Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:07:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-09-04] Roger Ver and Jimmy Song to Debate Bitcoin on Blockchain Cruise  (Read 465 times)
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 12:59:38 AM

Here's how you win against Roger Ver -- you watch his previous "debates" and list out his talking points.

He sticks to the same ones, regardless of where the actual topic starts.

He also is technically incompetent, so if you point out a flaw and he can't counter - instant points to you. The moment Ver is losing however, he usually reverts to the "Hallowed satoshi paper" as his defense. Its simplistic ideological smokescreen to get out of tight spots.

So in short, if you slam him with technical reasons, he doesn't have a leg to stand on -- and I'm talking more than just the usual mantra he spouts about "big blocks are better".

For instance, abstracting any of these arguments would absolutely floor him -- https://medium.com/@melik_87377/lightning-network-enables-unicast-transactions-in-bitcoin-lightning-is-bitcoins-tcp-ip-stack-8ec1d42c14f5

Or any of the scaling points made here -- (title says Ethereum but it also matters to Bcash) -- https://hackernoon.com/the-ethereum-blockchain-size-has-exceeded-1tb-and-yes-its-an-issue-2b650b5f4f62

But I doubt anyone will prepare enough to take Roger Ver down, only because his own incompetence and idiocy is doing it for us. Being surrounded by a pack of liars and con-men have become a greater liability than Ver realized, and the outcome is hilarious.

The only way to win versus a liar and a sociopath is to ignore them. I am not certain why Jimmy Song wanted to waste his time and give Roger some media exposure by engaging to this challenge.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AltEvangelist

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:19:51 PM

Sorry, but I have no bad intention or anything in mind doing this thread or that I'm promoting domain bitcoin.com. I'm not an advocate and/or promoter of Roger Ver, nor do I know him. Who am I to interfere with what he wants to do? I just post news about the debate because it's related to Bitcoin, and so I think it is worthy of the discussion and needs to be discussed. However, if the mod tells me that this is a violation of the rules, or news/articles that come from news.bitcoin.com are not allowed outright I will delete this thread, and all the posts I made about that news outlet.

Putting the link behind a "here" makes your action suspect even though that may not have been your intention in the first place. Best to avoid Ver's website since it is not appreciated in the forum. I also wasn't aware of this earlier until I saw that someone reported you for another post (about the Korean province replacing fiat with crypto). There's lots of alternate sources where you can find the same news as well. Better to use those.

Cool piece of news though. Wonder how Ver will be able to hold ground to Jimmy Song technically. Looking forward to the debate on Monday.
AltEvangelist

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 09:58:18 PM
Merited by BitHodler (1)

Alright. Here's the link to the full debate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKM6DlaRpYo

Just see the first 5 minutes of the video and how Ver keeps trying to disrupt Jimmy Song. SMH. Honestly, it's disappointing that Ver can't even have a civil discussion with someone. He's just straight out aggressive from the start for no reason while Jimmy tries to be level-headed with him.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 11:32:06 PM

Alright. Here's the link to the full debate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKM6DlaRpYo

Just see the first 5 minutes of the video and how Ver keeps trying to disrupt Jimmy Song. SMH. Honestly, it's disappointing that Ver can't even have a civil discussion with someone. He's just straight out aggressive from the start for no reason while Jimmy tries to be level-headed with him.
I wish I was there. I have no patience for these silly con artists. I would have gladly walked on that stage and punched Roger as hard as I can to knock him out. He really deserves that for various reasons.

The time where people are nice to Roger should be over. It really does surprise me how everyone can stay calm like that while it boils my blood just by watching how Roger is acting like an idiot.

There is no way for anyone to have a normal debate with him how hes trying to whore himself on camera for attention. Poor Jimmy Song. I wish he had more balls and arrogance, both aspects you need against Roger.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
AltEvangelist

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:04:11 AM

I wish I was there. I have no patience for these silly con artists. I would have gladly walked on that stage and punched Roger as hard as I can to knock him out. He really deserves that for various reasons.

The time where people are nice to Roger should be over. It really does surprise me how everyone can stay calm like that while it boils my blood just by watching how Roger is acting like an idiot.

There is no way for anyone to have a normal debate with him how hes trying to whore himself on camera for attention. Poor Jimmy Song. I wish he had more balls and arrogance, both aspects you need against Roger.

Worst part was that Roger Ver obviously brought trolls along with him who kept on taunting Jimmy Song throughout the "debate". Good on the guy who called Ver out for misbehaving on stage. After the first 10 minutes of Jimmy's detailed monologue where he laid down arguments in favor of BTC over BCH, Ver's 30 second reply was "I challenge you to 1 million dollars" to loud cheers from his jock army. No other points of rebuttal. Haha! What was that?

Wouldn't be surprised if Jimmy does not agree to a debate with Ver ever again. Because this was not a debate. It was 45 uneasy minutes of a bully trying to silence a knowledgable opponent with cheap shots. This was really uncomfortable to watch.

(And thanks for the Merit  Smiley )
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 05:59:27 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if Jimmy does not agree to a debate with Ver ever again. Because this was not a debate.
It's actually better that no one debates Roger again, because let's be honest, we know all his points;

# Bitcoin is electronic peer to peer cash as described by the very title of the whitepaper.
# Bitcoin Core is slow, expensive and unreliable.
# What was the last time you conducted a Bitcoin transaction.
# The Bitcoin Core people don't think Bitcoin should be used as cash for the entire world.
# Posts of mine and Coinbase CEO are getting deleted from Reddit.

It's the same nonsense he has been rehashing for about ten months straight. Notice how more and more people are starting to get annoyed by him on social media. He has no clue about how he's making a dick out of himself, and it's pretty amusing. His relationship with Craig has cooled off to the point where he refers to Craig's side as nChain people. Cheesy

This was really uncomfortable to watch.
Very. I must say that Jimmy did well enough. I found Roger to be the poor performer actually.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 768

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:18:26 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if Jimmy does not agree to a debate with Ver ever again. Because this was not a debate.
It's actually better that no one debates Roger again, because let's be honest, we know all his points;

# Bitcoin is electronic peer to peer cash as described by the very title of the whitepaper.
# Bitcoin Core is slow, expensive and unreliable.
# What was the last time you conducted a Bitcoin transaction.
# The Bitcoin Core people don't think Bitcoin should be used as cash for the entire world.
# Posts of mine and Coinbase CEO are getting deleted from Reddit.

It's the same nonsense he has been rehashing for about ten months straight. Notice how more and more people are starting to get annoyed by him on social media. He has no clue about how he's making a dick out of himself, and it's pretty amusing. His relationship with Craig has cooled off to the point where he refers to Craig's side as nChain people. Cheesy

This was really uncomfortable to watch.
Very. I must say that Jimmy did well enough. I found Roger to be the poor performer actually.
Those points are already common and for those people who do usually read or head about those things can really able to point out that this thing is pure nonsense to be done with other debater.
If i were Jimmy i wouldnt waste up my time with that guy same as bbc.reporter said above.The thing we can do is to ignore this shit dude no matter how those lies be pushed but still the community knows best
and he do just making himself look dumb.

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:59:51 PM

Thanks for this. I'll watch it on the way to work tomorrow. Not gonna be the same as being on that cruise round the med though  Grin.

C'mon dude. Really? Violence isn't acceptable for someone you merely dislike, even Roger Ver. Let's not be an internet tough guy because we both know you wouldn't have done this. I'm sure there are plenty of other places he'll be at in the near future if you really wanted to give him a piece of your mind.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:09:19 PM

C'mon dude. Really? Violence isn't acceptable for someone you merely dislike, even Roger Ver. Let's not be an internet tough guy because we both know you wouldn't have done this. I'm sure there are plenty of other places he'll be at in the near future if you really wanted to give him a piece of your mind.
You're right. It was really the moment of frustration that got me winded up due to what he did at the very beginning. Violence is never a solution to anything, but I'm pretty certain that I would have thrown the a-hole word.

The only person who stood up to him as mentioned before in this thread is Richard Heart, but the discussion between them is pretty dated. I watched it entirely today and there are some interesting points that Roger couldn't refute.

If anyone is interested, here is the link to that discussion. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkbSrmsYJ9c

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 12:47:07 AM

That debate was very embarassing. But more embarassing for Jimmy Song. Why did he let himself be pulled down to that level?

Also, if they wanted a proper debate then there should be a moderator. My candidate for that would be Vitalik hehehe.

@TraderTimm. Did you watch it?

.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:30:25 PM

Also, if they wanted a proper debate then there should be a moderator. My candidate for that would be Vitalik hehehe.

That would be great fun. Cheesy

Roger; BCash is the best form of crypto cash, it's more reliable than BTC, XRP, ETH and you name it.

Vitalik; Roger, I fully agree with you, let me go in depth about why Ether can't work as cash.

Jimmy; Hey, wasn't it my time to talk now?

---

I came across another debate today. While it was semi awkward, I actually enjoyed the dog fight (link) between Roger Ver and Tone Vays. Tone brought up some decent points that Roger couldn't come up with. Roger was yet again busy explaining why it's important to read economics books.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: