Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:49:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [JFK Coin] | First ALT in Near Space!!! DOA | No Legal Permission  (Read 13993 times)
johnfkennedy (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:36:56 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 07:07:24 PM by johnfkennedy

Despite our sizable time & money investment, we are saddened to share that this project will not launch. We fought a long and hard battle, but respect the Kennedy Family's wishes not to use John F. Kennedy's name and image for this project.

http://i62.tinypic.com/2ihs09v.png

Symbol: JFK
Algorithm: Scrypt, Proof of Work & Proof of Stake Hybrid
Maximum Coins: 48,000,000 Maximum Coins
Block Time: 5-Minutes
Initial Block Reward: 250 JFK Coins Per Block
Block Reward Reduction: 1% Reduction Every 14 Days
Minimum Block Reward: 5 JFK Until all Coin is Mined
Proof of Stake: 2% Annual, Payments Begin after 30 Days
Block Maturity: 40 Confirmations for Block Maturity
Transaction Time: Instant with Safe 0-Confirmation Transactions
Transaction Confirmations: 5 Confirms
Difficulty Retargeting: 1-Block Difficulty Retarget
Starting Difficulty: 0.01 Starting Difficulty
Premine: 1% Transparent with Single wallet address and updates will be provided after launch. Funds used to cover marketing, development & hosting costs, and to distribute the currency to early adopters

Follow Us & Stay up to date on Twitter @JFKCoin

JFK Coin Background
Shortly before being assassinated in Texas in 1963, America’s 35th President, John F. Kennedy unsuccessfully attempted to take the power of money creation away from private banks and corporations, and to return that power back to the people.

John F. Kennedy (JFK) is universally recognized as one of the greatest leaders of the free world. He is most especially remembered for his commitment to transparency in government, leadership and forward-thinking, which led to a successful mission that literally brought the first man to the moon.

The JFK Coin was created to act as a form of a digital commemoration of John F. Kennedy’s legacy and awareness, while encouraging private space exploration and raising funds for worthy causes. Long-term, we are envisioning the JFK Coin to be purchased in retail and used in place of an admissions ticket to Museums, Libraries and other event venues.

Our team is already in touch with Museums, Private Near-Space Exploration groups and Human Space Settlement organizations. We are seeking to establish business partnerships and legal letters of support and endorsements for the project.  

We hope you will enjoy our own video tribute to JFK, where we arranged for JFK Coin’s trip to the Stratosphere, 120,000 Feet above the Earth on a professional high altitude weather balloon retrofitted with HD Cameras & GPS Trackers! Check the still frame shot from the HD Video below. The video should be released in the next several days. Note that our Web Site is under development and we’ll let you know when the video and the Web Site are ready.

Other notable JFK Coin Features
Sustainable, Power Efficient and Future-Proof
JFK Coin, unlike many other digital currencies is sustainable in the future with no miners. Both Bitcoin and Litecoin require Miners to move coins through the chain. Utilizing a hybrid approach between Proof of Work and Proof of Stake, JFK Coin relies on individuals with wallets holding coins to keep transactions moving even without PoW miners. Because of this, JFK Coin is energy efficient and sustainable. The JFK Coin’s Inflation Rate is controlled by Stake (2% annual interest payments) and the destruction of transaction fees. The coin is based on Scrypt Hashing Security, which is one of the best tried and tested security algorithms to date.  The JFK Coin is also immune from difficulty spikes caused by multipool manipulation and pool hoppers due to its single block difficulty retargeting.  

• Proof of Stake - the JFK Coin will not need to depend on miners to support it. Those seeking a long-term investment will earn 2% interest just by holding coin in their network-connected wallets.
  • Single Block Retargeting - Pool hoppers won’t leave the JFK Coin stuck with a mining difficulty problem, because JFK is designed to readjust difficulty with every block.
  • Low block reward of 250 JFK with a 1% block reward decrease every 14 days.  This protects the coin’s value and the rate of inflation.
  • A maximum coin supply of 48 Million JFK, which adds to the JFK Coin’s scarcity. The maximum coin supply may actually be lower, depending on market interest and adoption.
  • 0-Confirm / Instant Transactions are a safe option for secure JFK transactions; however for those who wish to wait, 5 network confirmations is all that is needed to confirm sensitive transactions.
  • Enhanced Security over Proof of Work-only coins. Acquiring 51% of all existing coins will require a lot more effort and resources than acquiring 51% of all mining power; therefore the security of the JFK network is improved with PoS.
  • To obtain the most up to date information about the JFK Coin’s supply, you will be able to use the “getinfo” command of the JFK Coin daemon or debug console of the Windows Wallet.

Why should the community get behind or invest in JFK Coin?
The JFK Coin is led by an ambitious and dedicated team of JFK fans, technology professionals and space enthusiasts who are currently seeking permission and endorsements from JFK-connected organizations and the Kennedy family.

Why did you pre-launch before obtaining the necessary endorsements?
We have heard rumours of someone else in the community looking to potentially release a JFK Coin and have put in too much time and money into the project to let someone else “run” with our  idea. In fact, if you were planning on working on a JFK Coin with honorable goals, please reach out to us at contact@jfkcoin.org. We are working hard to secure the necessary partnerships and legal permissions, which is why we did not specify the exact launch date. Our hope is within the next 2-3 weeks.  

It’s all about the marketing! How are you planning on marketing JFK to bring about interest and wide-spread adoption?
Several Key Steps:
1) Obtain official permission and/or endorsements from JFK-connected organizations.
2) Engage this community via Social Media networks, forums and giveaways.
3) Send the video of JFK Coin’s trip to the Stratosphere and promote the video to all JFK-connected organizations, space exploration enthusiasts and the cryptographic community.
4) Fund Private Space and Near Space Exploration Projects.
5) Develop retail partnerships to allow the JFK Coin to be used as a fund-raising and admissions ticket at participating retailers.
6) Fund Paid Marketing and P.R. Projects.
7) Get numerous JFK Fan Clubs involved via giveaways and promotions of the JFK Coin.

Bounties (made available after launch)
2,000 JFK for 1st Working BlockChain Explorer using the jfkcoin.org domain
2,000 JFK for 1st Faucet using the jfkcoin.org domain, which requires Twitter and/or Facebook Status Updates before dispensing JFK Coins
15,000 JFK for MAC Wallet Development
15,000 JFK for Android Wallet Development

We encourage established service providers, mining pools and exchanges with trading APIs to reach out to us for information relating to JFK Coin service provider bounties.  

JFK Coin Giveaways
Our giveaways will be made up of Facebook, Twitter, Reddit and other forums, details will be announced just prior to launch.  In the first three days, we will be distributing 50,000 JFK Coins.

We do encourage our bitcointalk viewers to post comments here and we will happily return to reward quality posts in the first 5 pages of this thread.

We will let everyone know as soon as we come closer to launch, about the endorsements, video, Web Site and other news!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoRollRo

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:37:20 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2014, 05:50:23 PM by CryptoRollRo

Nice!!!
I think that this will be the first coin that will get official recognition.

No more pseudo coins, with no real value.
Can't wait to mine it Cheesy
ClutchThese

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:37:44 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2014, 06:24:29 PM by ClutchThese

Sweet! I'm kind excited to see this video! The still image looks like it's in perfect HD. Smiley

Signature for Rent - PM if Interested
CryptoRollRo

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:43:50 PM

http://makeameme.org/media/created/boy-that-escalated.jpg
joshua3m

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:11:26 PM

looking interesting but would like see how many people are in dev and what they can bring new comparing to other coins out there...

mal_awer

Activity: 41

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:13:24 PM

who are the developers?
johnfkennedy (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:16:53 PM

who are the developers?

The JFK Coin founder identities will be revealed when the decision is made and official agreements are in place. We are a team of 4 currently, and will likely grow to 6.
CryptoRollRo

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:19:02 PM

I really don't care who the devs are.
I'm just sick of those panda, pand, emu, cat, kitteh, coins, every animal, every plant has a coin.
Now, we have a nordic coin, a coin for Spain, Iceland, Ukraine Smiley)

If JFK Foundation or a Museum will endorse it, or at least will accept this coin as a symbol for gratitude for John F.Kennedy --> This coin is GOLD

elixir

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:20:17 PM

if i could have made a coin this would be it. jfk the last true american president. ive been waiting for this and will definitely be mining this. is their a launch date.  Smiley

OPEC oc2E9cQ4StgaMW2a18pKuZGe5h9RZdLL9c

Non nobis solum, sed omnibus! - Franko

Ɖ ~ DSNJ49NdZM4KjLHfPSYEGWKRn7wSC4bWqi
CryptoRollRo

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:23:43 PM

Dev, what do you mean by "The First ALT Currency sent 120,000 Feet Above Earth!" ? -> from the jfkcoin.org
Because, if you really paid for a ad campaign , to have your coin on a weather balloon this means that JFK is trully the first coin that was the closest to the moon Cheesy
Bfljosh

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Skol!

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:25:18 PM

Awesome coin, but please make it scrypt-jane. No asics, lower temperatures and I can sleep better (lower fanspeed)

Also implement kgw only after let's say a few days of mining or you will get Rubycoin drama with insane diff.
johnfkennedy (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:26:28 PM

if i could have made a coin this would be it. jfk the last true american president. ive been waiting for this and will definitely be mining this. is their a launch date.  Smiley

Not yet. We could, in theory launch at anytime, but feel that this would be inappropriate until we have official copyright permissions in hand.

Thank you for the kind words. JFK is absolutely the man that should never be forgotten.

Interesting watch -- JFK's full Moon speech:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouRbkBAOGEw
AlaricI

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 06:28:54 PM

"4) Fund Space and Near Space Exploration Projects."

Sold.  I hope you get the necessary permissions because I will definitely support this project.
jcarl987

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:36:28 PM

When I clicked on this thread I was expecting just another clone coin with a famous name attached for no reason whatsoever. I'm happy to say I'm now really interested, sounds like you have some good ideas and if they come to fruition then this coin could be real success. Best of luck with it and I'll certainly be keeping an eye on developments.

CryptoRollRo

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:26:53 PM

One small step for the man one giant leap for mankind Cheesy
Willisius

Activity: 364

I'm really quite sane!

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:08:35 PM

JFK is one of my favorite presidents. I'll be watching this Smiley
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:06:45 PM

I think I'll be mining this coin a bit.
ctenc001

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 10:10:54 PM

Would there be any interest (and bounty) for a professional grade website?
I could build one from scratch in about 24 hours or less depending on requirements; it will be in css/HTML and some javascript.
For an example of my work: pmc.cryptotycoons.com
I'd supply source if requested, or host it myself at a subdomain such as the one i linked to. Alternatively the bounty could also cover the costs of a domain name and hosting space =)
I'll also include a dedicated forum for this coin
whatsabitworth

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:15:40 PM

I will be throwing my hashing power at this one. good luck  Wink

johnfkennedy (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:35:49 AM

Hi and thanks for responding. We do need original graphics for banners, Web Page headings and such. If you're good at modifying WordPress themes too, we may be able to work together. 

Would there be any interest (and bounty) for a professional grade website?
I could build one from scratch in about 24 hours or less depending on requirements; it will be in css/HTML and some javascript.
For an example of my work: pmc.cryptotycoons.com
I'd supply source if requested, or host it myself at a subdomain such as the one i linked to. Alternatively the bounty could also cover the costs of a domain name and hosting space =)
I'll also include a dedicated forum for this coin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: