Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:09:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PI] piCoin - The Math Cryptocurrency - Just Launched, Now on 3 Exchanges  (Read 81467 times)
renegadepcsolutions

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Yeah... I mined your mom last night.

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:54:54 AM

I think the pool owners who have reset their pools and removed pi-coin from their users' accounts need to apologize, and reimburse them for the loss incurred due to the hasty decisions made by said pool owners.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.  -John F. Kennedy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
renegadepcsolutions

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:58:18 AM

i thing sumpool is dodgy to say the least... second highest hash on the pool, got no coins ever unconfirmed or otherwise... no reply from owner. clicked on dashboard a few times and they redirected me to some chinese airline ticketing agency... wtf

I think you need to you need to stop spreading lies about people and take a break kid.

Give things time, and stop expecting immediate answers.

I never said anyone was dodgy, cheating, lying, or stealing from their members.

It's people like you who cause problems in the community, and you should re-word your post and sit on your hands until you have something intelligent to share.

Preferably using good grammar.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.  -John F. Kennedy
sumpool

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:59:15 AM

Data I fixed it
duazo

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:59:33 AM

It was 8:14 PM in here in California, so it was a pretty good for anyone in the Americas or Asia. Not so much for Eastern Europe.

Difficulty is back down to 400. Looks like things are evening out. People sure do panic quickly.

Clearly you don't understand the problem. This isn't the usual "KGW setting diff too high for a short while early on" problem. The linear diff on this is broken. It's only "evening out" at the moment because hashrate is dropping. Any other spikes before KGW will do the same again.

Nobody's panicking. The coin needs fixing and it's best to act quickly.

BTC: 141svhv9AsMLgsXDjhvZwWagRUpGWYptRE
DRK: XrnVid6U2kvTP77EifHtgxe3tEovUFK45B
IFC: iHEo7CrpQhLaTKeBxHaSvfVLTvQq1M5UcW
CrunchHarder

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 08:03:14 AM

It was 8:14 PM in here in California, so it was a pretty good for anyone in the Americas or Asia. Not so much for Eastern Europe.

Difficulty is back down to 400. Looks like things are evening out. People sure do panic quickly.

Clearly you don't understand the problem. This isn't the usual "KGW setting diff too high for a short while early on" problem. The linear diff on this is broken. It's only "evening out" at the moment because hashrate is dropping. Any other spikes before KGW will do the same again.

This is absolutely correct - there is ZERO damping in the diff adjustment. If it manages to keep unsticking now, it'll drop like a stone, hit practically zero, then suddenly spike again to some outrageous value. It's not a one-off, it's what happens when you use an undamped retargeting method every block.

BTW, had to find a VM with Boost1.54 to build the Windows wallet (without spending time getting it sorted for 1.55) for the alternate chain, but it's in-hand, I'll get it out before I go and sleep (ugghh, sweet, sweet sleep...)
renegadepcsolutions

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:04:31 AM

Obviously someone who hasn't been paying attention.  Roll Eyes

Seriously, difficulty WILL be that high when so many people are mining it at such high hash-power. Pool owners should have expected it, and I'm sure the dev team expected this to happen, but not to this extent.

KGW is meant to do this, to prevent insta-mining and multi-pools from clogging up the network.

Learn how things work before you say something.

If you think you have it figured out, I'd like to see what you've come up with. Show me what you mean, otherwise, don't post something useless without evidence to back it. It just makes sense.

Data I fixed it

Still don't see it.

CrunchHarder

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 08:06:07 AM

KGW is meant to do this, to prevent insta-mining and multi-pools from clogging up the network.

Learn how things work before you say something.

https://github.com/00123/projectpiCoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L1019

This isn't KGW - the network wouldn't fork until block 35000 on the original code:

unsigned int static GetNextWorkRequired(const CBlockIndex* pindexLast, const CBlock *pblock)
{
        int DiffMode = 1;
        if (fTestNet) {
                if (pindexLast->nHeight+1 >= 50) { DiffMode = 2; }
        }
        else {
                if (pindexLast->nHeight+1 >= 35000) { DiffMode = 2; }
        }

if (DiffMode == 1) { return GetNextWorkRequired_V1(pindexLast, pblock); }
        else if (DiffMode == 2) { return GetNextWorkRequired_V2(pindexLast, pblock); }
        return GetNextWorkRequired_V2(pindexLast, pblock);
}

renegadepcsolutions

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:06:40 AM

This is absolutely correct - there is ZERO damping in the diff adjustment. If it manages to keep unsticking now, it'll drop like a stone, hit practically zero, then suddenly spike again to some outrageous value. It's not a one-off, it's what happens when you use an undamped retargeting method every block.

BTW, had to find a VM with Boost1.54 to build the Windows wallet (without spending time getting it sorted for 1.55) for the alternate chain, but it's in-hand, I'll get it out before I go and sleep (ugghh, sweet, sweet sleep...)

KGW:

Yes! Of course! August 28, 2013!
That was the day I invented time-dilated difficulty gravitational wells. The black holes of difficulty formulas! I remember it vividly.
I was standing on the edge of my toilet about to upload a standard fork, the porcelain was wet, I slipped, hit my head on the sink, and when I came to I had a revelation!
A vision! A picture in my head! A picture of this!

This is what makes time-dilated difficulty formulas possible: the Kimoto Gravity Well! It's taken me nearly sixty six years and my entire family fortune to realize the vision of that day.
KGW = 1 + (0.7084 * pow((double(PastBlocksMass)/double(144)), -1.228));

Marty, we don't have much time, we must release it upon the universe today.
The future of Megacoin depends on it.

KGW = 1 + (0.7084 * pow((double(PastBlocksMass)/double(144)), -1.228))

renegadepcsolutions

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:14:03 AM

https://github.com/00123/projectpiCoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L1019

This isn't KGW - the network wouldn't fork until block 35000 on the original code:

I'll admit when I'm wrong.

CrunchHarder is right.

https://github.com/megacoin/megacoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L1126

The original code for KGW.

YO DEV TEAM... DAFUQ Huh

Dr.What

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:18:20 AM

3 hours on hashing.at pool. Net result= nada. 0 confirmed or unconfirmed coins. Time to raise a glass to a wasted evening of hashing.
renegadepcsolutions

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:19:02 AM

3 hours on hashing.at pool. Net result= nada. 0 confirmed or unconfirmed coins.

You were a bit late to the party.

Don't worry... it's working itself out for now.

The Dev Team has sum splainin' to do.

nexus2k14

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:21:55 AM

STAY AWAY FROM SUMPOOL!!! I have been mining since begginning, I have 0 coins! confirmed/unconfirmed 0 transactions I HAVE CONTACTED SUPPORT FEW HOURS AGO, NO REPLY, NO HELP! Nothing, be warned this is bad pool to choice.
Dashboard: Your Valid   2,720, Your Invalid   0 (0.00%), Payout   14,014.51943856

BE WARNED, STAY AWAY FROM THIEFS!!!

http://pi.sumpool.com/ = SCAM POOL!

sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:22:18 AM

3:14 utc, really good launch time

no you fail

Eastern Europe .. ye thanks for that it was pretty bad for gmt as well. (u should have just said EUROPE).

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:22:35 AM

Speaking of which...

sumpool... you owe me 1006 pi-coin. lol  Cool

I had 4000+ which have just disappeared.

Think I shall leave this coin to it.

And now 311,000 coins have appeared!
maccd123

Activity: 223

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:24:19 AM

Come to https://pi.crunchharder.net/index.php
renegadepcsolutions

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:24:47 AM

STAY AWAY FROM SUMPOOL!!! I have been mining since begginning, I have 0 coins! confirmed/unconfirmed 0 transactions I HAVE CONTACTED SUPPORT FEW HOURS AGO, NO REPLY, NO HELP! Nothing, be warned this is bad pool to choice.
Dashboard: Your Valid   2,720, Your Invalid   0 (0.00%), Payout   14,014.51943856

DUDE... COFFEE... STOP DRINKING IT.

Seriously... give the guy some time. Nobody is going to stay up 24/7 and bow to your every whim. He's human, let him sleep. You should chill and do the same.

There have been more concerns about what has been going on with the network...

Rather than accusing a pool owner of running a scam pool, try reading the past few pages in this thread before you shoot off at the mouth with your crap.

Dr.What

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:28:03 AM

3 hours on hashing.at pool. Net result= nada. 0 confirmed or unconfirmed coins.

You were a bit late to the party.

Don't worry... it's working itself out for now.

The Dev Team has sum splainin' to do.

We all know how forgiving this community is toward botched launches, after all, it's tough to make a crypto coin and who knows when the next one will come along. I'm sure everything will be great tomorrow!

Honestly though, this seemed like a pretty good launch. The pools were there, a little buzz in the air. But it's been a huge pile of shit.

But I look at scrypt coins in evolutionary terms: there's gonna be a lot of failed, backwards and pointless starts and stops. And then something really interesting happens. Just got to keep trying. However, this coin is one that paleontologists will have a hard time finding.
renegadepcsolutions

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:30:14 AM

I've also been mining since the beggining, no answer on btctalk private message, no answer on e-mail, no coins in the wallet(4mh) mining for hours... moved to another pool... scam talking is pretty much justified since the guy appears to be online

You... zip it.

You have both been told. Next is reporting you to the mods for removal. We don't need flakes in here who just want to spread rumors and lies.

Either shut your traps or take a hike.

I said the guy is human. He has an entire pool to fix, and he has only so many hours in the day to do it.

If I were you... I'd go to sleep or go play with a rock in the middle of a busy intersection... and let the adults sort this situation out.

Your 2cents isn't helping things.

And someone can be online and be AFK at the same time.

It's called having a life.

CoinAmmo

Activity: 136

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:47:55 AM

is x-pool a good pool to mine this?

MintCoin - MNT - PoW/PoS Hybrid energy Saving! - GO MINT Coins!!!
MNT - MYugcMRrY7uySY9i3LX4kUz1aGJy7FwCuC
nexus2k14

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:48:41 AM

DUDE... COFFEE... STOP DRINKING IT.

Seriously... give the guy some time. Nobody is going to stay up 24/7 and bow to your every whim. He's human, let him sleep. You should chill and do the same.

There have been more concerns about what has been going on with the network...

Rather than accusing a pool owner of running a scam pool, try reading the past few pages in this thread before you shoot off at the mouth with your crap.

First things first, If there is a POOL problem, always there is warning message on front page, second I never seen pool owner going sleep after launch new coin?!, but maybe I am wrong with this one who knows, third I don't need to relax, I just warn users that there is a PAY ISSUE and is as real as my 0 on balance, there was in past issue with paying (delay 420 long confirmations BLACK COIN and I was patient and wait like any other) but if someone else get paid on other pool and I didnt and there is few hours of mining involved then is a problem, pool owners can also use forum and post message like speedhash.eu owners with spaincoin - DDOS attack, they warn asap about that. For now I move on to deltacoin, at least I get paid.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: