Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:12:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New type of scammers in telegram! Keep your bitcoins safe! Watch out!  (Read 2038 times)
GoldenOrder (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 09:52:17 AM

Be very careful of this new type of scammers in Telegram. They use the names and pictures of beautiful girls. The way they operate is that they show themselves in the telegram chat of whatever coin you are into. They don’t directly private message you, but they say something to call your attention or somebody else’s attention to start a conversation and eventually take the conversation private.

More in the following article:

https://medium.com/@TheGoldenOrder/stay-alert-for-this-new-type-of-scammers-in-telegram-6b970e240e8d

WATCH OUT FOR THIS TYPE OF SCAMMERS!

Spread the word, we need to protect ourselves from them!.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jannn

Activity: 1120
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 10:15:00 AM

You would need to be very naive to fall for something so completely obvious. But then again, I've seen even CEOs of companies not even understand the most basic of scam tactics on Telegram. So I can see why some broken english guy from India might fall for such a seemingly obvious trap. It's very simple guys, don't send money to anyone for any reason on Telegram unless you know them!
Cecilve

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:20:01 AM

Probably most of those photos they are using can be found easily on google. Don't look for a girlfriend on telegram and don't even respond to people you don't know.
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:25:30 AM

Be very careful of this new type of scammers in Telegram. They use the names and pictures of beautiful girls. The way they operate is that they show themselves in the telegram chat of whatever coin you are into. They don’t directly private message you, but they say something to call your attention or somebody else’s attention to start a conversation and eventually take the conversation private.

https://medium.com/@TheGoldenOrder/stay-alert-for-this-new-type-of-scammers-in-telegram-6b970e240e8d

Nothing new here. Although first time I hear about this particular tactic. But it is well known that if you put a picture of some beautiful lady, even better with sexy pose you can easily pick up some newbies and play with them as you want. There are even people who just go there and take photos of some random person, such as they find everything on from public fb profiles and pretend to be he/she even they are not. Honestly I am getting sick of telegram with many people spamming all over. not to mentions spams that are happening on twitter and discord all together. We can conclude that this is all working for scammers as they continue to do these things. This is why it is important to know that they exist. Very detailed article, good share.
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:32:05 AM

Is it actually new? I feel like I've seen these type of scams in pretty much any related to money online  Cheesy  It would be pretty dumb if someone actually falls for such an obvious scam (pretty girl talking to you alone asking for private info and/or money? fishy)

Don't look for a girlfriend on telegram
I doubt people here in forums who join cryptocurrency related Telegram channels are looking for a girlfriend in those telegram channels, or maybe it is a thing, I don't know.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
Gaurav11kb

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:45:30 AM

As the popularity of crypto is increasing, number of scams and their types are increasing day by day be it telegram or twitter. Every page is doing an airdrop of X coin. You'll get 5000 X coins after they reach 1000 followers. To get 5 million X coins, just send them 0.01 ETH. Don't fall for any of them. Be a little vigilant and never login in your wallets with private keys on any unknown website.
Gururapyco

Activity: 67

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:50:19 AM

I read the entire article and have o say that whoever falls for this must be extremely stupid. This conversation takes so much time and those screenshots look very fake at the first sight.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 11:04:30 AM

This is not a "new type" of scam. It's pretty much just like a typical scam, just with actors that are willing to spend time to convince their target. Thanks for the heads up anyway, might help the noobs.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 11:13:02 AM

Oh wow, using photos of hot girls to soften up men for scams? That's revolutionary! Whoever thought of that must be rich by now. /s

Lol but yeah on a more serious note, you can prevent a lot of trouble by simply not talking to people you don't know. That advice works both in crypto and life in general lol.

Also, thinking with your dick is a bad idea, as you might imagine.

InformerKin

Activity: 72

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 11:26:31 AM

Is it actually new? I feel like I've seen these type of scams in pretty much any related to money online  Cheesy  It would be pretty dumb if someone actually falls for such an obvious scam (pretty girl talking to you alone asking for private info and/or money? fishy)

Don't look for a girlfriend on telegram
I doubt people here in forums who join cryptocurrency related Telegram channels are looking for a girlfriend in those telegram channels, or maybe it is a thing, I don't know.
At first their intention might just be to gather some onfo about the project they are into, but when such person appears and pretends to share the same mindset and looks good on the photo, emotions start to act very speciously.
Retty

Activity: 154
Merit: 47

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 11:29:43 AM

Oh wow, using photos of hot girls to soften up men for scams? That's revolutionary! Whoever thought of that must be rich by now. /s

Lol but yeah on a more serious note, you can prevent a lot of trouble by simply not talking to people you don't know. That advice works both in crypto and life in general lol.

Also, thinking with your dick is a bad idea, as you might imagine.

Haha, so true....just ask Bill Clinton!  Wink

It may seem obvious to the vast majority of us, but i'm sure there is a very small percentage of people who fall for things like this.

As the saying goes....a fool and his cash are easily parted! (i concur as i forgot to put a stop loss on a trade last night!  Lips sealed )
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 11:46:00 AM

This is a typical scam that's been happening not only on telegram but on all social media sites, forums and most notably in the forms of emails, just open your spam box and there'll be hundreds of them wanting to meet you. There's no way to stop it, but follow a simple tried and tested rule, do not talk to strangers until you know them, or someone you know knows them. I'm sure many of us would have avoided this, but I'm sure many newbies would have fallen for it, so a good share.
prj112031

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 11:52:42 AM

are you a victim of  this type of scammers? we barely need to spread it to void any lost to our wallets,
hacekd

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 11:56:44 AM

a new trick for bitcoin criminals, usually the mode used is selling non-account, which indeed criminals offer relatively cheap prices to attract the attention of victims through forums where transactions or bargaining prices are carried out on telegrams, my advice is you do not easily believe someone else or you will lose a lot of your bitocin.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
walemil

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 12:05:12 PM

Thank you for this. In fact, I don't think there is any cryptocurrency group where these scammers are not present but one thing that I know is that you cannot be scammed if you are careful enough and follow the dos and don'ts. If you have any reason to establish a private chat with any individual, don't leave any of your security informations.
GoldenOrder (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 12:11:09 PM

I read the entire article and have o say that whoever falls for this must be extremely stupid. This conversation takes so much time and those screenshots look very fake at the first sight.

The screenshots were taken by me. They are not fake. You may not fall, but there are many newbie people in the world in crypto that may fall. Not everyone is as smart as you are.
jarojak

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 12:12:43 PM

Well, I never trust any social media account with a pretty "supermodel style" girl as a profile picture especially if it's half naked.  I will just ignored them because I know they hide something behind their sexy bikini.  Cheesy
ksupriya94

Activity: 123
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 12:18:21 PM

Very true. we should careful for all these things and any circumstances we should not transfer any amount of currency on private address and never share private key to any one.
Betty10

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 12:21:41 PM

Some persons are just lazy and naive, they do not want to think for themselves but instead will prefer someone to think out for them and at the end they are scammed. wen too many scammers on telegram, especially during ICO they may ask you to send your bitcoin to a private, funny some guys do fall for it. Too bad.
Shadesofglory

Activity: 65

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 12:22:18 PM

What would you call this type of scam?  Is it ICO or cryptocurrency related scam or romance scam?  Either way, if you found love on Telegram, your prayers have been answered, however, when your supposed love now starts demanding for stuffs to be paid in cryptocurrency, then, you should wise up.  Do not fall into all these romances to the extent of dropping your Private Key, some people could be that easy to manipulate. Other scam included but not limited to those who would message one out of the blues to buy coins directly from them. We all know this, caution needs to be taken here.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: