Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:40:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone need new ASIC technology for Bitcoin mining?  (Read 429 times)
flamehowk (OP)

Activity: 264
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 05:09:51 AM
Merited by smt_red (1)

We are developing the fastest ASIC chip for Bitcoin mining. Recently we decided to make our project open sorce. But the community does not even recognize our project, which belongs to Bitcoin. Any attempts to place our topic here - in the branch about Bitcoin mining on ASIC chips, lead to the fact that our topic is thrown into the branch with the Altkoins.
Similarly, the community does not provide any investment for development. Today, we can not even collect $ 750 to register our company in state bodies in order to be able to conclude an NDA contract with a chip manufacturing plant in Taiwan. And this happens at the time of the stagnation of the crypto currency market, when new technologies can make a breakthrough in the crypto economy.

Two questions follow from this:
1) Do anyone need new ASIC technologies for Bitcoin mining?
2) Since when did the development of ASIC for Bitcoin mining begin to be considered the development of Altcoin? And why?

I just want to understand what our team is doing. Maybe we do what no one needs?

In advance I thank for answers. I hope this topic will not be moved to the Altkoins. Otherwise, we will be very disappointed in the modern crypto community.

The VenusMINE project is an open source and open hardware project to develops the most fast architecture of the ASIC for Bitcoin miners in the world!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2544

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:32:11 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2018, 03:37:49 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

The only time a mod should move your posts from here is if they address an other coin - including those that are sha256D - that is not Bitcoin. Beyond that, there is a developers section of the Forum as well dedicated to exactly what you are doing. Do we need more efficient miners -- yes, however, semiconductor technology is now at 10 and 7nm gate size. Using any larger node will not be competitive in terms of speed and power consumption.

That said, if you cannot scrape together even $750 to get a business license then you need to seriously re-think what you are looking to get into. You are looking at an investment of several 10's of millions of $.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
flamehowk (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 04:44:05 PM

We are in the know. But we can not collect this money not because we are doing poorly our job, but because investors do not do their job well.
We will not go far. You said that our topic had no right to transfer from this branch, but it was transferred. Does this mean that we did not correctly post our topic? No. This means that the administration does not do its job correctly when moving or deleting topics without even reading them. Thanks to their actions, our topic is among the thousands of Altcoins, to which it has not the slightest relation, and the attitude to it from investors is just as superficial.
As you can see, this is a chain of consequences that follow one after another only because someone from the very beginning does a poor job.
In occasion of 10 and 7 nanometers can not worry, we perfectly understand about what there is a speech. The plant with which we contacted can offer us 12 and 7 nm to choose from.

The VenusMINE project is an open source and open hardware project to develops the most fast architecture of the ASIC for Bitcoin miners in the world!
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 05:20:42 PM

This is rapidly heading off-topic for this area but, YOU have to start things off. Starting a business-101: You will not get any investors if they do not see that YOU are financially committed to your startup business. If you have no track record of successfully creating a business plus previous history in this technology and are not willing to put your livelihood on the line they are not about to give you 1-cent. I certainly would not finance you...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
flamehowk (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 05:39:23 PM

We have already invested all our funds in this project, more we do not. The creators of Bitmain, Bitfury and other similar companies were also not at the start of the millionaires behind which there would be a successful business or history. But this did not stop them from developing a good product.
Of course, you should not invest us - better invest in Bitconnect or Envion.

flamehowk (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 05:49:42 PM

I can not understand one thing - how do you imagine this? If I have a successful business, what should have made me develop new-generation miners? Do you know a lot of millionaires who abandon their business in order to develop specific equipment or new technologies?
Those who have money usually do not want to do anything at all. No one will ever benefit from them. And as practice shows, they can not even invest in other projects.
However, we are not worried about this. Sooner or later, there will be some miners who will want to be the first to get the fastest miner in the world who can pay back in just a couple of months. Yes, maybe they will not be those greedy millionaires who can not part even with 1 cent of their heap of dollars, but will be modest people who will invest 10 - 20 - 100 dollars in our project. But they will get what others will not get. We will still find our investors. Or rather, they will find us.

fanatic26_

Activity: 294
Merit: 129

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:24:40 PM

I can not understand one thing - how do you imagine this? If I have a successful business, what should have made me develop new-generation miners? Do you know a lot of millionaires who abandon their business in order to develop specific equipment or new technologies?
Those who have money usually do not want to do anything at all. No one will ever benefit from them. And as practice shows, they can not even invest in other projects.
However, we are not worried about this. Sooner or later, there will be some miners who will want to be the first to get the fastest miner in the world who can pay back in just a couple of months. Yes, maybe they will not be those greedy millionaires who can not part even with 1 cent of their heap of dollars, but will be modest people who will invest 10 - 20 - 100 dollars in our project. But they will get what others will not get. We will still find our investors. Or rather, they will find us.

I doubt you will find many investors when you cannot even form coherent sentences. Also, it sounds like you are blaming a topic being moved for lack of investor motivation. WTF are you even talking about?
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:14:11 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2018, 07:30:41 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

Do you know a lot of millionaires who abandon their business in order to develop specific equipment or new technologies?
As a matter of fact -- I do know several who have done exactly that. It is called an exit strategy. Develop a business and then when the right offer comes around sell it at a huge profit for all involved. When you are looking for Investors one of the 1st things they will ask is, 'What is your exit plan?'

Some folks, sure they retire and enjoy life. Others however DO invest -- over and over again in many different startups. It is a game to them, the thrill of the hunt so to speak.

rifleman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:55:15 PM

So let me get this straight.....

You are building the new ASIC chip, but can't afford $750 for a license?

Go to jail
do not pass go
do not collect $200
flamehowk (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 08:18:09 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2018, 08:28:59 PM by flamehowk

"I doubt you will find many investors when you cannot even form coherent sentences. Also, it sounds like you are blaming a topic being moved for lack of investor motivation. WTF are you even talking about?"
Yes, it's very logical to blame the topic. She moves herself, she has legs. And of course, the motivation of investors is to blame. This is what we are talking about!

"I do know several who have done exactly that. It is called an exit strategy."
I did not talk about selling a business for millions. I talked about throwing business and starting to work for an incomprehensible purpose. Do not confuse one with another.

"It is a game to them, the thrill of the hunt so to speak."
Your position is clear: anyone who is not a millionaire and just does his job honestly does not deserve investment from outside.

"You are building the new ASIC chip, but can't afford $750 for a license?"
And what surprises you? What is not all millionaires in this world? Or that there are still countries in the world where ordinary developers are not millionaires? I must disappoint you, even many engineers at Intel are not millionaires.

flamehowk (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 08:33:13 PM

Dear participants, there were only two questions and I ask them to follow.
1) Is it normal that the forum's administrators do not distinguish between the Bitcoin Miner from Altkoin?
2) Why do not investors want to invest in the development of a new generation of Bitcoin miners, but prefer to invest in fraudulent projects?

The second question was answered first:
"Because someone who is not a millionaire and can not finance his own project does not deserve investment from other investors."

Are there any other answers to these questions?

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1633

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 10:18:16 PM

1) Is it normal that the forum's administrators do not distinguish between the Bitcoin Miner from Altkoin?
There is no such rule. Chances are the first time you posted your comment it looked like you were talking about altcoin miners. However you do still need to follow the forum rules and this section is very particular about where each post is meant to go. Are you sure your original post wasn't simply moved to another area of the bitcoin mining section?

2) Why do not investors want to invest in the development of a new generation of Bitcoin miners, but prefer to invest in fraudulent projects?
If you're trying to secure funding for your mining operation, you're in the wrong part of the forum. Go check in the economy sections.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 12:50:46 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2018, 01:22:53 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

@ -ck, they've said nothing about a mining operation - they said:
We are developing the fastest ASIC chip for Bitcoin mining. Recently we decided to make our project open sorce.
However, ja belongs in the economy or at worst general discussion areas for now.

To the OP, this,
I did not talk about selling a business for millions. I talked about throwing business and starting to work for an incomprehensible purpose.
is exactly the wrong thing to say to or approach investors with... Investors are just that: Investors. That means getting a return on their investment in a negotiated amount of time. Your goal is to make them see that possible return on their investment - plus profit. If you do not understand that simple business principal then I feel very sorry for whomever you draw into this venture.

You make no mention of what YOU bring to the table. Expertise in custom mixed-signal power chip design? Any previous chip design work at all? Miner chips = high power operation: anyone in your group familiar with PDN's and high current voltage regulator design? You cannot just walk into TSMC throw money at them and tell them to build a mining ASIC for you. YOU provide the design specs down to the last transistor location and signal route inside the chips you want.

rifleman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:17:46 AM

Quote from: flamehowk link=topic=5010717.msg4t

"You are building the new ASIC chip, but can't afford $750 for a license?"
And what surprises you? What is not all millionaires in this world? Or that there are still countries in the world where ordinary developers are not millionaires? I must disappoint you, even many engineers at Intel are not millionaires.

It's $750, if you can't afford that from your own cash, you shouldn't even be thinking about building ASIC chips. 
flamehowk (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 05:57:07 AM

"Are you sure your original post wasn't simply moved to another area of the bitcoin mining section? "
We are sure.

"However you do still need to follow the forum rules"
How to follow a rule that is not in the rules?

"If you're trying to secure funding for your mining operation, you're in the wrong part of the forum. Go check in the economy sections."
It is difficult for me to understand what it means to "finance a mining operation." We are looking for investors to promote our project.
We can not go to the section "economy", because the administration of the site sent our topic to the Altkoins, which was discussed above.

"Your goal is to make them see that possible return on their investment - plus profit. If you do not understand that simple business principal then I feel very sorry for whomever you draw into this venture."
What does "do not understand that simple business principal"? We all perfectly understand and our documents show a profit that is simply not physically obtainable in any other project. At the same time, we do not have any financial pyramid, but a project designed for a real product from the real sphere of the crypto economy. Such projects are single in the whole space. But this is not enough, as practice shows.

"You make no mention of what YOU bring to the table."
You behave like a typical troll. Instead of reading the project documents, getting acquainted with the site and the whitepaper, you are bringing charges against us that are worthless. Either read first with our project and thoroughly study all the documents, and then ask questions. Either I will have to stop answering your questions personally, because it makes no sense.

"It's $750, if you can't afford that from your own cash, you shouldn't even be thinking about building ASIC chips."
OK. Your answer is accepted. You are already the second one who believes that only millionaires can develop microelectronics. But neither you nor Mr. NotFuzzyWarm have provided a single surname of a real millionaire, who is engaged in the job instead of his business. Therefore, I believe that this is your personal opinion, which is based on excessively full life, and not on the reality in which we live.

smt_red

Activity: 398
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:15:56 AM

New ASIC technologies for Bitcoin mining?
More in a private message?
flamehowk (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 08:18:34 AM

More in a private message?

Done.

flamehowk (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 07:25:39 PM

Again, our topic was transferred and this kills the topic. It's good that this time, at least not in altcoyins.

shield132

Activity: 2212
Merit: 854

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 09:29:15 PM

Have you heared anything about company called "Bitmain"? They are so shitty that they invented ASIC miner for ethereum and for this reason GPU mining slowly does (mostly ATI cards since Nvidia 1070+ is optimized for neoscrypt). Well, I may speak a lot but if you have something potent, better than bitmain, bitfury and baikal can create, then you have possibility to become billionare. You know what to do after that...

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
flamehowk (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 09:44:42 PM

To become billionaires, we need to get funding for our project.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: