Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 01:00:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PI] piCoin - The Math Cryptocurrency - Just Launched, Now on 3 Exchanges  (Read 81473 times)
kadrek

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:59:07 AM

Forgot to mine at launch as it was my birthday on pi day  Cry

Anyone wanna give me a b-day present?  Wink

53dfcrRPy6YfPMkCBAirztLuziC75HbhtV

SWIPE         │

│   Monetizing mobile engagement data,
on the blockchain            [      
SWIPE
WHITEPAPER
]            
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TheRealSorcerer

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:06:37 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2014, 07:28:58 AM by TheRealSorcerer

Hi, I did the translation in Spanish and I keep it updated. You offered a reward for that work. My piCoin address is below.

I'd like to add a comment: I'm a mathematician, but I'm actually working as a software engineer. I'm in touch with a community of math teachers who have founded a Museum of Maths. I've talked to them unofficially about the currency and they are thinking of promoting in some way. That's just informal talks but if it ends up working, I'll let you know.

58qovygAmKpqKRjqQMYYWAsBgFEjWemYCE

Thanks.
dragonseer

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:14:43 AM

Well my day 1 launch tally is now 7214.7511429 piCoins, that's mining on a single card, less 628 piCoins that it cost to get two transactions out of hashing.at. I liked piCoin on fb and twitter for the giveaway, if those coins come through to my wallet, I might be back to mine piCoin again, Good luck to all  Smiley

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:18:46 AM

You're right though, the premined coins will all be going towards the promotion and growth of piCoin - we've already committed over 5% to people (from our giveaways, bounties, and promotion) and it's still launch day. We plan on giving away 25% in the first month or so through giveaways, bounties, and custom projects/bounties. We premined a very reasonable percentage and all of it is going back into the coin.

Acknowledged. I got 314k reward for my work. The developer is very creative person. Thanks a lot!
*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:22:54 AM

Forgot to mine at launch as it was my birthday on pi day  Cry

Anyone wanna give me a b-day present?  Wink

53dfcrRPy6YfPMkCBAirztLuziC75HbhtV

Just sent you 1000 coins. Happy Birthday! Smiley
piCoinProject (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:40:28 AM

FUCK SUMPOOL THEY CLOSED DOWN THE POOL AND RAN AWAY WITH MY COINS!!!!

Quick Announcement and Explanation:

The reason behind the lack of a clear decision either way is due to a disagreement among the team about whether or not there are any bugs in the code like some users believe. We have been working nonstop on building out this coin (from a marketing perspective) since launch, despite the disagreements. The team is still divided so we are reaching out to an experienced developer to either confirm or deny these suspicions, so if there are in fact bugs they will be fixed. We can't wait to move past this issue and focus on growth instead of source code.

Meanwhile, a lot of very positive things are happening in the piCoin community. NXT-e is now running a promotion giving away 2,000,000 piCoins to users who deposit BTC and/or NXT. Here are links to the PI/BTC market and the PI/NXT market.

We're also planning a very cool (and delicious) giveaway once we're past this debacle (hint: it involves pie).

As for sumpool, we aren't going to rush to any conclusions. We have put a warning in the original post until the outstanding issues are resolved. We're hopeful that it is just a temporary technical issue and everyone will receive their coins.

Okay, I think we've given them long enough to at least respond. Their bounty has been forfeited and will be given to someone else or added to an upcoming giveaway.

Yes, we have. Let me clear things up for you.

• Our Chinese marketing consultant is an experienced Internet marketer who will be promoting piCoin in the Chinese market.
    • Our European marketing consultant is an SEO guy who is optimizing our webpages and sites for search engines
    • Our Korean marketing consultant is a business connection. He will be promoting piCoin in person once we reach that point.
    • Our US marketing consultant is myself, the founder. I'm an entrepreneur and marketer. Maybe I should have made that clearer.
    • Our Indian marketing consultant is handling the actual process of giving out the coins for the giveaways.
    [/list]

Is there a better word than "marketing consultant" to describe all five of those people (the main post in limited in the fact that we have to keep people interested and not bore them to death by listing nonvital details)? Not that I (yes, sometimes it's appropriate to use 'I' and sometimes it's appropriate to use 'we', depending on the situation) know of.

linkedin profiles or that is another claim full of.....

Really?

I am semi-anonymous (I've shared various pieces of information through PM and I'm browsing using my own IP, so I'm sure if people really wanted to find out who I am they could) right now. I would like it to stay that way for now, for a few reasons.

The first reason (and my biggest concern) is for my own personal privacy and the privacy of those I hired. I am not interested in having people know exactly where I live, where I go out to eat, the name of my dentist, the breed of my dog, and my mother's birthday. One of the great benefits of cryptocurrencies is that they protect your privacy when necessary. I'm not going to throw my privacy in the trash because someone wants me to prove that I hired several people to assist in the growth of piCoin.

The second reason (this isn't really an important reason or all that big an issue, but it's worth noting) is that along with all the praise there is always some criticism. It's a lot easier to deal with people attacking something you've created, rather than you personally.

There's a reason the Flappy Bird creator took down his game, even though he was making $50k/day. It can get pretty brutal, even if most comments are positive.

For good measure...

https://i.imgur.com/M7sl9sc.jpg

Lastly, we would like to avoid piCoin having a face. Historically that generally hurts coins instead of helping them.

Now that I've explained why I will not be sharing Linkedin profiles of everyone I'm working with (not that everyone even has a LinkedIn profile - it's not fully global), let me elucidate why it should be very feasible that I am telling the truth.

• There is very little incentive to lie about something like this. So I hired several smart people to help with this coin...ok? If the number of people the founder hired in the development of a coin is your primary factor for deciding whether or not to invest in a coin, you're misguided. I don't think you actually think it makes all that much of a difference, though - I see it as much more likely that you're just looking for something to pick at.
    • Hiring several people for various jobs when launching a coin is not all that unusual. Heck, other people were hired for other jobs with this coin that I haven't even mentioned - for example, we hired a graphic designer for the logo. It's not like I'm saying "10 full-time employees were hired to work out of our New York City office." Everything I've said is very realistic and not all that abnormal for a coin with a good team.
    • piCoin will be promoted offline in the US, Asia, and Europe when the time is right by our marketing consultants and myself (edit: as well as community members like the TheRealSorcerer who are interested in getting involved). We might even hire other people for these tasks, too. We're talking a few months down the road here though, once it has become an established cryptocurrency. Can it conclusively be proven that this is in our growth model? No. You will just have to take our word that the community and ourselves is focused on making piCoin a huge success.

Hi picoin. Can i have my bounty for russian translation
    Thank you

54SijX1fBqPLc4PUSqvZTYoB4qz43skey6

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=513689.0

We're sending out bounties over the next day or two in general. We just sent you 100,000 piCoins, but would you mind changing the title? It still reads as pre-ann.

Hi, I did the translation in Spanish. You offered a reward for that work. My piCoin address is below.

I'd like to add a comment: I'm a mathematician, but I'm actually working as a software engineer. I'm in touch with a community of math teachers who have founded a Museum of Maths. I've talked to them unofficially about the currency and they are thinking of promoting in some way. That's just informal talks but if it ends up working, I'll let you know.

Thanks.

We're very happy to hear about the promotion you are doing. This is exactly the sort of thing we're looking for! Enjoy 20,000 extra piCoins as a thank you for simply reaching out to industry connections. Please keep us updated and let us know if you would like us to get involved.

120,000 piCoins have been sent.

Well my day 1 launch tally is now 7214.7511429 piCoins, that's mining on a single card, less 628 piCoins that it cost to get two transactions out of hashing.at. I liked piCoin on fb and twitter for the giveaway, if those coins come through to my wallet, I might be back to mine piCoin again, Good luck to all  Smiley

We have already begun dispersing giveaway coins. You should get them soon, probably later today or tomorrow (depending on where you live).

Pro tip: Put your piCoin address and a link to this thread in your signature, then participate in the discussion and help out people who are having problems (a good example is nemesisshaw helping ThePatient with his wallet). We might "accidentally" send you some coins. Smiley
    TheRealSorcerer

Activity: 53

View Profile
    March 15, 2014, 07:49:46 AM

Hi, I did the translation in Spanish. You offered a reward for that work. My piCoin address is below.

Thanks.

We're very happy to hear about the promotion you are doing. This is exactly the sort of thing we're looking for! Enjoy 20,000 extra piCoins as a thank you for simply reaching out to industry connections. Please keep us updated and let us know if you would like us to get involved.

120,000 piCoins have been sent.
    We might "accidentally" send you some coins. Smiley

Thank you very much, I'll keep you informed!
    johndec2

Activity: 350

View Profile
    March 15, 2014, 07:53:33 AM

picoinproject.  KGW or your implentation of it is seriously screwing with the coin. It took the whole network nearly 1 1/2 hours to crack Block 907.. The massive jumps from 500+ to less than 20 in just a couple of rounds makes it impossible to mine this coin with any confidence.  It's just too hard to work out if you are doing well or wasting electricity.
    piCoinProject (OP)

View Profile
    March 15, 2014, 08:03:22 AM

i think you're hurting the coin with the giveaways... the price is way too low for this coin on the exchanges... i don't believe miners think that is a fair price for the time and effort they put in getting these rather hard to get coins
    True, we understand your point. It's important that we keep piCoin profitable to mine while also spreading it around and rewarding people who contribute.

The price only goes down if people who are rewarded coins sell. Slowing down a little is something we will consider to avoid hurting the price.

picoinproject.  KGW or your implentation of it is seriously screwing with the coin. It took the whole network nearly 1 1/2 hours to crack Block 907.. The massive jumps from 500+ to less than 20 in just a couple of rounds makes it impossible to mine this coin with any confidence.  It's just too hard to work out if you are doing well or wasting electricity.

We're well aware that things are a little erratic. However, not everyone on our team is in agreement about what exactly the issue is or even if there is an issue. As such, we have reached out to a couple reputable coin developers to provide some oversight and work on an update to make things a little more consistent.
    johndec2

View Profile
    March 15, 2014, 08:15:48 AM

1. A little erratic??
    2. When the ostriches get their heads out of the sand, PM me. In the meantime, I'll go mine POT with my 7.5mh/s.
    sumpool

Activity: 56

View Profile
    March 15, 2014, 08:27:51 AM

Sumpool rest being attacked a lot ddos, restored before 7 hours, now installed ddos protection. Mining normal, sumpool confirm payment of all the blocks.            

http://pi.sumpool.com/index.php?page=statistics&action=blocks

welcome to sumpool.we are Fastest payout
    johndec2

View Profile
    March 15, 2014, 08:36:29 AM

1. A little erratic??
    2. When the ostriches get their heads out of the sand, PM me. In the meantime, I'll go mine POT with my 7.5mh/s.
    Shouldn't be long until your back, if you're going to go mine POT. Those munchies will come on fast and before you know it you'll be looking for some pie.  Cheesy

Smiley very clever
    tertius993

Activity: 1029
    Merit: 712

View Profile
    March 15, 2014, 08:40:08 AM

Sumpool rest being attacked a lot ddos, restored before 7 hours, now installed ddos protection. Mining normal, sumpool confirm payment of all the blocks.            

http://pi.sumpool.com/index.php?page=statistics&action=blocks

welcome to sumpool.we are Fastest payout

LIARS AND CHEATS. SCAMMERS AND COIN STEALERS THIS IS ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE. I HAVEN'T RECEIVED ANY COINS FROM YESTERDAY! ALL LIES DON'T MINE WITH SCAMPOOL

I have received all my coins from Sumpool.  Took a while but they arrived.
    nexus2k14

Activity: 490

View Profile
    March 15, 2014, 08:50:27 AM

31.4 bil coins and I mined 10K in wallet and 16K still unconfirmed shrinked to 12K this morning on allpoolz.com, so in total if I am lucky 22K, It will not cover electricity not mention about any profit.
    tertius993

Activity: 1029
    Merit: 712

View Profile
    March 15, 2014, 08:51:32 AM

It seems like http://pi.sumpool.com/ has problems with sending e-mails... I cant change my settings neither can i send them a message via "contact"...  Anyone here having the same issue?

He has been called out on some shit... and has yet to repay those who he took funds from.

I've been able to change settings and set a payout threshold and address, however, no payout has been forthcoming.  My coins have confirmed and are now well above the threshold.

Have managed to send an email via the contact form but had no response as yet.

Just to close this out, as per my post above all my coins have now been received.
    piCoinProject (OP)

View Profile
    March 15, 2014, 08:59:30 AM

Glad to see sumpool paying out. Once a couple more people confirm we will remove the warning from the main post and send them their bounty along with all the other bounties we are sending out over the next 48 hours.
    ejinte

Activity: 644
    Merit: 500

View Profile
    March 15, 2014, 09:01:09 AM

I've translated please check your inbox and send my 100,000 piCoin

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
      ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
    0.6%-1% House Edge
    nexus2k14

Activity: 490

View Profile
    March 15, 2014, 09:06:46 AM

Glad to see sumpool paying out. Once a couple more people confirm we will remove the warning from the main post and send them their bounty along with all the other bounties we are sending out over the next 48 hours.

I can confirm pi.sumpool.com paid me my balance, unconfirmed coins was for about 7-10h
    znakistu

Activity: 263
    Merit: 100

View Profile
    March 15, 2014, 09:13:50 AM

THis is bullshit. After 12h of mining on http://pi.okaypool.com/ i have 76k coins unconfirmed, price goes down. on 3 mh it's so little reward. plus i have to wait how much to get my coins? 12h + to get my coins? DEVS get your shit together.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
    [   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
    WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
    sumpool

Activity: 56

View Profile
    March 15, 2014, 09:21:13 AM
    Last edit: March 15, 2014, 09:58:19 AM by sumpool

If you do not receive PIcoin SUMPOOL on, set your wallet address. Set need to send mail to you for confirmation, check your junk mail and inbox.
    Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
      Print  

Jump to: