Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:08:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Downsides to crypto  (Read 3245 times)
hachiman13

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:39:46 PM

If and when cryptocurrency and/or bitcoin becomes the official currency of the world, do you think there will be a downside to it? If so, what do you think the negative effect will be once cryptocurrency becomes a worldwide currency?
All things have downsides, but it all matters to how heavier the benefits are. Bitcoin for example, if it were to become a worldwide currency, governments would have a hard time to tax people who operate business though crypto. The reason being their concept being opposite to each other--a centralized entitiy wanting to control a decentralized entity.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suzanne5223

Activity: 2604
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 01:49:18 PM

If and when cryptocurrency and/or bitcoin becomes the official currency of the world, do you think there will be a downside to it? If so, what do you think the negative effect will be once cryptocurrency becomes a worldwide currency?
All things have downsides, but it all matters to how heavier the benefits are. Bitcoin for example, if it were to become a worldwide currency, governments would have a hard time to tax people who operate business though crypto. The reason being their concept being opposite to each other--a centralized entitiy wanting to control a decentralized entity.
Well, I don't see that as the downside of bitcoin because it is still easy for the government to  collect tax because what will do is create a vat for every cryptocurrency exchange just like how hotel, flight agency does. However, the only downside I see in bitcoin if it go mainstream is transaction cause the amount if transaction which the bitcoin network can treated per second is too small. Therefore, transaction,no physical touch(cause people who don't have internet access can not join crypto community) and tx fee are the downside of all crypto

rapsa2018

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 02:05:13 PM

Bitcoin is legally located here in our area and is acceptable to our country because many banks also accept bitcoin so we can take care of it well.
Scavagers

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 02:16:56 PM

If it become a worldwide currency and it has replaced fiat, the downside would be its volatility. Bitcoin's price is frequently changing at it hurts a lot of user. One negative aspect is that it only runs through the use of technology and internet so it is prone to technological failures.
Raggie

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 04:11:54 PM

And what kind of downside do you mean? If bitcoin become the world currency, then crypto wont go downside.
The negative effect of it maybe on the fiat currency. Peoples will less to use fiat if they already easy to using bitcoin as a world currency.
Albert211994

Activity: 148
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 04:57:58 PM

Well, I don't see that as the downside of bitcoin because it is still easy for the government to  collect tax because what will do is create a vat for every cryptocurrency exchange just like how hotel, flight agency does. However, the only downside I see in bitcoin if it go mainstream is transaction cause the amount if transaction which the bitcoin network can treated per second is too small. Therefore, transaction,no physical touch(cause people who don't have internet access can not join crypto community) and tx fee are the downside of all crypto

I do not think there will still be a need for exchanges if cryptocurrency is globally accepted already. We only use exchanges for now because we need to convert crypto to fiat in order to spend them. I think it will be an advantage for tax evaders to use crypto because it is harder for government to monitor and track crypto.
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:23:59 PM

I think there is no loss, it's just that Bitcoin will have a fixed and stable value. because currently one of the main problems to reach the world currency is that bitcoin has no stable value and tends to manipulation and speculation. so most countries are reviewing this. Will it be the world currency? I am still pessimistic, but I am optimistic if bitcoin will become a vehicle for transactions for world fiat currencies.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 12:13:36 PM

We all know that the craze of these crypto currencies are increasing among people day by day and therefore now there are millions of people around the world who are investing into bitcoin as they find it more profitable and the most beneficial investment of all the available one and in present times they only are the part of investment and once it will get centralised world wide, it will further open many job opportunities and will prove very beneficial for the entire world.
Cindykhato

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 12:19:03 PM

Sorry it seems not possible for any crypto to be official currency of the whole world as we know that not all countries has supports on crypto. Different country has different economy it's difficult to balance the economic growth for the whole world that reflects our cultures.
Stavvay

Activity: 123

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 12:20:05 PM

There could always be a downside. But it will still have far more upsides or advantages.

Very true, as is anything within the financial industry.
However, there is a token trying to change and re-form the payments system though. Have you checked out PumaPay? Their telegram is a lively discussion about all things crypto and blockchain related. https://t.me/PumaPay
jygsaw

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 05:39:17 PM

The main feature of cryptocurrency is that it is anonymous, technically digital money transfers will be difficult to track compared to cash transfers or banks, this will make illegal transactions more prevalent and even more difficult for authorities to handle and investigate illegal transactions.
PM.coins

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 05:51:48 PM

so far I have not thought about the loss when bitcoin or cryptocurrency is the official currency. I think more about being accepted in all countries, now the problem is that not all countries accept it. because in general bitcoin is decentralized or cannot be controlled by any party. and tends to digital assets.
cryptolandlords

Activity: 96

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:27:04 PM

The only negative part of cryptocurrency that exist was inability of crypto to have a support term that can reverse any cryptocurrency that is mistaken send to a wrong wallet address or hacked token. The way  blockchain technology is improving provision will be made to solve that problem.
SventraPapere

Activity: 410

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:43:27 PM

I am afraid that the only and the main drawback of this wonderful event will be that the population has not had time to understand and master the blockchain will remain far behind.The concepts of the lower and middle classes will be completely erased.To avoid this, it is necessary now to begin to educate people on this issue and connect new users.

imusify    Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform    Presale starts March 1
Discord Product Demo O3 Wallet  ::  Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper    ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN    Explainer Video
swifer

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:37:40 PM

The value of bitcoin today is very unstable which holds it very risky at times when you expect a return of good cryptocurrencies not for you because the price shifts every minute.
RussCryptoBull

Activity: 139

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 09:21:04 PM

Uptill now I can still remember what granma use to say,  WHAT GOES UP  SURLY COME DOWN,  the rule of velocity must apply,  cryptocurrency goes up and down and that makes it more interesting
ajdaj

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 10:38:08 PM

Uptill now I can still remember what granma use to say,  WHAT GOES UP  SURLY COME DOWN,  the rule of velocity must apply,  cryptocurrency goes up and down and that makes it more interesting
perhaps a crypto currency and is an interesting moment of the fall of the crypto-currency market, but the person who invested his funds in late 2017 thinks quite differently.
evichi

Activity: 1176
Merit: 7

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 11:26:13 PM

The major downside, in my opinion, is high volatility of cryptocurrency. Another dowside is the usage in terms of technology and awareness. We are optimistic that cryptocurrency will create impact as a currency in the world.

▬▬▬▬[ CHAIN JOES || THE FUTURE OF WEB3 GAMING  ]▬▬▬▬▬
CHAINJOES.COM
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 11:28:58 PM

I think it's not the rule of velocity but rather the law of gravity, what goes up will surely come down. But nonetheless, cryptocurrency is not gravity driven. It exists in a digital world where it defied different laws of expectations.

Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are purpose driven with utilization and value at its core. Truly, it sounds like a big let down when the price plummet from $20K to $5K, and a lot bleeded for this reason, yet i personally think the a bitcoin at $5K is still very valuable and still holds a great potential for profit.
Suharti12

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 11:43:35 PM

if crypto becomes the world currency it will be very good and there may also be negative effects, and I think the negative effect of that is due to the inaccessibility of the interior with the internet, which creates an understanding of the crypto world.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: