other maintenance costs?
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 07:28:29 AM

Mhm... This would be the same as having $0.09/kWh electricity and no other maintenance costs?

Yes, 0.09 CAD which is 0.07 USD.

fusion0389

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 12:31:13 PM

Just wanted to give a shout out to CryptoBoreas, I've got a nice chunk of hardware hosted with them without a single issue. Keep up the good work!
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 01:18:45 PM

Just wanted to give a shout out to CryptoBoreas, I've got a nice chunk of hardware hosted with them without a single issue. Keep up the good work!

Thanks! We appreciate the feedback! Smiley

dovlet

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 03:00:41 PM

Can we buy hardware directly from you?
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 06:37:02 AM

Can we buy hardware directly from you?

No unfortunately because we don't keep inventory on hand. You can buy miners from our existing clients though. We thought about offering hardware ready to hash but that's something we plan to put into action much later when we finish our current project and everything is running smoothly.

gpsdnet

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 02:04:16 AM

Was wanting to buy some Miners and GPU based Rigs.

Was looking for a Hosting facility, and found this post.

Will try to reach you, to take things further.
jasonal

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 06:51:44 PM

Hello @allinvain,
Do you have room for 2 Antminer L3 + asic miner?
Do you also have an annual contract option?
Do you have additional charges for installation and similar operations after we send your device?
How do you provide remote access to the device?
If the device fails, will you provide support for the problem?

They have more responsibility but these are the main issues.
Thanks for your interest.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 07:27:18 AM

Hey guys, sorry for the late reply, I don't monitor this thread all that often. The best way to reach us is to email us by using the contact us box at cryptoboreas.com.

@jasonal

At the moment we are at full capacity but we're working on expanding. E-mail us and we can add you to our customer waiting list. We technically do have an annual contract option but there is no price advantage to going with an annual plan instead of the typical 3 month pre-paid. No additional charges or setup fees. No remote access for low consumption miners (limited bandwidth). Yes if the device fails we provide support.

@gpsdnet

E-mail us via our website cryptoboreas.com and we'll add you to our customer waiting list cause at the moment we have no room and the queue is getting very long. There is a crazy amount of demand for hosting it seems.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 10:24:58 PM

Just a status update for all of you guys who follow or come across this thread. We are currently at max capacity. We are working on adding some power for the short term, but I cannot promise when and if that will become a reality. Use the contact-us form on our website @ cryptoboreas.com to request to be added to our customer waiting list. I will then notify you when/if power is available. For next though we will have more power available.

Happy mining!

gs777

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:54:31 AM

So, did you solve problem with power/room for new miners?
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 11:08:46 AM

So, did you solve problem with power/room for new miners?

Sort of. We got a new shop but its capacity is already sold out. Next year we expect to get a power upgrade for our existing shop, but we have 153+ people on our customer waiting list. If you wish to be added to the list send us an e-mail via the contact form on our website. The demand for hosting in insane!

Given the super high BTC price at this point it makes sense to host gear even with high cost providers. Once difficulty catches up lower cost providers such as ourselves will still remain the best deal for the long term though.

Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 03:52:59 PM

Are you aware that your partner in Goose Bay has died?  People in town have been looking for someone to claim control of the assets.
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 04:17:12 PM

Are you aware that your partner in Goose Bay has died?  People in town have been looking for someone to claim control of the assets.

Get your facts right and don't spread FUD.

I am a customer and I communicate with them on daily basis.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 04:50:15 PM

Are you aware that your partner in Goose Bay has died?  People in town have been looking for someone to claim control of the assets.

I'm not sure what you're on about, but my partner did not die!

Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:09:55 PM

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.3029722,-60.3700759,1027m/data=!3m1!1e3

that's your operation right? 
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 05:19:35 PM

What is your point? Your post was pure speculation and that's all there is to it. You could've checked with me before posting it. We are a very transparent group and would've cleared things up with anyone that is our customer. There is no customer gear or assets at risk nor has there ever been. As far as I can tell you have nothing hosted with us so please quit your FUD'ing or whatever it is you're fishing for.

MC_McMowqly

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:20:30 AM

Hey,
I have been looking around to compare prices of hosted mining in Canada. I see very different prices:
It is not clear to me why those prices vary so much. What would I be getting from CryptoBoreas, that I am not getting from the cheaper Bitcoin Miner Hosting option? Also, what am I not getting from CryptoBoreas that I would be getting from Mining Colocation? allinvain - or anyone else, really - can you help me understand those major differences in prices for hosted mining in Canada? It cannot be due to just differences in energy prices across provinces.
Thanks!
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 06:03:27 AM

Hey,
I have been looking around to compare prices of hosted mining in Canada. I see very different prices:
It is not clear to me why those prices vary so much. What would I be getting from CryptoBoreas, that I am not getting from the cheaper Bitcoin Miner Hosting option? Also, what am I not getting from CryptoBoreas that I would be getting from Mining Colocation? allinvain - or anyone else, really - can you help me understand those major differences in prices for hosted mining in Canada? It cannot be due to just differences in energy prices across provinces.
Thanks!

Believe it or not it is pretty much mainly down to the difference in energy prices across provinces. It is one of the biggest and most important factors in mining. This is not _the only_ reason but I'd say it the main reason prices vary. Sometimes a company may have their infrastructure capital expenses already amortized and thus they can afford to charge less. Or they could own their own shop completely and thus don't have to factor in rent into the pricing structure.

Many of these hosting providers will charge setup fees and charge you every time your miner requires maintenance or some sort of human intervention. You will typically be billed by the hour. So far we have not implemented such policies yet. We also have no setup fees and no minimum KW requirement. We welcome small to medium miners. I am very much ideologically opposed to the miner centralization phenomenon and if we can offer the "little guy" a chance to compete all the better.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: