Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:10:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto is a poor form of money for terrorists.  (Read 2121 times)
mangsitin

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 11:24:41 PM

Yes, it's terrible if Bitcoin is used for crimes like those used by terrorists because of their need to commit crime. But in this case there are 2 elements that continue to coexist, namely positive and negative elements. So if we use Bitcoin with positive things, then it's very good. And if it is used to kill people like terrorists then that is a negative element. Because it cannot be avoided, Bitcoin was born in the world of the Internet and is anonymous that can be accessed by anyone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Impulseboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 12:41:19 AM

If those countries choose to ba fiat, do you not think these terrorist wont rely on the next best thing that allows them anonymous transactions? If they get the chance, they will probably rely on crypto as well due to its anonymity. On the other hand, if they start using cryptocurrencies and the word gets out, then it might drive people away from joining the crypto world.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 01:33:48 AM

I don't want to stay against Bitcoin or to blame it, but it's a fact terrorists can benefit themselves from Crypto, no doubts about it. It's true they can't buy useful necessary items with Crypto-Currency, but it's a smart way to send money abroad, to fund allied countries and friends. It can work like a parallel financial market operated by criminals from different countries. Not impossible to be tracked and discovered by skilled intelligence agencies anyway.
Come on dude, it's a secret that everyone knows, that's why many governments forbid the use of bitcoin because transactions are untraceable, making it difficult to investigate many problems like terrorists or money laundering? I'm not vilifying bitcoin but that's the fact, but whatever it is, I still use bitcoin
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 01:41:42 AM

It’s true underworld peoples are using crypto for their internal transaction because no one can control this crypto market even government also can't control this market. That’s why al Qaeda and Islamic State and other terrorist groups are using crypto.

What a stupidity noob,you don’t even read the topic and making your comment here

OP is pointing that the terrorist are harder to accessing cryptocurrency becauseof their lack of tools,and seeing this post means that the negativity regarding cryptocurrency are being abused and used by terrorist group is lessen,though theres some conflict because they are technologically capable of everything just to finance and support their illegal activities
Sam San

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 05:55:20 PM

Yes, it's terrible if Bitcoin is used for crimes like those used by terrorists because of their need to commit crime. But in this case there are 2 elements that continue to coexist, namely positive and negative elements. So if we use Bitcoin with positive things, then it's very good. And if it is used to kill people like terrorists then that is a negative element. Because it cannot be avoided, Bitcoin was born in the world of the Internet and is anonymous that can be accessed by anyone.
a tablespoon lying on the dining table can be used by terrorists let's ban spoons. this also applies to bitcoin, which cannot be an instrument of terrorism.  this is just a tool for mutual settlements of any people, similar to Fiat.

vagsun

Activity: 334

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:25:49 PM

Yes, Crypto is a poor form of money for terrorists. Terrorists purchase their all items in cash. The reason that why don't they transact online is that they are purchasing illegal items such as arms , bombs and various types of guns. Crypto is totally online , so they can't afford to transact online.
Secondly most of the terrorist are from rural areas, and those areas are not having better internet connections.

◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕    ██  Twitter  ██      ██  Telegram  ██  ◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕
█████ BRIDGING MARKETS █████
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
richman3451

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2018, 07:35:09 PM

Of course, Bitcoin and cryptocurrency can be used and not for peaceful purposes, but from this one can’t go anywhere the dollar and other currencies are also used by different people and groups, the dollar doesn’t forbid why
LyQaN

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:56:22 PM

its answer is actually both yes and no.

yes- Because the reason you mentioned

no- terrorist are not always of single or belong to just a certain group ,sometimes large corporations ,governments are involved ,then it can be used to trade illegal activites because they have power to do so too,anonymity of it also helps

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
CoinsGazer

Activity: 104
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 12:54:20 AM

People are worried that cryptocurrencies may be used for terrorist activities, but terrorists have failed many bitcoin financing attempts, and cash is still much more useful for terrorists. However, despite the fact that terrorist organizations may not have achieved much success in cryptocurrency, there are reports that several white supremacist groups around the world are gaining success in encryption fundraising and payment.
gesdan

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 01:19:32 AM

i think terrorist use bitcoin when they want to transfer the big amount into other organization that has a long distance from them, as I know they still use the fiat currency, not only bitcoin. be careful

KonstantinosM

Activity: 1492
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 03:54:15 AM

It's interesting to see that crypto is not being utilized by terrorists.

I'm consistently surprised by how incompetent terrorists are. We'd all like to imagine that we're facing a silent threat of genius level people devoted to their religion and to the death of their enemies using every tool effectively to get to us.

But as it turns out, it's mostly just dumb people that don't represent a credible threat to anyone but themselves and their own countries. No wonder they are failing to use crypto.

Also, we have to be careful not to needlessly concede that terrorists using bitcoin is somehow a good argument against bitcoin. The same shit was said about the Internet when everyone in their media and the brain-dead followers were saying that the Internet is just a fad.

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
MMS2017

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 05:28:39 AM

Crypto currency is useful for every one and most of the people who knows blockchain technology they can use bitcoin and crypto but it is very difficult for the terrorist to understand crypto and it is not easy to withdraw huge amounts of crypto for terrorists.

❰❰❰ GREENPAPER █████   TERRAGREEN   █████  ANN THREAD ❱❱❱
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
Telegram Twitter    ICO Website    Reddit    Medium
cybernetik7

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 06:11:50 AM

Although a few people use crypto for illegal activities,  it is exaggerated by governments to make people keep away from crypto. I think, cash (espesially USD) is mostly used for the criminal activities. Because they can be tracked if they use crypto.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
maxilopez

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 08:23:53 AM

Yes, this is all bad, of course, but it seems to me that all this talk about the fact that it is impossible to track down people who transferred cryptocurrency and about its anonymity is a complete nonsense. if you wish, all this can be done easily

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
andriw

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 08:38:02 AM

I think that is not entirely true, because there are so many terrorists in my country who were arrested around people's homes and urban areas, they disguised themselves as ordinary civilians, they also assembled bombs in that place. And access to the internet and technology is also wide open, don't think that terrorists only inhabit at desert areas, forests and hills. they are around us, beware!
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 09:21:07 AM

I think that is not entirely true, because there are so many terrorists in my country who were arrested around people's homes and urban areas, they disguised themselves as ordinary civilians, they also assembled bombs in that place. And access to the internet and technology is also wide open, don't think that terrorists only inhabit at desert areas, forests and hills. they are around us, beware!

true but that still doesn't make bitcoin the best form of money they can use. and this topic's discussion is exactly about that. despite what the media wants to convince you about, bitcoin is not used by terrorists because of the traceablity and other problems that it will cause whereas using something like US dollar which is accepted everywhere and is anonymous is a lot easier.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
niteroy

Activity: 476
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 06:56:38 AM

Cryptocurrencies are suitable for any type of activity and can be used by altruists for charitable missions or criminals to commit crimes. Dollars are also used by everyone, but this does not make them a harmful means of payment that should be prohibited. Yes, maybe it will negatively affect crypto, but I believe that this will never become a critical problem due to which people will become afraid of cryptocurrencies.
Dasha88fed

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 02:30:57 PM

true but that still doesn't make bitcoin the best form of money they can use. and this topic's discussion is exactly about that. despite what the media wants to convince you about, bitcoin is not used by terrorists because of the traceablity and other problems that it will cause whereas using something like US dollar which is accepted everywhere and is anonymous is a lot easier.
It’s true that using a dollar is much easier and transferring money from one person to another is not recorded anywhere and is not recorded, which cannot be said about Bitcoin, in which all transactions are recorded in the blockchain and saved there forever. Therefore, I believe that this is just another search for non-existent cons of cryptocurrencies.
tranle1267

Activity: 182

Looking to the future and control myself

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 03:06:31 PM

i think it's only true a apart, the bitcoin is use by crime to money laundering or by something that can not buy by money. Now i think bitcoin mostly use to trading or exchange, or holding to wait and earn more profit .
Elerntta

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 08:38:20 PM

I do not understand where the opinion came from that bitcoin is a currency for terrorists and scammers. They are quite successful in using dollars and other conventional currencies.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: