Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 12:59:00 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does a Successful ICO Really Require $$$$  (Read 1910 times)
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 10:47:57 PM

Can I crypto company be successful with a min budget during the ICO? For example, can a startup not have funding and successful launch an ICO to include whitepaper, landing page, smart contract if they are knowledgeable? Or is a lot of $$$$$$$ required for everything. I for one thing that the idea and vision is what sells. Especially if the person is transaparent and people buy in the vision. I think word of mouth will travel and people will buy in.
The need for money is exaggerated in this market, just look at the most successful coin that we have which is bitcoin, how much money did satoshi asked from the community to create bitcoin? He did not ask for any kind of money and yet he created the best coin that we have, so a truly dedicated developer could create a coin with no money if he wanted, but if he wanted to accelerate the process a few million dollars could be enough.
virtualinvestor770 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:19:21 AM

Can I crypto company be successful with a min budget during the ICO? For example, can a startup not have funding and successful launch an ICO to include whitepaper, landing page, smart contract if they are knowledgeable? Or is a lot of $$$$$$$ required for everything. I for one thing that the idea and vision is what sells. Especially if the person is transaparent and people buy in the vision. I think word of mouth will travel and people will buy in.
The need for money is exaggerated in this market, just look at the most successful coin that we have which is bitcoin, how much money did satoshi asked from the community to create bitcoin? He did not ask for any kind of money and yet he created the best coin that we have, so a truly dedicated developer could create a coin with no money if he wanted, but if he wanted to accelerate the process a few million dollars could be enough.
great point, but why are several people saying that it takes so much $$$$$$ just to launch an ICO?
Ghebung Masam

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 02:38:57 AM

yes, there are many great projects that don't do ico and only distribute coins for free to their community or airdrop. this reminds Stellar that it can be very successful and is in the top 10 coins, this is one of the successful Airdrop coins without ICO.

Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 03:35:13 AM

great point, but why are several people saying that it takes so much $$$$$$ just to launch an ICO?
Because they are trying to sell the idea that in order to develop a successful project you need a lot of money, when in fact the only thing that you need to develop a great project is a computer and your ability to code, if your idea was worthwhile I'm sure that many talented people that do not really care about the money will be willing to work in it for free.
BITSPANISH

Activity: 486
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 03:40:41 AM

The most necessary condition for an ICO project to succeed is to have a lot of money. The money may come from selling the tokens to the investors or the capital of the company. As simple as the Credits (CS) campaign, this project needs a lot of ETH to be able to boost the Token rate through each stage.

✦ ───   OATH   ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium  ────── ▌▐ 
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 03:51:19 AM

The most necessary condition for an ICO project to succeed is to have a lot of money. The money may come from selling the tokens to the investors or the capital of the company. As simple as the Credits (CS) campaign, this project needs a lot of ETH to be able to boost the Token rate through each stage.
They should list the allocation budget of the funds they will be needed, if the numbers seem reliable then we will not be confused o how much they wanted to reach or caps their ICO. If it's a big project and will be needing many developments expenses then many $ will be needed really.

JJhansen
Copper Member

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2018, 04:01:51 AM

It depends-
This is from my observation:
If your target demographic is  Asia then you would need lot of $$$ - because Asians play safe - they prefer to buy tokens in companies that have big names behind them.
If your target demographic is in US or Europe then you do not need a lot of $$$ to reach out to them because they are willing to take risks .

I want to mention that this is based on my observation and it need not be correct !!
BTW all the best with your ICO.

THE FARM TOKEN  ●   ASSET BACKED TOKEN - BUILT TO LAST   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |    Instagram     |
╠══════◎  [ PRESALE STARTS 15 NOV 2018 - GET WHITELISTED ]◎═════╣   

THE FARM TOKEN  ●   TOKEN FOR THOSE WHO DARE TO DREAM BIG   ●
|     ANN   |     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |    Instagram     |    Bounty     |
╠══════◎  [  PRESALE STARTS 15 NOV 2018 - GET WHITELISTED  ]◎═════╣  
Perie200

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 04:20:16 AM

To start a project without a large amount of attracted investments, he needs a very good idea, an experienced team and an amazing product. Even with these parameters, we need at least some minimal investment. The project should not collect tens of millions of dollars, I think this is very bad and it’s not a fact that this project will benefit the crypto world in the future ..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: