Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:50:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW to 100% avoid SCAM ICOs  (Read 2497 times)
Darthflux14

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 06:35:19 AM

Escrow on ICO’s? I think its not possible not unless you are talking about signature/bounty campaign. It’s still hard to avoid scam ICO’s because even they have escrowed bounty campaign they still failed on their project after that, so your money will be loss for good. There is still no guaranteed profit when you invest on ICO, for me its better to buy token after listing on the exchange where token is more cheaper than the ICO price.

Agreed with you, even some ICO's have escrowed their bounty campaign, we still didn't know if it would be a scam after they finish their ICO. And Some other ICO's still turned into a scam even their project is successfully ended. And some ICO's successfully ended but when listing on an exchanger their value is so low and not even met their ICO price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kriptosoul

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 10:52:32 AM

You just need to study more information about the bounty, in particular their project and what the team is going to, otherwise you will not have a complete picture of what is happening.
princehandsome

Activity: 731
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 11:44:08 AM

it's hard to know 100% ICO scams, because it that's all depends on the details of the project itself. sometimes the ICO project that we follow looks promising but suddenly stopped or there is someone gives information if that's the ICO is a scam.
Rannoch

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 11:55:19 AM

Nigerian scammer who uses -  emilyjoe9090@gmail.com

He sends fake PayPal receipts, known to try and scam on Gumtree, a real idiot  Cheesy
boranes

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 12:00:11 PM

Escrow won't protect you and it is not guaranty that you will see all your money back. There are too many factors included in it. I don't think I have seen ICO's collecting money and using escrow, maybe only few of them, if you seek for team who is escrowing funds you will probably invest in 0.01% icos.

░░░░░▄██░██░██▄        ████████████████▄     ███▄░░░░░░░▄███
░░░▄███▀░██░▀███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████     ▀████░░░░░████▀
░▄███▀░░░██░░░▀███▄  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███     ░▀████░░░████▀░
▄███▀░░░░██░░░░▀███▄ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███     ░░▀██▀░▄████▀░░
███▀░░░░░██░░░░░▀███ ░░░█████████████▀     ░░░▀░▄█████▀░░░
████░░░░░██░░░░░████ ░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀         ░░░▄███████▄░░░
▀████░░░░░░░░░░████▀ ░░░░░░░░░░░████         ░░▄████░████▄░░
░▀████░░░░░░░░████▀   ░░░░░░░░░░░░████       ░▄████░░░████▄░
░░░▀███▄░░░░▄███▀       ░░░░░░░░░░░░░████     ▄████░░░░░████▄
░░░░░  ██████▀           ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██     ███▀░░░░░░░▀███
The Future of Gaming Comission
FreeGames And Items Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 02:19:55 PM

There is no 100 sure that you can avoid scam ICO. Because most of ICO now are scam or not good to invest. You can prevent scam ICO by doing a research but not means that ICo is legit because possible also you can invested to ICO still scam because sometimes it's hard to find out what is legit or scam.
Rannoch

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 11:30:55 AM

Nigerian scammer who uses -  emilyjoe9090@gmail.com

He sends fake PayPal receipts, known to try and scam on Gumtree, a real idiot  Cheesy

Lookout for - paypaiservicesfund@gmail.com

Nigerian idiot who pretends to be a sick old lady lol
BintangBuleun

Activity: 517

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 07:11:13 PM

People we are all arguing that 80-90% of projects are scam startups.
I disagree with this statement, because many ICOs are successful at this time.

In addition to the Escrow usage there are some other signs of a good project:

- Working product (or a highly developed prototype) availability
  It proves that the team already invested its own time and resources in their idea.

- Reputable member in the team or advisors section.
  It must be a person whose previous projects were successful.
Yes, I agree with this, because with the ICO product, the project can run smoothly. This means that there is a coin turnaround quickly.
Yana_O1993

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 07:47:15 PM

very often projects that did not offer hope collected large sums and made large bounty payments

ADAB Solutions
 First crypto exchange Islamic Crypto Exchange
http://www.adabsolutions.com
DR_Vladislav

Activity: 152
Merit: 7

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:23:25 AM

Thier is nothing like 100% is not scam.
therhslv

Activity: 1022
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:31:30 AM

There is no 100% chance to avoid them , but you can make it less risky by studying project more closely . Lets say check all the team profiles on google , google the company name . Check domain names on WHOIS and so on . Ofcourse there is no guarantee that they will not flee away after collecting ICO funds , but atleast thats how im doing it . Currently didn't burn myself so far . Got burned only by market situation , cus all my tokens/coins are way under ICO price lol
TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:31:35 AM

People we are all arguing that 80-90% of projects are scam startups.
I disagree with this statement, because many ICOs are successful at this time.

In addition to the Escrow usage there are some other signs of a good project:

- Working product (or a highly developed prototype) availability
  It proves that the team already invested its own time and resources in their idea.

- Reputable member in the team or advisors section.
  It must be a person whose previous projects were successful.
Yes, I agree with this, because with the ICO product, the project can run smoothly. This means that there is a coin turnaround quickly.

80-90% is scam..?! I don't think so. With the current market situation, many of them have failed to achieve the minimum to start (softcap) but if we add even those, it will not be 80%

The two things you mentioned are definitely the most important for the project to go well. However, I do not agree on the escrow. It could work, but only if the development team had the amount to secure the whole, but then they would not need ICO, right?

I think that hedge funds can be an interesting solution - for example: https://dehedge.com/

andylioe78

Activity: 267
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:54:15 AM

To avoid fraud, I try to choose projects carefully, taking into account documentation and checking their teams
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:07:13 AM

To make 100% to avoid scam is impossible because even the good project can turn into scam if one of their team member do,but you can prevent it by doing some research of the project you want to invest,escrow for an ICO i think it is not posible.
Also not all the projects that fail are scams, you just need to look at the world of businesses to know that most of them fail even if the owners had all the desire to become successful, and the same applies to the ico market, there are many good persons out there that are trying to develop something new but they are underestimating the difficulty and the costs that it will take and so the project will eventually fail.
Successful projects/owners dont really easily achieve that state because it would really need to convince the community to have that kind of support.Achieving success wont really happen just overtime but it would really need lots of factors to be seen until it would able to get such support. You are right that there are serious project owners that do really strive to succeed but difficulties would be faced wont really be that easy.
This is especially true at a moment like this where the market of cryptocurrencies is not really growing and where it may seem like we are not going to see a bull market in a long time, so many developers are facing a terrible choice, do they try to start their project even when no one seems to want to invest in it or do they wait? But if they do wait then it is possible another project gets a first move advantage over them.
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 08:12:44 PM

To make 100% to avoid scam is impossible because even the good project can turn into scam if one of their team member do,but you can prevent it by doing some research of the project you want to invest,escrow for an ICO i think it is not posible.
Also not all the projects that fail are scams, you just need to look at the world of businesses to know that most of them fail even if the owners had all the desire to become successful, and the same applies to the ico market, there are many good persons out there that are trying to develop something new but they are underestimating the difficulty and the costs that it will take and so the project will eventually fail.
Successful projects/owners dont really easily achieve that state because it would really need to convince the community to have that kind of support.Achieving success wont really happen just overtime but it would really need lots of factors to be seen until it would able to get such support. You are right that there are serious project owners that do really strive to succeed but difficulties would be faced wont really be that easy.
This is especially true at a moment like this where the market of cryptocurrencies is not really growing and where it may seem like we are not going to see a bull market in a long time, so many developers are facing a terrible choice, do they try to start their project even when no one seems to want to invest in it or do they wait? But if they do wait then it is possible another project gets a first move advantage over them.
Its just an option if the team or project would decide to pause or wait for the right time but as you said there would be a possibility that other projects that do have similar
feature on yours will cover you up and might get the interest to be funded which is really a disastrous thing.We have seen projects tends or decides to extend their ICO sale
and for the reason which market is really on bearish mode and most investors are hesitant and afraid.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 12:25:55 PM

Escrow on ICO’s? I think its not possible not unless you are talking about signature/bounty campaign. It’s still hard to avoid scam ICO’s because even they have escrowed bounty campaign they still failed on their project after that, so your money will be loss for good. There is still no guaranteed profit when you invest on ICO, for me its better to buy token after listing on the exchange where token is more cheaper than the ICO price.

Agreed with you, even some ICO's have escrowed their bounty campaign, we still didn't know if it would be a scam after they finish their ICO. And Some other ICO's still turned into a scam even their project is successfully ended. And some ICO's successfully ended but when listing on an exchanger their value is so low and not even met their ICO price.
Anyone can just start a smart contract and have some tokens generated but that does not stop them from being scams, so it is not just about escrowing the tokens. One thing that is essential when it comes to ICOs is to just make sure you do a very good due diligence on the team, their competence, their past achievements and then look at the present moment and the possibility of them achieving what they are stating and above all, you really do not want to leave out the product availability as that is the main essential thing and not just some empty promises.

Even if I like the team and they are all just about empty promises, I would prefer to just chill, hit the exchange, keep monitoring their progress and when I see they have been able to come up with something realistic and tangible, then, they will earn my full trust.
Resulbil

Activity: 236
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 06:31:59 PM

Scams lot of time, more çoğalacaklar. Safe company quite difficult to find. I think a little chance to work in this work. Over time, everything is good and safe will be
jupppo

Activity: 385

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 06:56:11 PM

I don't agree with you. Escrow is usually fake. No normal project will give permission to somebody to control them. It's stupid. But for investors like you it seems a good sign so you will invest in this project
gtglener

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 12:23:23 PM

To avoid fraud, I try to choose projects carefully, taking into account documentation and checking their teams
That should always be the main step when it comes to choosing a project you want to invest in, which is a careful consideration on what the project entails in all, as well as their long term prospect based on the team and their ability to be able to come up with something strong and useful, as well as the minimum viable product they have been able to work on at the moment.

Documents are just thereby, they can be cloned, and they cannot be fully reliable even though they should us the business solutions, but what you really want to be looking at mostly is the team potential as well as the product potential.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: