Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:10:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you use Bitcoin as a practical currency?  (Read 1807 times)
infested999

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 01:17:58 PM

There are many ways to pay with bitcoin online. Recently a friend of mine bought a city break using bitcoin as a currency

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OcTA Bd

Activity: 278
Merit: 2

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 01:29:31 PM

Yes. At least I think that Bitcoin or other crypto currency can easily be used as a currency i.e. by replacing flat money.
Crypto currency is a internet based currency. You can use crypto currency any time if you have a internet connection. It will be definitely very easy if you pay your payment by crypto currency.
Everything is getting digitalized day by day. If the transaction system is also get digitalized then it will be good for all of us.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂   https://tecracoin.io  ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
UNITING SCIENTISTS, INVESTORS AND THE BLOCKCHAIN COMMUNITY
shelemiah31

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 01:38:08 PM

Yes.In fact, I've been using it to pay my bills, e-loading, online selling and buying and money transfer.I do not need to go stay in a long line just to do my transactions.Using bitcoin is convenient and fast.
daicavung

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 01:40:53 PM

I know Japan and Japan are two countries accept BTC in the payment of goods and services, but in some countries and including my country BTC is not really accepted, that is the real thing that I see

dimbaba

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 02:20:25 PM

If you have a internet connection. It will be definitely very easy if you pay your payment by crypto currancy. bitcoin is widely used for transactions of goods and services.
Shafiqul Islam

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

burst.money

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 02:26:33 PM

No I can't use bitcoin as practical currency because our country never accepts bitcoin but people convert bitcoin others currency which is acceptable in my country.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
Ezenwanyi
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 03:10:22 PM

I would  love to see bitcoin being used as a payment means for goods and services.
But as it is now,  I cannot  use it because it is not yet generally  accepted as a medium of exchange.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
cryptoblackhat

Activity: 85

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 03:11:50 PM

I find Bitcoin about as practical as my previous forex brokers.

It's difficult to use for everyday transactions, like you might do with a credit card.
But it's easy to use for large international transactions, like sending a bank transfer between countries or paying for something online.
Ezenwanyi1
Copper Member

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

Veil

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 03:14:36 PM

If what you meant by "practical currency"  is fiat then the answer is no.
This is because bitcoin is a decentralized virtual currency and that is what makes it bitcoin.
You remove it and bitcoin will cease  to exist.
tibinpro432

Activity: 89

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 03:15:36 PM

This can be done, if you are a good investor, the transition from virtual currency to reality is very easy. You can use it to pay for electricity bills or shopping, tickets to the tournament, etc. These are some examples of how to use bitcoin in a practical way. Have you tried this yet?
liamnorthcoins

Activity: 211

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 03:22:13 PM

Hello All, I have a question.
If I want to use bitcoin as practical or daily currency then what should I do?
Is American express or VISA offer such kind of opportunity so far?
I am very excited to read something special here: https://reliable.cash/t/can-you-use-bitcoin-as-a-practical-currency/33
Specially these are amazing to me:

There are many reasons for bitcoin to be not used as a practical currency. Some are listed here.

• Some users lack the infrastructure required to use bitcoin
    Some users lack the knowledge required to use bitcoin
    It will not be a good solution for day to day purchase
    It takes time to process a transaction that is why it is not practical at all
    Not many stores accept bitcoin as a payment either online or offline
    Stability in pricing
    Strong network infrastructure required for its payment to process

Now I want to purchase my Pizza using Bitcoin Cheesy
What do you think brothers?
Bitcoin is a practical and timely currency the only reason it is not is because it not fully understood by many people over the world. If given the proper support for the dessimimation of proper information probably it can even take over fiat currency.
regadly

Activity: 79

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 04:17:24 PM

I already have many uses bitkoin.S every year will be more and more.Tem more than that, and some countries have planned for 2019 crucial steps.
NuttyOracle

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 06:17:12 PM

To tell the truth, In my nations, there are not scope or use of Bitcoin in real life use.When i go to buy a product, they not accept bitcoin unlike international online market.
Cripinggedang

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 06:34:32 PM

Now it’s not possible to use for daily purchase. But I wish in future this is possible for purchase anything by using bit coin. everywhere every people will accept bit coin.

I think naturally, you might not be able to handle bitcoin physically but can transact via the internet or via bitcoin ATM. You can also buy whatever you want to buy using this tool.
It depends on the physical you are talking about.
1van__

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 06:38:40 PM

of course, every holder of bitcoin can use it as a practical means of payment, only in this case I am amazed by its large variability, if it will be possible to get rid of it, it will become the best currency in the world, in my opinion
riyarana1123
Copper Member

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 06:48:02 PM

As bitcoin is a digital currency i think it is difficult to use it as a physically in other words practically but it is very easy to use it as a safest mode of transactions while purchasing or trading any thing.

♛ SATURN♛
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
cryptoSchultz18

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 06:58:10 PM

Hello All, I have a question.
If I want to use bitcoin as practical or daily currency then what should I do?
Is American express or VISA offer such kind of opportunity so far?
I am very excited to read something special here: https://reliable.cash/t/can-you-use-bitcoin-as-a-practical-currency/33
Specially these are amazing to me:

There are many reasons for bitcoin to be not used as a practical currency. Some are listed here.

• Some users lack the infrastructure required to use bitcoin
    Some users lack the knowledge required to use bitcoin
    It will not be a good solution for day to day purchase
    It takes time to process a transaction that is why it is not practical at all
    Not many stores accept bitcoin as a payment either online or offline
    Stability in pricing
    Strong network infrastructure required for its payment to process

Now I want to purchase my Pizza using Bitcoin Cheesy
What do you think brothers?

As already discussed, the bank payment options can't handle bitcoin for now. I don't even think they will in the future, because most of the banks consider bitcoin as a strong competitor (which is partially true).
However, here is how you can use bitcoin as a practical currency:
- Make payments online. Just set up your digital wallet and make payments wherever bitcoin is an option. Even if you have BTC on your account but can't make a payment, you can exchange your BTC into the preferred currency and make payments with it.
- Use bitcoin ATMs. They are available in around 60 countries of the world.
- Make payments via bitcoin terminals. Thousands of merchants now accept bitcoin payments in the stores. You just make the payment (e.g. using your mobile wallet) via the bitcoin terminals.

Good luck!  Cool
Jannn

Activity: 1120
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 07:45:44 PM

Right now the number of transactions per second the bitcoin network can handle is very low, so they're working on off-chain solutions like Lightning to make it a lot faster, so it can then be used for practical purposes. It will probably be a couple of years before lightning is actually working at a large number of retailers though.
gooddly

Activity: 181

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 08:00:47 PM

Everything has its time. Now calculations using Bitcoin are practiced only in a few countries. But their number is growing every year. I think, soon you will buy your pizza  Wink
muneeb.zain

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:13:47 PM

To some extent i think is that is no going to happen in near future because bitcoin is the decentralized currency and mostly banned around the globe rather then some countries open hearted welcome it.and the bitcoin value would fluctuate continuously and if this happens the huge amount of bitcoin holders would buy the most of the states as their private property land and do anything they want so that no gone happen.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: