Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:57:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is decentralization the answer to the flaws of democracy?  (Read 365 times)
AlexTF.CCN (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:28:50 PM

Is decentralization the answer to the flaws of democracy?: https://cryptocoin.news/analysis/watch-out-democracy-decentralization-is-coming-for-you-19778/

Could be, if used right.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Laxus215

Activity: 244
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 06:10:20 PM

In my opinion decentralisation is good for democracy as it will give option to the peoples to express their opinions. In today's democracy it's easier to corrupt media's to do some work in some specific interested parties to divert minds of peoples by spreading wrong content and lies in the peoples. Due to which they become confused. I think DNN can solve this issue when their platform will be adopted by peoples widely.

Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:17:55 PM

This article brings some important points about voting in a democratic society. I like the idea of using the blockchain in voting. There are two parts to the subject of this article. Voting as it is today is indeed flawed, and something should be done to improve it. Totally agreed, and the propositions are reasonable. You could stake coins in a blockchain to sort of get more voting rights. But just combine voting with blockchain technologies and nothing more than that could make the whole process more effective and fair.
Sylvial

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:25:56 PM

Voting as it is today is grossly flawed. The value proposition for decentralization to fix this flaw is welcome development. This is because, the current democracy as it is being practiced, is fill with a lot of deceit and corruption, especially in the voting process which is totally free and devoid of manipulation. Decentralization will definitely be the solution as it will be difficult to change the results in all the blocks
KryptoKai

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:41:46 PM

In countries where you know that voting is rigged you need decentralisation to solve it. Democracy where you can vote for anyone but risk getting your limbs cut off of you tick the wrong box is not much of a democracy. Crypto will fuel the new movement where control is taken away from the corruption officials and everything is transparent

andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:56:43 PM

Is decentralization the answer to the flaws of democracy?: https://cryptocoin.news/analysis/watch-out-democracy-decentralization-is-coming-for-you-19778/

Could be, if used right.

Decentralization is the answer to avoid the abuse of those with power, democracy is only an excuse, we do not live in a democratic society, you may think we do but that is false, that is why the same people get elected over and over again, bitcoin is a protection against those people that think that they can do whatever they want with the country and their citizens.
Gralph

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:52:38 PM

Absolutely yes, this is because democracy has to do with representation of a group of people which often times, leaders wouldn't be able to represent the true need's, interest or will of the people,

Whereas, decentralization in the blockchain technology, the act of standing as a middle man is totally abrogated. This is because the  blockchain;  stipulates a decentralized ledger that deals with the inflow and outflow of transactions, devoid intermediaries.

Therefore, this is the advantage of a decentralised system over democracy.
chokomenia

Activity: 364

take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 11:43:03 PM

Could be, if used right.

Yeah I agree with you, decentralized system will really solve all the flaws of the democracy because everything will be transparent and free from the manipulation been witnessed with the system currently

KS03

Activity: 330
Merit: 101

Hi I'm KS03

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:05:22 AM

It seems like the governments are all to willing to let crypto have it's day in the sun.  Anyone else feel like they are springing a trap on us.  If we have decentralized money and voting the power structure is getting way out of wack.  Can't wait to see how this plays out.

══════‎ஐ═ ஐOUTOFTHECLOUD.COM GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDஐ═ ஐ══════
═══════╣PRESALE starts on August 10ICO starts on September 10╠═══════
══════‎ஐ═‎ஐFACEBOOK  TWITTER[/color]  GITHUB  TELEGRAM  YOUTUBE  MEDIUMஐ═ஐ══════[/table]
pageraji

Activity: 966
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:10:47 AM

decentralization in finance it would be like jungle, the strong one like whales controling market,,blockchain and decentralization now change the world for revolution in financial.
i7claufe

Activity: 378
Merit: 42

AhrvoDEEX FUTURE OF BROKERAGE TRANSACTIONS

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:11:04 AM

Yes, it truely is. But the question is, What is the answer to the flaws of decentralization? Regulation? Then regulation itself has some flaws. Truth is we keep seeking answers to questions that would only lead to a different question.

Chesterjems

Activity: 75

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:18:18 AM

I think yes, decentralization can solve so many problems and it can be real the crypto's replacing economics in many countries in the bright  future. I can not understand when and who will it be but I am sure that it will be absolutely. Maybe for the next 5 years or quite later.
melvingay34

Activity: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 09:42:49 AM

Hopefully it is in the future. I don't think it would work yet though, as soon as someone gets scammed they want government agencies to get involved.
Cryptoguru274

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 10:00:30 AM

Could be, if used right.

The power of decentralization  cannot be overemphasized,democracy is supposed to be government of the people by the people which is a form of decentralization from the center, however many government have abused this privilege, however if this is corrected could solve the problems of democracy in the world.

ND_INVEST

Activity: 102
Merit: 3

Purchase real estate and cars at discounted prices

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 10:02:38 AM

This article brings some important points about voting in a democratic society. I like the idea of using the blockchain in voting. There are two parts to the subject of this article. Voting as it is today is indeed flawed, and something should be done to improve it. Totally agreed, and the propositions are reasonable. You could stake coins in a blockchain to sort of get more voting rights. But just combine voting with blockchain technologies and nothing more than that could make the whole process more effective and fair.
Blockchain allows to make sure that no votes of those inactive are 'used' for them and the info voting data is not faked. It is a really nice idea, but blockchain is a partner of democracy in other aspects as well. Decentralization means that there is no vertical hierarchy and while people are playing different parts in the life of society, they all matter equally. Blockchain could be used for managing any kind of data, really. People could be writing laws together with chains being articles from them. Every thought would be encounted, since nothing can be deleted from it. And yet I think that for current society it's a really bad idea. Unfortunately, most of people are easily manipulated by media, poorly educated and lack the acknowledgement of some basic principles of human rights. If we really want democracy, every person should be rational and well-educated, so that the decisions are not made in splashes of emotions. Honest, clever and ethical people are always the minority and if democracy wins, they will be mobbed by the huge aggressive cruel masses. I am not saying it's a good thing that we live in a society like that. But IMO only people meeting certain ethical and educational requirements should be allowed to make decisions. It would be great if everyone was like that. In this case we would have a true democracy, where blockchain would come in very handy.
Binugon

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 11:25:56 AM

Could be, if used right.

The implementation of decentralization is not separated as a form of democratic principles, one of which is the participation and authority of each party
MariaSerebrennikova

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 11:28:46 AM

I think that decentralization is very good for democracy and is able to solve all its existing problems, so I am happy to support the idea of decentralization and believe that this system is our bright future, which is able to solve many existing problems!
paulscathedral

Activity: 1036

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 12:18:16 PM

Yes, absolutely. Now we depend on the centralized apparatus, which has been used for decades to dictate the conditions for life. If for Europe it is less critical, for my native country it is simply fatal. We are tired of living as we are forced to. Cryptocurrency and blockchain are our hope.
AlexTF.CCN (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:14:24 PM

It could do wonders in countries were corruption rules... Venezuela for instance, if you could get the voting system to work without manipulating it, that could be amazing.
kipozer

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:23:44 PM

If people could really take seriously all the new technologies and could really understand without a bad thought that the crypto-currencies and technology blockchain is really a way out of the situation, then I think that people would live much better.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: