Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 07:34:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop loss feature in Exchanges  (Read 20594 times)
tarpa07

Activity: 194
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 06:56:57 PM

It is not a new thing in this field. It had from a long time especially in the forex and stock market. 
It aims at limiting a possible loses on a crypto currency trade. All we know if the price goes up than we can make profit and if the market goes down than we make lose. It help for avoid too much lose by selling automatically. Crypto currency exchanges use this function heavily. I can suggest top three and amazing exchanges for use stop lose function. (1) Binance  (2)  Poloniex  (3) Kraken   
cryptowolfsu

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 08:28:49 PM

For me it was the most difficult to learn how to  accept the loss. Using stop loss for a trader is essential,
to reduce the loss. Having stop loss feature on exchanges will help in the execution of trades.

signaturecoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:12:30 PM

There is a recent addition in most exchanges and that is stop loss capabilities. Do you think this will improve trading experience and ensure one remain profitable on the long run? What is your thought about this?
Stop loss feature is not something new in exchanges; it has been for a while with just very few people knowing how to utilize it. However, for most exchanges, you really need to be placing your stop loss in a very reasonable spot which is the reason why it is not usually palatable for someone who is scalping or day trading and the best option to have an effective stop loss for such type of trading is by using a Marginal trading platform like Bitmex.
The stoploss feature in trading is extremely necessary to limit risk and achieve profitability of investors. Stoploss helps investors to set the best selling price or buy without having to do it manually. If applied well then stoploss is an indispensable feature in the trade.
hirngespenst

Activity: 812
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:44:36 PM

No, it is not very useful things for sure. Be careful about the stop loss trading system. If you don't know how to process it, then you can lose your capital! I was trying to learn how to use it after then I decide I am okay with my previous trading style, I don't need this feature. Bot trading, stop loss trading will take more time to understand properly.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
tenakha

Activity: 1470
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:54:44 PM

There is a recent addition in most exchanges and that is stop loss capabilities. Do you think this will improve trading experience and ensure one remain profitable on the long run? What is your thought about this?

I dont want to repeat same sentences regarding your question but i will highlight the main stuff based on your trading experience. Stop loss  is like red light on traffic light: There are stop sign on road but light is not pressing gas pedal. Personally i dont use it frequently but this feature is big plus for traders who uses  both risky and safe class assets.
katri

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 11:45:51 PM

I never encounter such a tool on the exchange. Can you please tell what exchange are you telling about? I only believe in my manual analysing of market condition I never use tools in buying selling my coin. In any case, that's for the info.. I will surely look at it myself if I.bump that tool.
karungbitcoin

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 12:51:11 AM

In my opinion stop loss features on the exchange is very usefull to minimize the risk from wrong analysis and price prediction, we can see now many altcoin going down more than 80% and this stop loss will cut the loss from market crash. From my experience in crypto trading , iam been loss much money because did not use this feature. We need this feature when the market crash to cut the loss, and we can rebuy back at lower price so the amount of the coins will be more so we can make profit faster when the price going up back. We should use stop loss when trade on the all kind of asset, include crypto, stocks, forex etc.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
J-N

Activity: 100
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 01:04:55 AM

Some exchanges support the "trailing stop" function. It can be used as a stop-loss feature. You set a bid order for selling your coins. Also you define the sell value which should be below the market price by several percent. The trailing stop follows the market price if it grows. When this price is reduced to the value you defined, this order is completed. Thus the exchange can automatically sell your crypto-currency and you do not need to watch the coin price and be aware of the current positive movement trend.
rjsmith
Copper Member

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:49:19 AM

I think we should be careful when using the stop loss feature in exchanges.and you really need to be placing if your stop losses.we should use stop loss when trade on the all kind of asset, include crypto, stocks, forex etc.
Sanjida
Copper Member

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 12:45:55 PM

I think first you should be careful when using the stop loss feature.because stop losses is very important and necessary for a treader.the best option to have an effecient stop loss for such type of trading is by use a marginal trading entresol.
metribitcoin

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 08:33:24 AM

In this unpredictable price action of crypto stop loss feature is necesary to minimize the loss, all coin was possible going down to more than 10% just in 1 hours and in this situation we not possible to cut the loss by manual, so we need feature of stop loss to cut the loss by automaticly.
Aivaryamal

Activity: 1162
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:18:00 AM

This is a great feature and I think it is very important and necessary for many traders and investors to sell their assets on time
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:33:58 AM

In this unpredictable price action of crypto stop loss feature is necesary to minimize the loss, all coin was possible going down to more than 10% just in 1 hours and in this situation we not possible to cut the loss by manual, so we need feature of stop loss to cut the loss by automaticly.
On the contrary, stop loss will also let you lose without gaining it back, this features is very useful if you are playing day trade or short term goals,
with how the market behaves it's far better to study the market first before you make any decisions, it will gives you enough time letting you to
enter the market with combinations of strategy including this stop loss functions.
Robertqueen2

Activity: 826
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 07:39:13 PM

This procedure, 'stop loss', that has been applied by many exchanges is really a practical and and essential feature because it saves a good deal of your money from being lost and and protect your total capital.

atrocityx

Activity: 336
Merit: 71

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 07:51:54 PM

Stop limit orders should be an absolute standard in this space, and honestly so should trailing stops... deeming these as features is kind of ridiculous considering the millions that move across them in liquidity. 
cuenzy

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 08:05:52 PM

You should be careful when using the stop loss feature. Institutional investors use the fact that many people set stop losses (as they are usually taught to do) to artificially engineer liquidity in the market. Moreover, they intentionally trigger the obvious stop loss levels by pushing the price toward them. For example, if their real intention is to go long, they may push the price below a certain level they know most of the retail investors set their stop losses at, and then, when these levels are triggered they can have enough liquidity to go long. If you don't want to get burned in such a way, better learn how these things work and how to identify institutional manipulations before getting into this stop loss feature.

Well said. Hope this will be understandable to everyone. Stop loss should only be used if you'll not trade for a longer period of time. If you will leave for too long and off the market you should not do this especially if you are just planning to hold the trade for few days.
buje micin

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:38:42 AM

in my opinion it's just a security feature, someone can use it or ignore it so it doesn't affect the trading experience, someone will only sleep more calmly when using that feature
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 07:09:43 PM

I would really take this as a added feature in exchanges as this will really helpful to investors at the time of fall as this will reduce the losses of many investors.But also in general people can people will be helpful if only used in right manner and at right time.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
calebwa

Activity: 29

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 02:33:53 PM

Surely, this tool is amazing as it helps to minimize losses. Obviously, only experienced traders will get the maximum profit using stop loss, but I like that crypto exchanges introduce new features. Some day we will see fully-functional exchanges with a lot of pro tools available for everybody. It’s even better that newcomer-oriented platforms launch such features, too. For instance, CEX allows using stop loss when you are on the margin trading screen (https://cex.io/margin-trading). I hope that exchanges will launch educational guides for new traders to learn about those tools.
jonhsongotti

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 01:18:13 PM

Stop-loss is an order placed by a broker to sell a crypto when it reaches a certain price. One uses this order for risk management purposes. In case of unfavorable market situation, it is possible to limit losses.Some benefits of using the Stop-loss command: Preserving your property, Preventing a bad situation from getting worse, Getting at least some profit
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: