Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:14:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Goxcoin: New project to compensate victims of Gox [ latest update 11/03/2014]  (Read 4212 times)
bitjuicy

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:08:59 PM

We have NOTHING to do with http://www.humint.is/goxcoin/ or Mandalah. We are a group of European people who have invested in the bitcoin (not especially in mtgox) and who believe in the future of Crypto. We have no connection with the team of Mtgox.

http://Http://www.humint.is/goxcoin/ apparently had a similar idea to ours and uses the same term "goxcoin". We don't know their intentions and have no relations with them.
Our project has nothing to do with them.

Perhaps you should come up with a different name than GoxCoin so people don't confuse you with the Mandalah proposal. Maybe something like UnGoxCoin?
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:12:47 PM

I lost some BTC at Gox too. This could be a nice project!
Pangia

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:20:42 PM

To the Bitcoin community:

We are a group of people who invested in Bitcoin and other crypto currencies. Some of us have lost all their coins in the collapse of the MtGox, the lucky others have not. But we all have one thing in common: our commitment and belief in this great adventure, which is the Bitcoin adventure.

We believe that an initiative should be undertaken to restore both crypto currencies’ reputation and customers’ confidence. This is why we have decided to launch a new project aiming to launch a new currency:  Goxcoin.

The purpose of Goxcoin is twofold:

On the one hand, the aim is to compensate all of the MtGox’s customers whose mistake was to leave their assets on the exchange. A part of this new money will be premined and distributed to MtGox users according to procedures to be laid down.

On the other hand, through this initiative we will demonstrate that the “Bitcoin community” truly exists. That facing large-scale problems our community knows how to react in an appropriate manner. This would be a great message to the rest of the world and would strengthen confidence in all crypto currencies.

This project is completely transparent and open to all. Whether you are a former MtGox user, developer or just a person interested by our initiative, we invite you to join us on our website: http://www.cryptos.net.

Sincerly,

The team of cryptos.net

To OP how will you compensate those that lost on GOX.

You come across as a perp who's preying on fraud victims.  The "double scam" --- scam the victim again by claiming to come to their assistance.  The shit never stops on here I swear.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Pangia

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:27:29 PM

We have NOTHING to do with http://www.humint.is/goxcoin/ or Mandalah. We are a group of European people who have invested in the bitcoin (not especially in mtgox) and who believe in the future of Crypto. We have no connection with the team of Mtgox.

http://Http://www.humint.is/goxcoin/ apparently had a similar idea to ours and uses the same term "goxcoin". We don't know their intentions and have no relations with them.
Our project has nothing to do with them.

You're either going to do a pump and dump shit coin or you're going to ask for donations and scam people. Either way it's a scam attempt.

This smells so badly like another scam.  I'll bet that the OP will be posting a BTC or alt-coin address soon to ask for donations for the project.  If not, then why post this crap post as a newbie. You're into Bitcoin, yet you've never visited this forum before. 

Why even post on here, just get the fucking project off the ground, get it working and THEN come on here and find the victims.  This shit about being nice and trying to help the GOX victims is bullshit when you haven't done cock yet regarding the project. 

Expand on how exactly you're going to give back people their money? Will it be their initial investment, the total number of BTC's lost, a partial amount of BTC's lost or the actual amount lost in the theft.

And how exactly will the process work of getting people back their money?

Who exactly are YOU? Hiding behind a screen name doesn't lend much credibility to you or your project.  You're talking about transparency; start by telling us who you are and who the "group of European people who have inveested in Bitcoin" are.

You believe in crypto so you're going to help the victims? Fuck off. You're a scammer preying on victims, of course you'll show up here sounding kind, how else will you could you try to swindle people.

Like I said FUCK OFF SCAMMER.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:27:50 PM

You come across as a perp who's preying on fraud victims who should re-think their plan?
How hard is it to do something better?

tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:30:23 PM

Name:   cryptos-net
Activity:   6
Position:   Newbie
Date Registered:   March 04, 2014, 11:53:30 AM
Last Active:   Today at 11:48:04 AM

scammers gonna scam.
Pangia

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:31:39 PM

You come across as a perp who's preying on fraud victims who should re-think their plan?
How hard is it to do something better?

Is that directed at me? I'm not understanding what you're trying to convey. I'm slow today and every other Tuesday.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
jantenner81

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

CIYAM - UI/UX design

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 11:00:28 PM

really? from one scam into next one!?  Shocked

AT - Automated Transactions
CIYAM | Developer
Pangia

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:35:08 PM

really? from one scam into next one!?  Shocked

It still occurs, but not as often as it use to in the 90's. There's a scam called the 'Pigeon Drop' scam -- usually targeting the elderly who are quick to converse on the street with a friendly face.  Long story short, perp. discreetly drops a wad of cash near a potential victim then picks it up and asks whose it is. Perp along with other members of the con team entice the victim into "splitting" the funds, but the vic will be the one to hold all of the found cash until they can confer with an attorney to see how to split the found money legally.  But the victim has to put up collateral worth a portion of the money (yes, people are that stupid) because the cons tell the vic that they need to know that they can trust him/her. They take the victim to the victim's bank or home to get cash/jewelry. Victim turns over collateral and is handed the found money to keep it safe. When victim opens the roll of hundreds, it's only a 1 hundred dollar bill with $1 dollar bills underneath or cut up newspaper. 

Now here comes the 2nd con ---- it the victim had taken money from their bank, then new, unseen members of the original con team locate the victim soon after (remember, they spoke with the victim for a long time before the con was done, so they know a lot about him/her) and claim to be members of the local police (Fraud Unit). They ask the victim to return with them to the bank and do another withdrawal because they claim that the bank teller might have been in on the original con (yes, many many many victims fall for this shit a second time, usually they are the elderly). The cons wait outside as the victim does another withdrawal and comes out and hands over the cash to the cons because they claim that they need to document the money. And you guessed it, they quickly disappear, having conned the same victim TWICE. 

You'll laugh in disbelief that people are so gullible, but yes they are. Day after day I keep seeing shit posts about how MTGOX was the victim of a bank conspiracy or a government  conspiracy against Bitcoin. They cannot see that MTGOX (Karpeles to be exact) either got in over his head and couldn't manage the exchange and fucked up everything and genuinely lost the coins or was an outright con-man that stole half a billion dollars. I'm betting that he is an outright criminal.

Like the scam I described above, we now have a new con (OP) trying to prey on the victims of MTGOX. Unfortunately, like the elderly who will go along with the scammers the 2nd time because they're claiming to want to help, some people are truly disparate and might go along with the scammer OP in hopes of trying to recoup some of their loses. 

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
DaFunkyBeats

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:25:05 AM

Sounds like a pump coin.

Agreed!  Granted, I feel bad for anyone who couldn't see the writing on the wall sooner and get out at the first (several) signs of trouble waaaay back when.  I understand that their artificially inflated price made it seem attractive... or people just plain trusted the system.  I get it.  I suffered similar losses in the real market back in 2008... so my heart goes out to anyone who had all their eggs in the failed MtGox basket.  BUT... doesn't GoxCoin go against the ONE principle that BTC tries to avoid in regards to circulation/supply/scarcity?  Don't numerous BTC enthusiasts rant on & on (and rightly so) regarding the US Fed just printing up more and more currency whenever they feel like it.  Isn't this the same thing???  MtGox users took a loss... a sad loss, yes, but they knew the risks of BTC when they signed up.  This was never presented as a "savings account."  They sought reward... took a risk... and, unfortunately, it failed.  But now that things didn't go well (similar to our economy).... they're just going to make a new currency (like the Fed printing more bills), pre-mine, and just hand it out with the guise of "helping the community"?  (Pumping artificial currency into the system NEVER helps.)
    Now, yes, I do believe the failure of MtGox was "criminal", either by outright stealing or complete and total negligence (on an epic scale)...  but you didn't see Bernie Madoff's victims at Kinkos printing out money or stock certificates!  Right?  GoxCoin just seems to undermine the philosophy that so many people seem so adamant about when it comes to BTC/cryptocurrency.  Am I wrong here??  (Please try to leave out the "oh, but we were robbed and now we're poor so we should fix that" arguments.... and consider my actual argument.)   Isn't this just the same evil that we're trying to avoid??   I still had a small portion of BTC in MtGox, but I was lucky enough to get most of it out 10-12 months ago.  I pretty much gave up after my 3rd withdrawal request and resigned to the fact that they were either lost... or they'd be sitting there in a year or two.  So what I'm saying is, it's not like I couldn't benefit from this.  I just think it fundamental goes against one of the core values for which we use & promote BTC/cryptocurrency in the first place.  If you really want to help the MtGox victims... there are better ways that don't completely undermine the values we hold so dear in regards to BTC.
  I know it's a tough pill to swallow.  I know everyone won't agree... and that's fine.  I just think there's got to be a better way.  Your thought anyone....?

PS -  Btw, if anything...  "GoxCoin"... really??  Why immortalize such a tragic episode in BTC history by naming a coin after it???  Not only will it be a constant reminder of the failure, but I can also see it confusing new users in the future... who only associate that name with failure & bad things.  We need to think about these things.  If you want the value of your BTC to increase... then we all need to work on making this mainstream and easy for the Average Joe.  Why confuse someone new to the game by naming a coin after such a debacle.  I don't think ANY of this was thought about.... NOTHING regarding the "greater good"... just a quick fix to put some money back in a few pockets.  (Artificial, worthless money, I might add.)  Sorry... but this whole idea really disturbs me.
cryptos-net (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:43:22 AM

Thank you for your comments. Remember that this is an open project. All development ideas are welcome. You can join our community on http://www.cryptos.net. More information soon...ish  Wink
cryptos-net (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:36:30 PM

@ Pangia  It's not because I never spoke on this forum that I am a scammer. I know many people involved for many years in the bitcoin who have never written a post of their lives.

If you do not believe in this project, no problem. But don't insult people who throw constructive projects.
BitOnyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 06:18:12 PM

I'm not accusing goxcoin since i have like totally no information about it.

I am afraid though, that there might be incoming scams that would prey on gox victims and would try to make even more money on it. Mt.gox will definitely be big traumatic event for bitcoin world but we need to get over it soon since world is slowly but surely developing and we need to keep moving too. Message to all of mt.gox clients - try more "traditional" way of dealing with this problem.

Message for future clients of any exchange - don't keep all money at one place, use cold wallets, move to exchange sites only coins you want to trade with.

V8x8d

Activity: 212
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:38:33 PM

I think most  gox's users have left their bitcoins on the platform for two reasons:

-To buy and sell bitcoins quickly, without transferring bitcoins on their Mtgox account.

-They thought Mtgox as historical platform was the safest place to keep their bitcoin.

You can not blame them for that ...

Leaving large sums of BTC/Fiat on unregulated exchanges is reckless. There were enough posts on this forum warning about this exchange (there are no excuses). BTC was created to be decentralised (wallet).

Come on! for years mtgox was the least worst option. It might surprise you but a lot of people new to bitcoin don't know how to create a wallet an move the btc. It does not surprise me that mtgox had so many btc left on the exchange.

The first thing I did after buying BTC/LTC was to transfer these onto external hard drives to ensure these are offline. The wallets are encrypted (60 digit passwords) and these passwords are stored safely on USB flash drives (document with passwords is also password protected [memorable long phrase]). Nobody is going to step in and help you when it all goes wrong therefore ensure you have taken every step possible. I limit my exposure to hackers by leaving as little as possible on these unregulated exchanges and keeping my wallets offline (I hate the idea of these parasites getting my money. They are scumbags, but they are not going away anytime soon). If I offered to store your Bitcoins would you accept this? If yes, I would be happy to do so.

It's never been my intention to offend anyone, however people complain on forums about losing money, however they never took reasonable attempts to mitigate the risks. It gives Bitcoin a bad reputation that it doesn't warrant. Banks willingness to refund people has given a false sense of security around money (Bitcoin is unregulated therefore there is no help when it goes wrong).
lino21

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:45:53 AM

I think it will be the main obstacle to development of crypto currencies. Wich advantage of using a currency that requires as much protection? Most people don't have the technical ability to do what it takes to get to safety.
Cryptofreak82

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:56:52 AM

To the Bitcoin community:

We are a group of people who invested in Bitcoin and other crypto currencies. Some of us have lost all their coins in the collapse of the MtGox, the lucky others have not. But we all have one thing in common: our commitment and belief in this great adventure, which is the Bitcoin adventure.

We believe that an initiative should be undertaken to restore both crypto currencies’ reputation and customers’ confidence. This is why we have decided to launch a new project aiming to launch a new currency:  Goxcoin.

The purpose of Goxcoin is twofold:

On the one hand, the aim is to compensate all of the MtGox’s customers whose mistake was to leave their assets on the exchange. A part of this new money will be premined and distributed to MtGox users according to procedures to be laid down.

On the other hand, through this initiative we will demonstrate that the “Bitcoin community” truly exists. That facing large-scale problems our community knows how to react in an appropriate manner. This would be a great message to the rest of the world and would strengthen confidence in all crypto currencies.

This project is completely transparent and open to all. Whether you are a former MtGox user, developer or just a person interested by our initiative, we invite you to join us on our website: http://www.cryptos.net.

Sincerly,

The team of cryptos.net

Have you idiots been asleep the last couple of weeks??? About 10 days ago the Ripple based currency MTGOX [GOX] was released. So this is basically a copy paste.
By the way I still have 1 million [GOX] to trade if anybody is interested?
cryptos-net (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:20:02 PM

This project has nothing to do with the pseudo-project of Gox coin on Ripple.
Pangia

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:25:09 PM

This project has nothing to do with the pseudo-project of Gox coin on Ripple.

Go fuck yourself scammer.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
lino21

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 08:55:19 AM

I think this 's a nice and constructive project but some issues seems complicated to resolve :

- How do you go to recover the database of Gox's users?
-If you have access to the database how do you go to redistribute these "goxcoins" to all Gox's users ?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: