Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:11:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoBoreas - Canadian Bitcoin Mining Hosting (CLOSING DOWN!!)  (Read 33218 times)
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 05:29:44 PM

That was my thought as well.  Sell now and get an Ant S1 saves power while boosting output at a reasonable price.
Thanks again.

I think the buyers on ebay just don't know how to value miners. Some would use not so kind words to describe them, but I shall refrain. But I think you are also right about the convenience part, and to that I would add that the buyer protection offered by paypal is an important factor as well. So although they may be paying more for the hardware there is less of a risk involved as compared to buying the gear from some random dude on the forum. Pros and Cons as with anything.

I agree, the Avalon miners are true heavy beasts of mining burden. Since you have a batch 2 or 3 avalon with first gen chips I think you are making a good decision to sell it. You can cut power consumption in half and double the hashing power by replacing your avalon with an Antminer.

I have been selling stuff on there for a while but not anything expensive.  My wife on the other hand has a small store on there and she has had great luck.
This one has me nervous as if I get scammed I lose not only the money but the BTC it generates.
Nerve racking.
You are right too people there pay alot more for stuff.  Here is would only sell for maybe tops $300 on there it will be $600 to $700.  One went just a couple weeks ago for $1000.
I guess on there it is about convenience too.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141217187115?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Crazy thing is that it is reporting 86 gh/s on BTCGuild right now for the last 6 hrs.  It is a beast for sure that just runs and runs.

Thanks for the luck I need it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 04:37:32 AM

I decided to offer Antminer S2 hosting and gridseed scrypt miners as well.

Now, I am gearing up to accept hardware. I would kindly ask those of you who are interested in hosting your miners with me to either post here or send me a PM.

I am also going to offer discounts for longer term hosting agreements - ie if you host for a 3 or 6 or yearly term, etc.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 03:35:16 AM

Hmm, I guess there is no interest. Perhaps I was mistaken. I will give it a week or two max.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:18:49 AM

I think you will get interest.  Start publicizing and setup and website with stats and basic costs to link to.
I just sold my Avalon or I would send it up to you.
Also offer to host the new Dragon miners as well.  They are shipping en mass right now.
If it is something you can afford also setup some miners that you can rent out to build up your resume with hosting.  I would be willing to rent one depending on price and give you a vouch based on how it goes as well as a review.
I hope this helps get you started.  I have been watching and watching how others are doing it to get an idea of what to look for in a hosting site.
Also if your rates beat other data center rates and still let you make a profit that rules.
Now the the US has the odd IRS ruling on mining you may be able to get some people from the US to move their gear up there.
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2014/03/29/white-house-petition-amend-irs-notice-2014-2-taxing-virtual-currencybitcoin/

Hmm, I guess there is no interest. Perhaps I was mistaken. I will give it a week or two max.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 03:53:24 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2014, 04:06:18 PM by allinvain

I do intend to setup a website very soon. As far hosting the dragonminer the reality is that I can host ANY miner. I do prefer miners that can be cleanly mounted on a shelf - ie come inside a case. I will just charge a reasonable fee on top of the cost to power the miner. I am flexible on cost and anyone can deal with me - just send me a PM and we will work something out.

Avalon and other very old gen miners are probably not worth hosting as they are pretty much close to the point of being unprofitable (ie pay more in power costs than it earns).

I've edited the first post with more details.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 12:14:04 AM

Just an update. I will have internet setup May 22'nd so afterwards I should be able to accept hardware into the data center.

dumo

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 01:12:28 PM

Just an update. I will have internet setup May 22'nd so afterwards I should be able to accept hardware into the data center.

Interesting. Just did a google search for hosting, got about 6 scrypt miners en route. was investigating gaw miners for hosting and been looking around for something in ON. I see some serious data centers being built in Markham. that won't work for me as mine are not rackable.

big question is were you in ON. even just the first 3 of the postal code.

dumo

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:19:27 PM

Patiently but not forever waiting for a reply here. Need some info where about in ON. Been in touch with a couple data centers who cannot help but have been flooded with the same inquiries as summer approaches, that and I have a tie in with a scrypt miner manufacturer who just started shipping.
dumo

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:07:51 PM

Very disappointing, OP has logged in twice since asking this simple question while querying if there is any interest. Does not bother to answer which reflects the slovenly service he might provide should this even go through. I got 6 ASIC scrypt miners en route and the seemingly simple question of the locale cannot be provided. Unless the plan is to host it in an open field by the highway, sure reveal just the Province. Absurd. Are you in the GTA, Thunder Bay, Bobcaygeon, Yorkville or what. I would need immediate access to my hardware and associates should there be issues with it hence this what to normal people would be a straightforward simple question. What I can advise if your prices on the first page are per unit, you can go tomorrow and get proper colo hosting in professional data centers downtown or uptown for better rates.

Good luck, suggest if you plan to start a business have the common courtesy to answer any and all queries in a timely manner.
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 11:24:17 PM

Suggest you learn some patience, manners, and learn to read the first post. I did disclose the province, and I would even go so far as to say it's in the Southwestern Ontario region. I cannot post the precise location here on the thread for obvious security reasons. Any issues with the hardware would be looked after by myself. I would've responded sooner but I did not get any notification from the forum about new replies to my thread. Judging by the attitude you display I doubt I'd want you as a customer anyways, as you'd likely be a pain in the backside.

dumo

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:53:39 PM

Cute, as soon as something negative is said there you are surfacing immediately with a reply. Once again, 3 first digits of a postal code was original asked. Nothing PRECISE as you keep saying. A county a region a borough even. Something is fishy here with this claim of security unless everyone in Ontario has x-ray vision capable of peering into offices and warehouses, providing a quadrant of any size of your choosing wouldn't compromise any security that you keep mentioning unless you mean when you run off with the client's hardware and the RCMP needs to track you down?

Definitely something is not right. Suggest everyone steer clear of this charade.
aasl

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 12:02:24 AM

the plan does not seem attractive.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 12:06:19 AM

lool, you are almost borderline amusing Smiley Hey, did you know I have a personal Sikorsky helicopter I plan to steal all your hardware. But sadly you have  unraveled my secret plan. Dang it. Seriously now, go troll somewhere else.

The postal code is N8W.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 12:10:44 AM

the plan does not seem attractive.

Well like I said in the first post I am flexible on pricing. I only offering this service to a few people so the hosting fees will assist me with covering some of the expenses of running the data center. This is mainly for my own personal use.

dumo

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 12:15:50 AM

Thank you.

Wasn't so difficult was it. Unfortunately that's 3 hours from me so not workable at all.

To assist you top professional colo 3 hours from where you are want 600/month for 6 units @ 6000 watt total.

What you are attempting to do is definitely needed and you may very well carve out a nice niche market if done right.

Good luck.
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 12:24:26 AM

Thank you.

Wasn't so difficult was it. Unfortunately that's 3 hours from me so not workable at all.

To assist you top professional colo 3 hours from where you are want 600/month for 6 units @ 6000 watt total.

What you are attempting to do is definitely needed and you may very well carve out a nice niche market if done right.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info. I'll likely lower my prices further. This facility must have some cheap power! PM me the name of this colo facility if you do not mind.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 12:30:58 AM

Lowered preliminary price of S2 and A1 rigs (clones) further. I'll likely drop it even more if I can secure cheaper power through an energy retailer. My local power company only gives discounts to major power consumers and I likely do not qualify yet.

QuiveringGibbage

Activity: 617
Merit: 543

http://idontALT.com

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 05:54:31 AM

I've started a H/w Hosting Directory & Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622998.0

Feel free to post your experiences with hosting providers.

Feel free to post your services (i.e. hosting ads).

Cheers,
QG

Bitcoin is at the tippity top of the mountain...but it's really only half way up.. Wink
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 08:30:31 AM

[Service potentially will re-open]: - This time in a different part of Canada and overall a much better setup. I may open a new thread or may continue on with this one. I'll have cost details posted soon.

jamesnbailey472

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:57:41 PM

[Service potentially will re-open: - This time in a different part of Canada and overall a much better setup. I may open a new thread or may continue on with this one. I'll have cost details posted soon.

SERVICE IS CLOSED. I have maxed out my hosting capacity with my personal miners and without a serious upgrade to the cooling and power (more $) of the  location there is no current room for more gear

Hi everyone.

I - like probably many of you - have ran out of room to expand my mining farm at home, so I set it upon myself recently to begin looking for some commercial space where I can build a modest miner hosting facility. In order to offset some of my costs and offer a valuable service to the cryptocoin community I thought I'd offer miner hosting services.

This is a test post to see if there is actually anyone interested in this service. For now I am targeting Canadian miners only mainly because it is just easier to get the miners shipped to the data center and miners don't have to worry about import taxes and international shipping costs. However if there is enough interest I might accept a few international miners. A perfect example where this might work out better is for EU citizens that pay high import taxes. Potentially I can purchase the miner on your behalf thus you end up paying less in total taxes.

The miners will be managed by me. I will have redundant internet connections and I will see if I can bring in fibre into the building. As a third backup option I will have a 3G wireless data stick.

For now I was thinking of starting off with hosting just Antminer S1 units. They are compact, relatively power efficient but most important of all they're very reliable. However, I can accept other miners but depending on their power requirements the setup fee may be larger (to pay for hooking up stronger circuits etc).

Hosting Fees:

Antminer S1  (per unit) - 80 CDN /month (payable in fiat, or btc at the daily price average at cavirtex). This is I believe cheaper than any other antminer hosting service out there (power costs are included).
I decided not to accept S1 units due to their overly high power consumption and because they do not represent an easily rackmountable solution.

KNC Jupiter - $100 CDN /month (preliminary price).

Antminer S2 - $170 CND/month (preliminary price).

Dragonminer (A1 based bitmine clone ) - $170 (preliminary price).

Any other miner - just send me a PM and we can work something out. I will of course offer discount to those who rent for longer term. I think 6 months is the longest reasonable hosting term unless you have some miner that is ridiculously efficient and want to host it for longer term. We can do anything in multiple of 3. So 3 month is the minimum term.

PM me for quote!

Setup Fee:

$50 one time fee per miner. This covers labour and various extras such as Ethernet cables, new power hookup if necessary, etc.
This fee I can waive if you signup for a 6 month hosting plan or I may just get rid of the setup fee altogether when/if I gather enough customers.

Power supply for the miner can be either provided by you or I can buy one one your behalf. I can also overclock your miner if you'd like (beware that this voids your warranty).

Monitoring and maintenance:

I will also take care of this. I will ask however that you keep an eye on your miner from the pool end and notify me via e-mail (I am very reachable) of any downtime. Setting up 1 primary pool with 2 backup pools is strongly recommended. Later on if this catches on I will hire someone to build some sort of web interface where you can manage your miner remotely (ie change pool info). However for now it's all done manually by me. This should not be a big deal as like I said the miners should be pretty much a "set and almost forget" affair.

Cooling:

Cooling is of course taken care of and included in the monthly fee.

Insurance:

I will look into the costs necessary to insure all customer gear. This may or may not affect the monthly hosting fee (should not too greatly though)

Security:

Location is securely locked and I will look into installing a CCTV and security system installed (on top of the building's existing system).

The precise location is kept private for obvious reasons. I think I can safely disclose at least the province it's located in, which happens to be Ontario.

Scrypt miners allowed?

Yes, but only ASIC based scrypt miners - such as gridseed, etc. I'm not sure what to charge for these, but it won't be that much since for example the gridseed miners consume very little power. Send me a PM with your offers and I'll consider them. I'd prefer that you host a pack of 10 if you want to host gridseed units.

I will add to this thread as further info comes along and as I progress through the business plan. Any comments, suggestions, and ideas are of course welcome, so please feel free to share.

-edit March 08 2014 - lowered preliminary prices and added hosting location info

- edit April 14 2014 - added additional details

Awesome!!!thanks for posting this kind of thread....
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: