Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:43:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why exchange want to bank details for kyc???  (Read 1877 times)
evdoksi

Activity: 100
Merit: 24

GPTCash Weekly Airdrop: https://discord.gg/DPgHv6X

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:43:49 AM

I also think that giving the identity and attaching a service invoice with our name and address would have to be sufficient if we only exchanged cryptocurrencies. If the exchange proposes to change with Fiat money in that case for those who want it, it is essential to have to verify your bank account if you intend to pass funds from fiat to crypto or from crypto to fiat. In any case it has to be an option and not an obligation according to my point of view because if you intend to pass to fiat, you will have to provide your bank details anyway.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:06:49 PM

They are probably trying to make sure people is verified correctly, instead of just people who buy ID scans - Passports scans online.

I'm not sure how effective this is going to be since they could pay someone to do that for them also. It would be more annoying but still is possible to bypass that one. Especially if are paying people to do it.

The surprising part is that they don't even have to offer too much money and they normally have a lot of people begging to do it.
Renu kapoor

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 01:12:16 PM

It is just for safe transactions, if you withdraw or deposit your funds direct in banks then this is an urgent requirement otherwise for general dealing there is no need of KYC, actually it is only a verification by the customer for his account.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:18:29 PM

Hello every one please post your valuable suggest, why an exchange required  bank account details to complicate their user verifying, are is it legal for crypto market , generally we give passports, or national I’d card to verify exchange account . I see some one exchange require bank details to verifying their user account. Please everyone give suggestion about this.  Thanks everyone

actually you can read it in exchange why it requires to fill in the data on ownership. there are various factors that cause this to happen. one of them is to prevent money laundering. I suggest that if you want to know about crypto and bitcoin, you can search reading sources before asking questions.
robaya

Activity: 348
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:21:34 PM

It is just for safe transactions, if you withdraw or deposit your funds direct in banks then this is an urgent requirement otherwise for general dealing there is no need of KYC, actually it is only a verification by the customer for his account.
Well, all of that is only for official account statements. like a bank that needs all our data in full, I think the exchange will also ask for such kyc. there is nothing to worry about, everything will be fine, so far there is no crime that uses the personal data we use to fill kyc.
cardoyasilad

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:25:46 PM

Which exchange is that? Please share so we are aware to trade there bank details is not necessary to do KYC, identification card is the most common

Sr. Member / Hero Member / Legendary:

dClinic.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
. A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain .
| Twitter | LinkedIn | Medium | Facebook | Bitcointalk | Reddit

skovbitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:27:10 PM

Hello every one please post your valuable suggest, why an exchange required  bank account details to complicate their user verifying, are is it legal for crypto market , generally we give passports, or national I’d card to verify exchange account . I see some one exchange require bank details to verifying their user account. Please everyone give suggestion about this.  Thanks everyone

Many people are repelled by the KYC procedure, including me. I do not want to give my data to anyone. The only solution to this problem is the use of decentralized exchanges
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 02:52:22 PM

That's too dangerous in my opinion if they really require bank details. I do not know of any exchange that require you to submit bank details. Only government issued id's and utility bills.
darewaller

Activity: 2814
Merit: 634

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 10:27:46 AM

Which exchanger are you talking about, because each one of them is likely to have a different reason for requesting for users bank details. But I think the only time you should ask for your bank details is when you want to withdraw your money from the exchanger.

By the way you need to be very careful on the information your give out these days because it’s very risky, they can steal your information and sell it on the dark web.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 10:46:55 AM

most exchange that do KYC are centralized and subject to be prosecuted if charge for break AML because they hold license that originate from a particular country which give them freedom to carryout their business. KYC is very important for them because they do not have control in determine or knowing the nature of the asset being deposited to the platform by the users but in case the matter arise that a user deposited a stolen asset then they have opportunity to reveal the true identity of the culprit.
Rati24

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 11:11:44 AM

It is not very good that they do so, but then if you can be judged with them. They are required to keep these documents and not to pass it on to anyone. Though still can transfer if you press for example a tax or a commission on securities. The future is likely to be decentralized exchanges in which kyc is not required if the government tightens the laws on crypto-currencies and blockchain.
olsyd

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 11:30:38 AM

The best way for a newbie is to follow experienced bounty hunters, you can find a lot of them on the forum. And please do not multiply existing topics, you are not the first one who asks such a question, use forum search
dimonarka

Activity: 994

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 11:43:15 AM

Because this is their security guarantee. Scammers are now a huge number and a lot of forged documents. And the passage of verification confirms the identity
cryptosmoker

Activity: 581

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 04:09:42 PM

Because this is their security guarantee. Scammers are now a huge number and a lot of forged documents. And the passage of verification confirms the identity

Yeah, I agree with you. Now, there are many scammers in crypto industry, maybe that's the main reason for the team to do that. Besides that, I think the team of the project wants to anticipate any money laundering activities. So, it's just for the security reason actually.
vicvicto17

Activity: 362
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 04:16:23 PM

I think governments wants to see if you earn alot of money on cryptos that's why the charge some exchanges and taking a huge taxes. For me KYC is not good even if you had a huge amount money. We don't want government control us. I'm sure people in crypto space wants to have a decentralize exchange.
Haynes

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 01:48:57 PM

Because this is necessary with all your transactions through the bank. It aims to verify your identity and will assist you in the event of a problem. This safeguards you and that is also the law of transactions through the bank
If for cryptocurrency it is not necessary to KYC because KYC is damaging the image of the cryptocurrency that is Anonym.
Maybe if we are in contact with a conventional bank then we also need to for KYC (maybe for some people).
makerst

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 01:56:31 PM

Probably it is connected with the regulation of the SEC, I think that it will definitely be connected with the SEC, because it is from them that this requirement comes and they integrated it, how do you think this complicated the work of ICO? I think that most of the problem is still a scam project.
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:29:32 PM

I think the information contained in my you know your customer details should suffice for any accreditation  and confirmation of your identity. Asking for bank details is way above the regular requirements for trading  cryptocurrency.

Gioia

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:41:40 PM

I think even if most of us who invest in cryptocurrency the important is anonymity, for big transaction I think is more secure to us since there are a lot of scammers that can even fake documents. KYC aims to verify your identity and will assist you in the event of a problem. This safeguards you and that is also the law of transactions through the bank.
The only moment that they can ask your bank details is when you want to withdraw, it's strange if the exchange ask this information initially except if you want to buy through your bank.

------ MIUSU, a new but different state-of-art blockchain ------
Twitter | Telegram | Facebook | Instagram | Medium | Website  

Never miss FREE Token ---- SOON ----
Stay informed about next steps, get exclusive news & tell your ideas!

ityandsyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:46:03 PM

Usually I use national Identification card for kyc requirement just to claim my reward tokens but bank accounts are too much and it looks like a malicious intention .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: