Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 12:50:42 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you judge a coin/token/project by their website?  (Read 547 times)
Btcepenbob

Activity: 161
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:44:20 AM

Pretty simple question. At the moment 99.999% of new coins tokens and crypto project all have a telegram group (full spam and bounty hunters) , a twitter account that only posts pre-made bullish news about their own coin, a subreddit with 20 subscribers and 5 bots, a Facebook page full of 3rd world country princes asking for your eth private key.
What is left to judge a product? Only their website. But how accurate and trustworthy can a website be? White paper too aren't to be trusted, since 90% of the time they get changed work-in-progress.

What metrics do you use?

For me I look towards that project by their product but I always keep in mind that every ICO will joined in have a good transparency which could be said that you know more exposure about the project.
maiden

Activity: 457
Merit: 11

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:58:47 AM

Yes, It does matter to some extent. But, I focus on telegram more. The way admins react to questions, the way their pinned message is written.

Yes, because theres a lot of scam websites so we should be careful always in that kind of thing.. i used to described if the projects or tokens are legit by reading their whitepaper and joining telegram but now, even those fake and scam projects has their own whitepaper and telegram communities. So its very hard for me to trust projects nowadays

Abu Shadow

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 11:06:09 AM

Pretty simple question. At the moment 99.999% of new coins tokens and crypto project all have a telegram group (full spam and bounty hunters) , a twitter account that only posts pre-made bullish news about their own coin, a subreddit with 20 subscribers and 5 bots, a Facebook page full of 3rd world country princes asking for your eth private key.
What is left to judge a product? Only their website. But how accurate and trustworthy can a website be? White paper too aren't to be trusted, since 90% of the time they get changed work-in-progress.

What metrics do you use?
This is the difficult part in judging the ICOs if legit or not. I will just check if those team and advisors are truly connected to the project and has clear vision that the project will definitely develop on their given time-frame. Besides that I will use my instinct and understanding about crypto if I will invest or not.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                               APP DOWNLOAD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store   [ WEB VERSION ]                                ❱❱❱ JOIN betform ❰❰❰
    FOLLOW US ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◾ WHITEPAPERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTER
drumamat

Activity: 1193
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 11:09:59 AM

There were a lot of popular projects with low-quality sites and vice versa. You need to pay attention to the project team and their partners
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 11:10:37 AM

Actually, checking how legit the icos are like getting the puzzle put into its place and you're lucky if you found the missing piece. As icos getting shit along the way, just save yourself from not investing on it so icos will see that it isn't a good time now to their things. Bare in mind that there will be no scammers if there's no people get on their trap.

So to sum it all, even we check all of those criteria if they are real asshole, then it will be.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 11:24:21 AM

I tend to look most at the community behind the project. Are there any ways to directly speak with the devs through Discord or Slack for example?
How active are they within their own community and what kinds of updates have they released.

Take LBRY for example, it's a lesser know project, but I am 100% sure that they fully intend to complete their roadmap.
The project's management and devs are active in their Discord and will answer just about any question you have.

You can see that they are releasing regular updates to their LBRY app and their communications on social media is actually interesting, not just spam.

I'm always wary of projects who have paid for big marketing campaigns or those who do these massive airdrops.
This always looks like a quick money-grab to me.

happy weblancer

Activity: 518
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 11:31:48 AM

When choosing a project, I focus on:
1) the idea of the project. Well proven at the ICO crypto stock exchange, on-line banks, companies selling green energy;
2) the team supporting the project bounty. The company Amazix deserves credit;
3) the development team (country, age, work experience, pages in social networks);
4) site and beta version of the project.
Neraj Evad

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 12:04:13 PM

No I can not judge the coin ,or token ,the project by their website , because there are ICO which are well organized websites , platforms but are scams in the end, there are also ICO projects we thought it is not so popular , but in the end it is very successful and give rewards to the participants clearly.

LeetPoolsOP

Activity: 507
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 12:06:52 PM

This is one of the criteria by which you can determine the current project in front of you or whether they are scammers. However, I would not say that this is a very important indicator. There are more important criteria.
xbudahx

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:17:23 AM

For me, an important point is also a visit of the project team to various public events in the blockchain sphere and information on attracting large investors or investment funds.
Maamejane

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

Decentralized Continuous Audit& Reporting Protocol

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:24:55 AM

You might use the website but that should not be used as a yardstick to measure the project and coin. There are some project with nice websites but they are nothing to come home about, others too are just scam projects with nice website to entice you. Don't follow a website to join a project you might end up one day falling as a victim.

Tearz

Activity: 627
Merit: 250

The Pope Of Dope

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:33:18 AM

I prefer do not trust anyone and check out information about developers team and advisors and their reputation , if they got successful project before and. Actually website doesnt mean much for me, better ask some thechnical questions and make own decision.

Welcome to the future of the  █████████████████████████████
BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██               ██             ██
██          ███████████▄          ██
██             ███▀▀▀▀████          ██
██             ███     ███          ██
██             ███     ███          ██