Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:44:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: In some ways isn't Litecoin a "scam coin" too?  (Read 1659 times)
solid12345 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:15:26 PM

I get tired of the scam accusations against numerous coins so i'll throw one out there. Isn't it a conflict of interest that Charlie Lee's brother owns the world's biggest Bitcoin exchange? What better way to enrich themselves than to create a coin, market it as the "silver" to Bitcoin's gold, hype it up for a year to get people wondering when it will hit BTC China, then finally unleashing it and making huge profit off the sale of it?

See how this game is played?
HiroS

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 02:21:08 PM

The biggest scam of them all is fiat so I would not worry so much Smiley

Litecoin is doing some good development work with Bitcoin OMG and bringing those features into Litecoin itself. I'd be more cynical of coins that do absolutely nothing and simply disappear after hitting an exchange. Litecoin does not deserve to be called a scam considering their efforts, they are better than the majority of new coins.

Hirocoin - New unique feature just added. We will be the new home for GPU miners when those Scrypt ASICs hit.
peterlustig

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:44:41 PM

Ofcourse, maybe the biggest one ever. Remember how LTC was supposed to be GPU and ASIC resistant, yet they chose an N-Factor that needs very little RAM, resulting in an "easy" to code GPUminer and an "easy" to develop ASIC. Some crazy people even say the devs knew that there was no GPU resistance and coded their own GPU miner.  Wink

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
chinabreak123

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:24:38 AM

agree, so don't say who is scam

eXocoin [EXO]-gen 2.0- dev. from scratch! Give-Away | Open Beta
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:21:23 AM

I get tired of the scam accusations against numerous coins so i'll throw one out there. Isn't it a conflict of interest that Charlie Lee's brother owns the world's biggest Bitcoin exchange? What better way to enrich themselves than to create a coin, market it as the "silver" to Bitcoin's gold, hype it up for a year to get people wondering when it will hit BTC China, then finally unleashing it and making huge profit off the sale of it?

However the creator of Litecoin never premined nor has ever been a big holder. It became successful because the creator didn't create it out of greed.

Maybe nothing in this game is perfect but it was the fairest of the time when acceptable standards for a new crypto were considerably higher then now.
Mobius7

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:33:23 AM

However the creator of Litecoin never premined nor has ever been a big holder. It became successful because the creator didn't create it out of greed.

Maybe nothing in this game is perfect but it was the fairest of the time when acceptable standards for a new crypto were considerably higher then now.

+1  Smiley

kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:19:09 AM

2011 was such an innocent time.

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
lalakies23

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:31:55 AM

It is a scamcoin for sure.
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 08:17:40 AM

LiteCoin developers are BitCoin developers.
/thread

XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:03:57 AM

In long therm LTC is bad why ?
Low speed Quark,Doge,BC and other wins
Blockchain imo this is something that in long run take to much disk space.
it will take few days to download full blockcain in few years now we don't see that problem but it will be serious.
Whole idea LTC being ASIC proof now collapse...just  google "Greedseed".
LTC get popularity as ASIC prof but it failed now...

I don't call LTC scam but this coin comparing to BTC is not better...

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
BitCoinPokerBro

Activity: 826

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:55:58 AM

it will take few days to download full blockcain in few years now we don't see that problem but it will be serious.

I respectfully disagree with this statement. Improvements in technology happen on a daily basis. By the time blockchain downloads become a major issue we'll all have 50TB hard drives and be playing hd mmo's on tablets.

If not RAID
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:01:39 AM

In long therm LTC is bad why ?
Low speed Quark,Doge,BC and other wins
Blockchain imo this is something that in long run take to much disk space.
Whole idea LTC being ASIC proof now collapse...just  google "Greedseed".
LTC get popularity as ASIC prof but it failed now...

I don't call LTC scam but this coin comparing to BTC is not better...

+1 Litecoin did bring something new to the public, but the fast speed of Quark/Doge take the lead imo
sadface

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:02:13 AM

btcchina is not even close to beeing the worlds largest bitcoin exchange anymore. its market share is ~4 %

http://bitcoinity.org/markets/list
http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/markets/info

eCop

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:26:48 AM

it comes much ealier than other alt-coins
El Dude

Activity: 770

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:45:28 AM

LiteCoin developers are BitCoin developers.
/thread

this. Litecoin devs  work closely with the bitcoin devs to improve the bitcoin protocol , all the other coins just copy Litecoin.

of course everyone is going to say that Litecoin is a scam or not good because they want you to buy they pump and dump coin they hold the most of .

many people will be left holding a bag of crap coins once Litecoin hits $300 and bitcoin hits $2000.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
El Dude

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:46:54 AM

btcchina is not even close to beeing the worlds largest bitcoin exchange anymore. its market share is ~4 %

http://bitcoinity.org/markets/list
http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/markets/info

huobi has been known to fake volume and btw they announced they will be launching Litecoin very soon.

Litecoin is a straight up copy of Tenebrix and Fairbrix. Didn't even come up with scrypt as a PoW. Of course it's a scamcoin.

flase , tenebrix and fairbrix are based on multicoin-qt where litecoin is based on bitcoin .

It is a scamcoin for sure.

ya and let me guess the crapcoin in your signature is not ?

ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:58:57 AM

so sad. the litecoin dev's never did create the scrypt algo. anyone with 1/2 a brain would have known that after checking on litecoin's history. a dev called lolcust who created giestgeld, and tenebrix created the scrypt algo (for tenebrix) coblee forked it and created fairbrix (Tenebrix without the premine) then went on to start fresh and created litecoin. so no it isnt a scam

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
El Dude

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:24:44 AM

so sad. the litecoin dev's never did create the scrypt algo. anyone with 1/2 a brain would have known that after checking on litecoin's history. a dev called lolcust who created giestgeld, and tenebrix created the scrypt algo (for tenebrix) coblee forked it and created fairbrix (Tenebrix without the premine) then went on to start fresh and created litecoin. so no it isnt a scam

yes but fairbrix is based on multicoin and litecoin is based on bitcoin , very important to know .

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 11:31:53 AM

yes but fairbrix is based on multicoin and litecoin is based on bitcoin , very important to know .

They ported fairbrix from multicoin codebase to bitcoin codebase but the scam part entered when they then hacked the name and maybe a few stats instead of simply releasing it as a bitcoin code based version of fairbrix, a simple upgrade of fairbrix to the bitcoin codebase.

Basically instead of upgrading the existign coin they chose to try to start a new scamcoin of their own using the fact it was based on newer code as a selling point. kind of unfair competition even since of course the fairbrix users/holders were screwed over by their own developer, who ran off to screw them over with a competing coin instead of upgrading the coin he had already created and caused people to buy into.

So it was a double-scam: dump fairbrix and pump a new scam instead...

The gentlepersonly thing to do would have been to first release the upgraded fairbrix - fairbrix ported to the bitcoin codebase, before going on to churn out yet another scam.

Instead it was like thanks for all the wealth you poured into my fairbrix blockchain but ha ha I an now leaving you in the lurch as bag-holders and starting a whole new blockchain ha ha ha you suckers never learn do you I bet you are gonna throw money at this one too hahahaha.

Since he was demostrating that leaving the investors in the lurch was his modus operandi it maybe was kind of pathetically stupid for anyone to buy into litecoin at all, how long was it before he abandoned that one too?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
El Dude

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:37:10 AM

They ported fairbrix from multicoin codebase to bitcoin codebase but the scam part entered when they then hacked the name and maybe a few stats instead of simply releasing it as a bitcoin code based version of fairbrix, a simple upgrade of fairbrix to the bitcoin codebase.

Basically instead of upgrading the existign coin they chose to try to start a new scamcoin of their own using the fact it was based on newer code as a selling point. kind of unfair competition even since of course the fairbrix users/holders were screwed over by their own developer, who ran off to screw them over with a competing coin instead of upgrading the coin he had already created and caused people to buy into.

So it was a double-scam: dump fairbrix and pump a new scam instead...

The gentlepersonly thing to do would have been to first release the upgraded fairbrix - fairbrix ported to the bitcoin codebase, before going on to churn out yet another scam.

Instead it was like thanks for all the wealth you poured into my fairbrix blockchain but ha ha I an now leaving you in the lurch as bag-holders and starting a whole new blockchain ha ha ha you suckers never learn do you I bet you are gonna throw money at this one too hahahaha.

-MarkM-

So starting from fresh code based on Bitcoin makes it a scam ?

why do I feel like the only reason you call litecoin (the only coin with a real dev team that actually improves the bitcoin protocol) a "scam" is because you missed the boat at 5 cents ?

read the 1st page https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=47417.0 , Coblee says why they made a new coin.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: