Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:48:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Libertarians Are Sociopaths  (Read 11646 times)
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 12:52:20 AM

I'm not saying some of the shows aren't enjoyable to watch, but they aren't about history.

re:aliens

Usually it's things like "secret" government facilities, lights in the sky, cattle mutilation etc; they did recently come up with a show called Ancient Aliens or somthing along those lines, that one does get a bit more historyish, but that isn't their only aliens show.

Ah, the Ancient Aliens series is the only one I'm aware of.  Their documentaries on the early presidents are great, but lengthy.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Smoovious

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Scattering my bits around the net since 1980

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 01:11:22 AM

Aren't most of those shows Discovery Channel, not History Channel?

(will have to check more closely next time they're on)

-- Smoov
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 01:25:38 AM
Last edit: October 29, 2011, 01:36:14 AM by TiagoTiago

I'm not saying some of the shows aren't enjoyable to watch, but they aren't about history.

re:aliens

Usually it's things like "secret" government facilities, lights in the sky, cattle mutilation etc; they did recently come up with a show called Ancient Aliens or somthing along those lines, that one does get a bit more historyish, but that isn't their only aliens show.

Ah, the Ancient Aliens series is the only one I'm aware of.  Their documentaries on the early presidents are great, but lengthy.

According to my count of http://www.history.com/shows (haven't doublechecked the numbers), they got the following:

Aliens (counting ancient aliens): 2
End of the World: 7
Miscelaneous fiction: 5
Modern things: 10
Non-history related reality shows: 16
Actual History: 38

They indeed have a significant amount of actual history shows, but my subjective experience is those occupy only a surprisingly small fraction of the weekly grid.

ps:many shows there i don't recognize and there are a couple i've seen on TV that i didn't spot there, perhaps they use some programs from other companies over here, and i think some of the ones listed on that page aren't being aired regularly anymore.

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  

Jump to: