Bitcoin Forum
July 28, 2024, 10:15:21 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto is a poor form of money for terrorists.  (Read 2122 times)
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 01:42:41 AM

some terrorists do have to use cash for their transactions. but it is not impossible with crypto anonymity, they will switch to crypto to make transactions.
EllieBasti05

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 02:12:05 AM

But they can use their money to invest in cryptocurrency using other people. They can hire a man or a woman with a great knowledge in blockchain technology. Remember terorrist are being funded by someone who is being greedy just to get more money.

They can buy more computers and hire elite hackers for crypto currency. Uses poor people in exchange of their money to work for them. They can adopt technology because of money they have. But it depends on them because cryptocurrency can be easily traced and can monitor them if it is use for illegal transactions.
haidil

Activity: 784
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 02:22:38 AM

I think this is the main reason why the government rejects bitcoin because they are worried about the misuse of bitcoin being used in crime and terrorism

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
PalindromemordnilaP

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 03:30:40 AM

In lieu with the fiat currencies, terrorist can easily purchase weapons without them carrying bag full of cash and in danger of being caught up. This is what the reason why some countries like France declared a total ban of cryptos to offset terrorism activities and will somehow enforce their country's security against it.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 06:17:04 AM

In the past, there were isolated incidents of terrorists trying to get funding in the form of crypto. But things didn't worked out for them, as the intelligence agencies arrested those who were behind this. And then, obviously there are logistical issues such as obtaining weapons and equipment in exchange of BTC.
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 06:26:24 AM

I think mainly rogue regimes like NORTH KOREA are really into the crypto currency and Bitcoin farming through hacking and stealing from exchanges etc. Other kinds of smaller terrorist organizations probably do not have where to spend the currency in their home countries which have poor infrastructures in this field. I think once more and more countries adopt blockchain and can move around money freely through these crypto currencies and Bitcoin, then maybe some terrorists will decide to use Bitcoin for illegal purposes. I still think for now though that it is less likely.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
taliwang

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 06:33:21 AM

I have heard this issue, he said these terrorists use cryptocurrency for funding and are used for transactions between countries because the cryptocurrency can be sent from anywhere without the government being able to control and when making withdrawals I am sure they will use a clean identity or also want to use fake identity to give the effect of administrators at the exchange place so that they can withdraw funds.
ufalo3

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 02:14:52 PM

I think this is the main reason why the government rejects bitcoin because they are worried about the misuse of bitcoin being used in crime and terrorism

The statistic says that less than 1-2% of these terrorists use the cryptocurrencies. That is why no one can refuse from using the cryptos as they are not for the criminal purposes only.
Sithawaka

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 03:13:12 PM

There are no proper and solid evidence to prove that today terrorist organizations are using cryptocurrencies to do there dirty work and even with or without cryptocurencies they will be doing the same cruel things but this topic was often discussed due to the decentralized nature of bitcoin and other digital assets because unlike fiat transactions no governments or centralized organization can track there transactions to confiscate black money 

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
Snyderfx2

Activity: 351
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 03:27:33 PM

the terrorist organisations uses fiat currency too,  so crypto shouldnt been seen as an aid to terrorrism, terrorism has been here, long before cryptocurrencies came into being, and they have also been funded before crypto was invented.

Of course most individuals and groups in government and other organizations point out that crypto can aid terrorism by allowing them to hide there money using the blockchain network and bitcoin and other crypto wallets but majority of criminal organizations are using fiat money without any problem at the moment and governments has failed to stop them permanently so I don't see any fact why crypto should be blamed regarding this matter

TelegramTwitter ❰❰❰❰❰❰  TERRAGREEN  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ Reddit  ● Medium
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●  GREENPAPER  ●  ICO Website  ●  ANN THREAD  ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
bangkecol

Merit: 314

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 06:00:07 PM

terrorism is a different problem, terrorism was born decades ago, there is no significant correlation between the growth of terrorism and bitcoin.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2464
Merit: 275

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 06:10:12 PM

It is wrong that the terrorists were still hideout in the sand deserts because everything changed now a lot the people who at the higher official may also be a terrorist they are everywhere now so just leave those idiotic comparision but alo they have lot of high secured accounts in digital money as well which is controlled by them with the name of others so they don't really need bitcoin too.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
VanityWallets2015

Activity: 1498
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 07:13:58 PM

Crypto is a poor form of money for jihadists because they usually need to purchase goods with cash often in areas with unreliable technology.

According to this Forbes article

So they don't have computers, bitcoin merchants, fibre optics or 4G coverage in the dusty dessert or hideout hills.

According to Yaya Fanusie, director of analysis for the Foundation For Defense of Democracies Center on Sanctions and Illicit Finance: “Cold hard cash is still king"

So will they ban cash to prevent terrorism ? That would be some good hype to get the next bull run started !

According to the Forbes article a group called Mujahideen Shura Council (MSC) in the Environs of Jerusalem - was able to lure only two contributions for a total of a little over $500 in weeks of a 2016 online campaign. MSC sounds like a Microsoft certification. Perhaps the contributions were accidental and two suckers are still waiting for their online courses.

So not only is it terrible to use for the terrorists - their supporters appear to be crypto broke too.

Sounds like a business opportunity for a gun dealer to accept jihad coin. Make sure to use escrow. You cannot trust terrorists.
We all are familiar with millions of advantages of bitcoin and we all are even getting benefited by bitcoin and now according to current statistics there are millions of people around the world who are investing into bitcoin but we all know this that with all great advantages there also comes some disadvantages and being decentralised is its biggest disadvantage that there is no such proper authentic regulating body over the bitcoin and thus leading to its illegal use like in selling drugs, explosives, money laundering etc.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Sarastiche

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 07:50:48 PM

Terrorists has been in operation long before the existence of cryptocurrency, therefore government cannot term crypto as an aid to terrorist organization, I feel it is because of the privacy of transaction with cryptocurreny as Government agency do not have access to the flow of digital currency reason why they term it as an illegal currency.
Sam San

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 09:05:28 PM

any cash is easier to use than cryptocurrencies. cryptocurrency will still have to be exchanged for cash to buy something, when it is much easier to transfer ordinary paper money and use them in illegal activities.

Rozita

Merit: 108

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 09:12:28 PM

any cash is easier to use than cryptocurrencies. cryptocurrency will still have to be exchanged for cash to buy something, when it is much easier to transfer ordinary paper money and use them in illegal activities.

No, though cash have been always used for crimes, that's not easy when we are talking about big amounts of money. Using bitcoin is much easier.
bangkecol

Merit: 314

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 09:21:57 PM

This is very worrying because this system is anonymously used by anyone, even a terrorist for payment on the black market
bloodyvio

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 09:27:28 PM

but now every exchange that provides fiat pair requires users to do KYC
so this will help the government to monitor users
and also they have to sell their bitcoin to fiat first before they can buy various weapons, this takes longer than they get funds with fiat money
that's why bitcoin is not suitable for terrorists

blueteam09

Activity: 664
Merit: 100

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 09:31:46 PM

A cryptocurrency is an option for illegal transactions in this world. But this does not mean that it makes the world worse. The use of FIAT for illegal sales is still taking place every day, and you can not say all because of Crypto.

Rozita

Merit: 108

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 09:35:00 PM

but now every exchange that provides fiat pair requires users to do KYC
so this will help the government to monitor users
and also they have to sell their bitcoin to fiat first before they can buy various weapons, this takes longer than they get funds with fiat money
that's why bitcoin is not suitable for terrorists

And that's why governments don't want bitcoin to become a payment system. If bitcoin is used as a payment system, people don't need to change their bitcoin to fiat first.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: