Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:24:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Putin Adviser Threatens To Dump “More Than $200 Billion” In U.S. Treasury Bonds  (Read 2281 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:53:07 PM

Vladimir Putin said Tuesday that authorities would issue general advice to dump US government bonds in the event of Russian companies and individuals being targeted by sanctions over events in Ukraine.

Sergei Glazyev said the United States would be the first to suffer in the event of any sanctions regime.

“The Americans are threatening Russia with sanctions and pulling the EU into a trade and economic war with Russia,” Glazyev said. “Most of the sanctions against Russia will bring harm to the United States itself, because as far as trade relations with the United States go, we don’t depend on them in any way.”

Glazyev noted that Russia is a creditor to the United States.

“We hold a decent amount of treasury bonds – more than $200 billion – and if the United States dares to freeze accounts of Russian businesses and citizens, we can no longer view America as a reliable partner,” he said. “We will encourage everybody to dump US Treasury bonds, get rid of dollars as an unreliable currency and leave the US market.”

http://en.ria.ru/business/20140304/188081405/Putin-Adviser-Urges-Dumping-US-Bonds-In-Reaction-to-Sanctions.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time to get more bitcoins?
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:59:54 AM

They hold that much USD? Probably revenues from oil and gas.
Zickafa

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 03:59:34 PM

Who is Sergei to make such loud statements? Newer heard about him
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:58:47 PM

Who is Sergei to make such loud statements? Newer heard about him

I know all about him and his relation with Putin after 30 seconds on google.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:51:08 PM

Vladimir Putin said Tuesday that authorities would issue general advice to dump US government bonds in the event of Russian companies and individuals being targeted by sanctions over events in Ukraine.

Sergei Glazyev said the United States would be the first to suffer in the event of any sanctions regime.

“The Americans are threatening Russia with sanctions and pulling the EU into a trade and economic war with Russia,” Glazyev said. “Most of the sanctions against Russia will bring harm to the United States itself, because as far as trade relations with the United States go, we don’t depend on them in any way.”

Glazyev noted that Russia is a creditor to the United States.

“We hold a decent amount of treasury bonds – more than $200 billion – and if the United States dares to freeze accounts of Russian businesses and citizens, we can no longer view America as a reliable partner,” he said. “We will encourage everybody to dump US Treasury bonds, get rid of dollars as an unreliable currency and leave the US market.”

http://en.ria.ru/business/20140304/188081405/Putin-Adviser-Urges-Dumping-US-Bonds-In-Reaction-to-Sanctions.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time to get more bitcoins?
I have no problem with that statement by Putin.  Freeze accounts of Russian citizens?  Should we do that for the faults of their government or for political reasons?
greenalliancegroup

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:35:28 PM

The problem with Putin ideology is that he won't just hurt US, but Russia itself. 200 Billion. It will tank other economies like the Chinese. The Chinese won't be happy at that point. Let face it, we are all interconnected now. No matter its rubbles, USD, or the RMB. We are all interconnected and have too much to lose.

Russia needs to sell that oil and gas. What are you going to do with stock pile of it? for what? The United States has enough reserves to last them more than Putin's lifetime. So then what?

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3098

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 09:40:00 PM

The United States has enough reserves to last them more than Putin's lifetime. So then what?

I would challenge that statement.  Unless you consider what Canada sells you as "reserve"?

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
practicaldreamer

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:58:04 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 11:37:41 PM by practicaldreamer

Putin is 5" 5 - he would have had no chance of being a US president - the average US president is 6"1  Huh WTF

Re. US hot air being exhaled on the Ukraine nationalist vs Russia situation - 2 countries have been conspicuous by their absence in the current dialogue/narrative.

1) China
                    2) Germany

Wink

But still the US (Kerry) wants to preach to the Russians about their intervening in a border nation (that was historically Russian territory) whilst itself (the US that is)  occupying directly both Iraq and Afghanistan and indirectly occupying many others - and covertly even more still.

The hypocrisy of it is staggering.

I hope Putin doesn't convince the Chinese to adopt a new reserve currency (and so to dump the $) - cos if that happens the US will crumble from within  Wink

You heard it here first folks.
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:20:15 AM

Putin is 5" 5 - he would have had no chance of being a US president - the average US president is 6"1  Huh WTF

Re. US hot air being exhaled on the Ukraine nationalist vs Russia situation - 2 countries have been conspicuous by their absence in the current dialogue/narrative.

1) China
                    2) Germany

Wink

But still the US (Kerry) wants to preach to the Russians about their intervening in a border nation (that was historically Russian territory) whilst itself (the US that is)  occupying directly both Iraq and Afghanistan and indirectly occupying many others - and covertly even more still.

The hypocrisy of it is staggering.

I hope Putin doesn't convince the Chinese to adopt a new reserve currency (and so to dump the $) - cos if that happens the US will crumble from within  Wink

You heard it here first folks.

Nah, I heard it before now Wink

If Russia dumps US bonds and collapses the US dollar then the people of this country won't need much more of a reason to approve or support WW3...

The scary part is that WW3 is planned. We're rushing towards WW3; they want it so badly it's scary.

The actions speak louder than words and this country has been acting as a nation seeking conflict...

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
greenalliancegroup

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:05:49 AM

The United States has enough reserves to last them more than Putin's lifetime. So then what?

I would challenge that statement.  Unless you consider what Canada sells you as "reserve"?

Yeah I consider Canada as the reserve. Canadians are the life line of oil,natural gas, and water. Although if we include Fracking. The US can always keep its head above water. Also we have saudis.

US needs clean energy. I heard the fusion technology is going to be the next step.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:45:42 AM

1) China
                    2) Germany

China depends on Russian oil, while Germany has a dependency on Russian gas. 'nuff said.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:44:26 AM

The problem with Putin ideology is that he won't just hurt US, but Russia itself. 200 Billion. It will tank other economies like the Chinese. The Chinese won't be happy at that point. Let face it, we are all interconnected now. No matter its rubbles, USD, or the RMB. We are all interconnected and have too much to lose.

Russia needs to sell that oil and gas. What are you going to do with stock pile of it? for what? The United States has enough reserves to last them more than Putin's lifetime. So then what?

Use bitcoins?  Wink
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3098

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 07:56:47 AM

Yeah I consider Canada as the reserve. Canadians are the life line of oil,natural gas, and water. Although if we include Fracking. The US can always keep its head above water. Also we have saudis.

US needs clean energy. I heard the fusion technology is going to be the next step.

That almost sounds like you are saying "Canada is our bitch".   Tongue

I agree with you about fusion.  Achieving that will almost free us from oil.  I say almost because we have such a large dependency on plastics, made from oil.  Sad

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
greenalliancegroup

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:13:15 AM

That almost sounds like you are saying "Canada is our bitch".   Tongue

I agree with you about fusion.  Achieving that will almost free us from oil.  I say almost because we have such a large dependency on plastics, made from oil.  Sad

I never said that, "Canada is USA's bitch." YOU SAID THAT. Canada is its own beast. How you doing A? lol
On serious note. Canada is driving force in energy for North America.

Fusion is the way to go. A lot safer and cheaper.

iamahappyminer

Activity: 111

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:52:15 PM

Use bitcoins?  Wink

Well, that would be a happy end for our community but I doubt Putin will except Bitcoin. It is illegal in Russia and seems to be illegal for a long time
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:59:35 PM

Use bitcoins?  Wink

Well, that would be a happy end for our community but I doubt Putin will except Bitcoin. It is illegal in Russia and seems to be illegal for a long time

Yes. The whole community knows the about Russia "banning" bitcoin.
practicaldreamer

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:12:04 PM

If Russia dumps US bonds and collapses the US dollar then the people of this country won't need much more of a reason to approve or support WW3...

The scary part is that WW3 is planned. We're rushing towards WW3; they want it so badly it's scary.

There can be no WW3 - just ongoing localised wars based on geopolitics and natural resources - its happening already.

China depends on Russian oil, while Germany has a dependency on Russian gas. 'nuff said.

Yes - most of Europe is dependant (to a greater or lesser extent) for its gas on Russia. The EU doesn't really have an appetite for a fight with Russia - shit, even Michael Heseltine (UK conservative) spoke a lot of sense last night on Question Time re. relations with Russia.

No - the US is becoming increasingly isolated [when even your longest serving bitch (i.e..the UK) is no longer willing to play the game (Syria ?)] - and the dollar is becoming increasingly weak/not worth the paper its printed on.

It won't end well.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:46:45 AM

I'm getting scared now, do we really have to live through this?

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:40:06 AM

Another important fact....

UK / EU companies such as Shell has invested tens of billions of USD in to Russian oil and CNG projects (such as the ones in Sakhalin, Nord Stream, Shtokman.etc). EU companies have also invested gigantic amounts elsewhere, especially in Steel and Agriculture.

If the EU joins in the US embargo, then they can say goodbye to all those investments.  Grin
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:54:18 AM

Another important fact....

UK / EU companies such as Shell has invested tens of billions of USD in to Russian oil and CNG projects (such as the ones in Sakhalin, Nord Stream, Shtokman.etc). EU companies have also invested gigantic amounts elsewhere, especially in Steel and Agriculture.

If the EU joins in the US embargo, then they can say goodbye to all those investments.  Grin

Investment and trade is supposed to encourage peace, so I hope that works this time. 

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: