Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:42:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your greatest trading regret?  (Read 3064 times)
kakonhat

Activity: 1106
Merit: 11

Crypto in my Blood

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 04:29:27 PM

Although I am now trying to skip those wrong which I did before. But before this, I have many regrets about myself, a few days ago I got two chance to sell a coin but I didn't do that and that was my big mistake. I am sorry I don't want to say the name of that coin.

Kira Del Rosario

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 04:40:53 PM

I haven't really gone into trading with regret. Probably the loss of 10% in bitcoin? That's the biggest lost of me so far. So, no regrets up til now.
AnonBitCoiner

Activity: 1400
Merit: 326

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 06:40:02 PM

Actually I had same feelings buddy.It is easy for me to understand your feelings.Most of my holiding value is reduced ,but I had huge hope on cryptocurrency. Especially bitcoin had huge potential as compared to other cryptocurrency. New investors can use this as an opportunity and inverse their money in bitcoin.If you had hold your bitcoin till the price reach maximum, you will get profit for sure.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:01:08 PM

Regret when it's too late to buy coins in the near future there will be big pumping and if I put it into a very good profit for me, there are many doubts about investing and trading, but I have a good strategy for myself to be better than before.

I invested into some coins this January and my hope was cryptcoins are going to increase in price this year but the reverse is the case. 
I can still remember some coins that I bought around $24 and $25 dollars in January and I am still holding them. Currently those coins are less than 2 dollars respectly. I doubt if I will be able to be patient until price get back to were I bought them and I do seriously regret bought those coins at the wrong time.

I also experienced the same thing, but it was not a mistake but it was a delayed benefit, so I kept holding it and forgetting it maybe in the next few months we will pump again rather than sell it and become a big loss.
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:11:50 PM

Main regret that I'm reminded every time I see a drop in the market is not selling at 20,000 back last year. Now I'm just hopeful that all this waiting won't be in vain.
JackdunR

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:06:59 PM

That is, in the last few months I have sold my coin at a low price and I regret that the price has gone up, I lost a lot of value for the rush that day.
pictsidhe

Activity: 199
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:52:07 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2018, 12:58:40 AM by pictsidhe

I sold good and stable coins and bought a new coin to trade but my technique was big failed. I thought by that new coins I can earn some money within two or three days and after then I will buy again that stable coins! I lost my capital! That's why this is my greatest regrets in trade!
jujurloe

Activity: 103

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 12:15:50 AM

I invested into some coins this January and my hope was cryptcoins are going to increase in price this year but the reverse is the case. 
I can still remember some coins that I bought around $24 and $25 dollars in January and I am still holding them. Currently those coins are less than 2 dollars respectly. I doubt if I will be able to be patient until price get back to were I bought them and I do seriously regret bought those coins at the wrong time.
I also buy expensive like you if the price is current. NANO coins at the end of 2017 are $ 35 and this month is only around $ 2, I will wait until the end of this year to be cured or I will leave Crypto completely
hoavantathan

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 12:52:21 AM

I think i have no regret. I invested in some ICOs last year. But they all still are in business. I'll wait until they complete their roadmaps. Maybe they'll make me happier. Forget what you did and try more.
ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 06:28:20 AM

There are many regrets. Specially when I started in trading, but those regrets becomes my lesson and I will not do it again, I believe that trading is really risky. You cannot assure 100% success.
pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 06:44:07 AM

That's a pretty big mistake in my opinion, I myself often make these mistakes, but strangely I don't feel regret for doing what I decided after some consideration in trading, maybe my biggest mistake is to have some ethereum at $ 360 and now it price less than $ 200 , I hope the end of the year will be a true crypto market recovery like many people predict.

TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1241

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 07:45:55 AM

There are many regrets. Specially when I started in trading, but those regrets becomes my lesson and I will not do it again, I believe that trading is really risky. You cannot assure 100% success.
It would be better if you just accept them and move on. You cant change the past but you can prevent it from repeating itself. If you take note of the mistakes you did that made yo regret it, rectify them so you dont make them again. Trading is not for everyone but it is possible for people with a strong mindset to make decent profits from it if they step in at the correct price.

That is, in the last few months I have sold my coin at a low price and I regret that the price has gone up, I lost a lot of value for the rush that day.
I am sure many other people have this regret. But then when the coins get listed and then the market goes bearish you should be able to grab those coins. Remember in the short term, what goes up has to come down.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
tenakha

Activity: 1470
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 10:21:54 AM

In my opinion, winner is not very much in the current situation. The market is going to dip right now, and if you don't save the money for yourself, you should sell all the coins cheaply now. Also, the presence of cash money is the best to collect token from cheap price in bloody situation.
Charloz24

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 12:07:38 PM

I also still have a large number of tokens, which in January were a whole state of funds. Now I don't see the point of selling them - in a long-term investment
Reid

Activity: 2898
Merit: 642

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 12:15:31 PM

It was my first time when it happened.
Although I credit it to experience I still see it as one my greatest regret.

That is one problem if you are used to being just a holder. When you lost something that looks likes a gamble it really hurts.

I have the thought of being just good to hold any coin.
But I still do it for little amounts. When I get bored.
gurang

Activity: 350
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 12:18:01 PM

the biggest decision to regret is to put aside or release an opportunity to help you someday to reach your dream
socksserver3

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:12:05 PM

First of all, I want to say that I don't have too long experience, The only one regret was to take part in one scam ICO, when I got nothing but spent much time and efforts. Now I know what to pay attention to when choosing ICOs
Jating

Activity: 2940
Merit: 810

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:14:33 PM

I understand you concerns, almost everyone of us have been in the same situations. I have coins I've bought back in February but I dumped it around May to buy a new laptop. Lol. But I guess I made the right decision because it also went down so hard that if I have hold it today, I'm been losing so much money.

Maybe I just make the right decision in May and didn't wait till their trading exchange became live because the price didn't do anything good as well. The price is still way below the ICO price and below the price when I sold it. But if I hadn't do that, I've regret it to this day not selling them last May.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:48:48 PM

My greatest regret so far has been the purchase of bitgrail/nano.
I have purchased some on a shady and scammy website that took my money and at the middle of everything asked me to show ID and all that and kept my money there for the longest time and I have lost a lot of money there, when I took my money out I lost about 20% of the money I invested and used that money to buy nano again and than we know how much nano has dropped so I am in negative for a while in nano and I do not see how it can go up enough to make me any profit, it needs to reach around 18 dollar levels so I can actually take out a profit. That was the biggest regret I had in 6 years of crypto.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1241

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 08:20:44 AM

My greatest regret so far has been the purchase of bitgrail/nano.
I feel bad for all those who invested in bitgrail/raiblocks/nano shitcoin. It was pumped by these faucet owners and bottomfeeding faucet hunters and then it has been going down with the bearish trend back to what price it actually should have been. What I can suggest you is to wait for a bull run when you should be able to sell at decent price and thus cut some of your loss.

First of all, I want to say that I don't have too long experience, The only one regret was to take part in one scam ICO, when I got nothing but spent much time and efforts. Now I know what to pay attention to when choosing ICOs
To prevent falling for a scam ICO, you should read their whitepaper and check out the team. Dont FOMO into some ICO just because people are talking about it - it may be fake buzz. Also it needs some experience to be able to understand which ICO would be profitable and which one not. But that the risk of investing.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x