Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:11:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty hunters hurting themselves?  (Read 658 times)
rudox

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 10:24:09 AM

I think the way out is for the project to pay bounty hunters with Ethererum or bitcoin to keep their coin from not being dumped. Some projects use the same method and  their coin survive and it is doing well in the market as we speak now. I can see how paying with Ether will harm their projects but it will protect them and their investors. I agree with you that the hunters attitude is bad and highly inimical to themselves. How i wish it can be controlled but how can you even tell somebody not to sell his token.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bren Briones

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 10:46:08 AM

I think I have to disagree with the idea. I think this is how it goes, as a bounty hunter we may assume the token payments as our salary for the projects so whenever there is a chance to sell in a more higher value, a bounty hunter then will grab the opportunity. It is given that if there is a high price offer in the market, dumping will occur and that is not just because of bounty hunters but the holders of token in bulk. Let us take note that the allocated tokens for the project is not that high so the dumping technically is not due to bounty hunters.

justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:03:26 PM

I think the way out is for the project to pay bounty hunters with Ethererum or bitcoin to keep their coin from not being dumped. Some projects use the same method and  their coin survive and it is doing well in the market as we speak now. I can see how paying with Ether will harm their projects but it will protect them and their investors. I agree with you that the hunters attitude is bad and highly inimical to themselves. How i wish it can be controlled but how can you even tell somebody not to sell his token.
Project pay out in tokens because they really do not want to spend much to achieve the promotion of their project and bounty is an easy way to go. So, paying in other digital currency defeats that objective. I would say the best thing to do in such scenarios is to either lock the bounty participant’s token for a long time until the market has developed to some certain extent.

However, let us not forget that bounty participants always have just very little of the total amount at the end of it all, and I would not say bounty hunters are the major culprits of driving down the market value, but would rather state that, this is an act of whales to just drive out the weak hands out of the market at lower price.
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:44:14 PM

I believe it is not bounty hunters who dump token price, as after the bounty has finished, they hold only small amount of pool. Their people are investors who get tokens in pre-sale for a very cheap price.

Bounty hunters will always just remain the smaller part of the puzzle and the bigger investors will always have the part to play when it comes to driving the price lower. Actually, this is because they are mostly after the little percentage that is available with some of the gullible bounty hunters who are weak hands as they tend to dump at a very low price since a whole lot of them usually do not take their time out to even know the ICO price in the first place, and for the fact that this is a bear market, it makes it so easy for whales to achieve, so in a way, anyone who is selling lower than ICO price is actually dumb and hurting him or herself.
starplaks

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:58:13 PM

As a rule, bounty hunters are paid not so many tokens so that they can destroy a particular project.  And such part-time will be alive while there is ICO!
altcoinhunter01

Activity: 840
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 03:40:29 PM

Bounty hunters don't have much control as they have only 1 to 2% of the total bounty and not all hunter sell their coins immediately on listing. In my opinion, those who got a good bonus in pre-sale comes to sell their coins and it affects the price as they have a lot of coins.

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: