Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:33:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your greatest trading regret?  (Read 3059 times)
monster2

Activity: 448
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:00:20 PM

I do not feel right now that the price of ethereum has fallen so far because I have a lot of money for it and a lot of money has also been lost of this I'm confident it holds it and until now its price has fallen.

INVECH - SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE - INVECH (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5052844.0)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suzanne5223

Activity: 2604
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 12:05:23 AM

My trading regret was back in the year 2016 when I joined the cryptocurrency community and I bought after the market correction which split into two use one t trade while planned to hold one till next year but I later sold all the coin cause the market was unstable.

@Mhaiang

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 02:48:20 AM

That's when i do day trading for a certain crypto which i think can give me a good profit so i trade some of my bitcoin for that crypto but it went on falling down the other day which makes me feel sorry because i could've get a better volume from it from a lower price.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 03:14:49 AM

The biggest regret is when I bought bitcoin at the bottoms of 6300, then he went to 7400, and then for a couple of days off he went back to 6300)) And unfortunately he did not set the stop.
Lol I think there are already many threads that say not to be greedy in trading, you have to know when to sell and hold, don't be too
greedy by holding on for too long especially when market conditions are still in bear trend, try to use the best opportunity as possible
Quitthis

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:23:46 AM

My was last Dec. Just for fun I bought ADA. And all around me everyone started calculating and letting me know that it will hit 1$ by the end of the year. But I didn' t pay attention to that because I was in another project so I just let it there. And it hit 1$. If I would just look at it and inbest money I wanted to invest but then got pulled elsewhere that would be nice. Too bad. Since I sold ADA anyway early Jan.
Bittalk12

Activity: 434
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:44:23 AM

You managed to hold those altcoins even if you already lost over 90% of the original price? That's an insane decision my friend. You should already stop your loses when it reaches below $21 to $19 or you are only making yourself suffer for a long time. I remember the time when I invested in TENX at $4 and decided to hold those for long term but unfortunately, it doesn't meet my expectation. I sold those to $2.5 and immediately cut my losses. I guess my decision was right because it is now at $0.65. What is the name of the altcoin you are holding by the way?
Descon

Activity: 61
Merit: 3

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 08:52:06 AM

My greates regret was buying ripple on its hype and selling bitcoin wayback on 2011. Lose money specially on ripple

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
nelsledma

Activity: 572
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 06:10:40 AM

I invested into some coins this January and my hope was cryptcoins are going to increase in price this year but the reverse is the case. 
I can still remember some coins that I bought around $24 and $25 dollars in January and I am still holding them. Currently those coins are less than 2 dollars respectly. I doubt if I will be able to be patient until price get back to were I bought them and I do seriously regret bought those coins at the wrong time.
What you did was Hodl and not trading and I bet most of us here have experienced the same thing one time or the other. I once bought Ethereum at the price rate of $700 and it dropped down $500 and I had to withdraw it immediately at that time with loss of $200 on each. As of trading the only thing I regret was trading without experience. Then I thought that trading was some sort of guessing game where you just guess the correct direction it will go next, but it was more than that.
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 06:37:29 AM

The greatest trading regret was selling XEM aka NEM and also Bitcoin plus when they were cheap. If we had only kept those two coins now at the prices they are at even in this bear market, we would be multi millionaires now. Also other big mistake we made wa sNOT sell our holdings in January at their all time highs, the coins and tokens we had then in the bull run. If we had sold at that time we would have walked away with half a million dollars and now would have been able to buy heaps of cheap coins. Now we do not even have 10k USD in holdings because the bear market killed our portfolio.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
SolomonSollarsNSense

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 11:28:12 AM

I invested into some coins this January and my hope was cryptcoins are going to increase in price this year but the reverse is the case. 
I can still remember some coins that I bought around $24 and $25 dollars in January and I am still holding them. Currently those coins are less than 2 dollars respectly. I doubt if I will be able to be patient until price get back to were I bought them and I do seriously regret bought those coins at the wrong time.
I would say my greatest trading regret was not remembering to set a stop loss for a market and getting liquidated hugely before even finding out.
I know it is a silly mistake to make which is the reason for the regret anyway and I have learned my lesson to always make this a priority. it is trading, shit happens, all you just have to do is to set emotions aside, learn from your mistakes, and do it better and as long as you are still alive, you can eventually make more than you have lost in the long run.
acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 02:15:47 PM

My biggest regret here in crypto trading is when I refused to invest in a coin which has a big potential. Instead of investing I sold all of it right away. I have learned from it and I am now searching for good coins to invest with. I would want to maximize my gain someday.

KorakPawon

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 02:23:05 PM

to wait for that time we assume that all that is not happening just assume that it is your savings account for someday and the better the details of what you already have plus the benefit of the downward price situation, because one day your rising price will not sorry.
raghovsing34

Activity: 333
Merit: 1

Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 02:26:27 PM

This is a very sad situation. I also bought a few coins like you in the end of January. I thought I could get a lot of profit in mid-2018. But now the coins have dropped below 60% -70% down from the price I bought. But I did not give up hope, waiting for the price rise again.

▄ ▄▄  We reinvented the way privacy and anonimity should look like  ▄▄ ▄
▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄           PRIVIX.io           ▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄
Tigorss

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 02:27:39 PM

the calculation or estimation is indeed necessary and we must admit that it is indeed important but we must remember that the calculation sometimes has to look at the situation conditions one of them in the purchase of bitcoin which we have to calculate is when the price drops which is important and the sale of what prices go up.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1219

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 03:35:31 PM

My greates regret was buying ripple on its hype and selling bitcoin wayback on 2011. Lose money specially on ripple
I remember I made some good profits by selling ripple near to 2.5 USD/XRP after having bought a chunk at price of 20cents. Big damn profit it was and I hope to see more this year too. Dont be sad about them but rather plan your future investments. Use the money you have at hand to buy some chunks of the top few altcoins at low prices and then hold them for future returns.

Nothing of a big deal unless you are speculative about every market movement. If thats your case then you would lose a lot speculating and panic selling.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:31:01 PM

Not trading smart when it comes to changes in terms of price of the coin and the market. It always happens when I need money badly, that I would rather loss than to don't have the needed money that I would used to mend my daily needs and expenses.
damba_

Activity: 150
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 07:20:36 PM

My biggest regret was not selling ZCL at ATH price in January.
I sold it for arround 100$ in February, but I could have sell it for 200+$.
I got it when it was 2$, so I earned a lot anyways.
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 07:50:46 PM

My biggest regret here in crypto trading is when I refused to invest in a coin which has a big potential. Instead of investing I sold all of it right away. I have learned from it and I am now searching for good coins to invest with. I would want to maximize my gain someday.
Yes two times to get regret is when people will say you to invest but you will not invest because you don’t trust it and when you invest but you sell early for day trading, but I think one should have high amount of patience so that he will not have to sell so early and it will not give us lose for trading at day, I have no such regrets but I am sure if I will trade for panic so later on I will cry.
Vaculin

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:17:32 PM

This is a very sad situation. I also bought a few coins like you in the end of January. I thought I could get a lot of profit in mid-2018. But now the coins have dropped below 60% -70% down from the price I bought. But I did not give up hope, waiting for the price rise again.
Yes.I think there's no other way but to wait for another price increase so we can also gain profit out from those coins we have bought before when the price was not so bad like today.Even myself have already regrets from the coins that i bought before but i'm not losing hope.I know i can still make a good profit if i'll just hold them at the moment.
bandungan

Activity: 798
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:20:46 PM

my biggest trade regret is being hit by panic sell, i have experienced difficult situations when I have coins with prices that always go down and don't think of selling at high prices, i am forced to sell at low prices and after that in a few days the price of coins recovered very high. that is my biggest regret because I can't be patient looking at the price of coins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: