Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:07:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A Billion People Will Be Using Cryptocurrency in 5 Years: Brian Armstrong  (Read 24033 times)
Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 03:03:45 AM

Mr. Armstrong is really excited about cryptos. It would be a dream if 1 billion people used or invested in cryptos in 5 years. The market would certainly be being valued at a few tens of trillions of dollars
Forget about the value of cryptocurrencies if so many people used cryptocurrencies in their everyday lives that means that finally we will be capable of using our cryptocurrencies in almost every single businesses that we could imagine, I do not know about you but that to me is a dream come true.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bummm

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 03:22:12 AM

It is more likely to happen in coming 5 years, if bitcoin survives with its stability then more probably more than 1 billion peoples will be using bitcoin as payment.

I also believe that it will happen in 5 years or, probably, a bit later. Bitcoin is gaining the popularity. It seems like the truth that a billion will be using this cryptocurrency so soon.
xbossJ

Activity: 278
Merit: 5

Invest and play

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 06:01:49 AM

Affirmative!! The market might seemingly be in pause mode, but that doesn't me the technology is dead! It is breaking ground almost everywhere! I for one think there is a major recovery in sight, because its happened not once, or twice but about 5 times in the 10years of $Bitcoin! People are beginning to research about cryptocurrencies and $Bitcoin, which is why in the next 5 years people who would be using crypto would 100x, the number could even be more since everyone want ease of doing business as possible as it can be!

Faireum.io   Pre-Sale: 25 March 2019  
────  Invest / Play ...Or why not both?
Coindevil

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 09:38:42 AM

i'm sure it will happen .crypto is spreading around world in largely day by day.
JackyChu

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 09:40:56 AM

A Billion People Will Be Using Cryptocurrency in 5 Years: Brian Armstrong
The world of money is revolutionizing in front of our eyes. Cryptocurrency is creating new paradigms for alternative payment systems and decentralized banking. There is no doubt that the user adoption of various cryptocurrencies is rapidly increasing. The cryptocurrency industry has become more fluid as the borders between it and mainstream finance continue to blur. At the same time, regulators are spending long hours at work to regulate the booming circle of crypto-enthusiasts.

It could be one of the prime reasons why Brian Armstrong believes crypto-adoption will increase at an astronomical pace in the next half-decade.

The Coinbase chief executive was responding to a question about cryptocurrency’s international outreach at TechCrunch Disrupt in San Francisco, to which he predicted that 1 billion people would eventually be using cryptocurrencies in the next five years.

Armstrong believes a growing number of cryptocurrency companies will contribute to the overall crypto ecosystem growth. These companies, under a regulated environment, will issue their tokens backed by their respective market caps. In a way, these institutionalized digital assets will prove to be an alternative investment system in addition to equities.

“It makes sense that any company out there who has a cap table should have their token,” Armstrong said. “Every open source project, every charity, potentially every fund or these new types of decentralized organizations [and] apps, they’re all going to have their tokens.”

Coinbase, the U.S. company Armstrong heads, is one of the world’s largest bitcoin and altcoin exchanges by trading volume. They have only recently entered the U.K. markets to tap the growing crypto-user base in the country. Previously, it had been working actively in the U.S. and Europe, and it has amassed over 13 million users to date. That makes it 32.5 percent of the overall crypto-users — arguably, anyway.

Armstrong plans to expand Coinbase to more global territories. They have recently announced their plans to open new offices in Africa.
https://www.ccn.com/a-billion-people-will-be-using-cryptocurrency-in-5-years-brian-armstrong/
I have no doubt on the prediction. In my opinion, this prediction will soon come true in near future.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 09:52:56 AM

I also belive a billion of people will be using cryptocurrency in next five years. Day by day people attract on cryptocurrency because now crypto currency is the most profitable platform. So I think easily brian armstrong predict come true.
Not only about profitable from the investment side, but also very helpful for the problem of financial transactions worldwide, of course the development of bitcoin will continue to advance because many people will definitely be interested in this technology, but to reach a certain number of users, I can't be sure when the number of bitcoins will reach A billion users
jademaxxiss012

Activity: 308
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2018, 10:00:09 AM

This is still speculation to make bitcoin hype. Well it will be a good thing to have posted this and hopefully that it could be true. I can't really expect on it to happen but at least if this is the start to make a bitcoin hype to start. However, 5 years is too long for me. I wish it could down to 2 years.
IndigoRed

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 12:21:21 AM

Personally, I'm also convinced that cryptocurrency will soon become a full-fledged part of our life. I believe that there is no other way now. Crypto currencies prove their worth every day. They are convenient to use and have a number of advantages compared to fiat money.

Exactly. We are at a digital age and it only makes sense to embrace a digital currency. Not doing so will be like taking a huge step backward. What crypto though would be capable of becoming a global currency?
Devawnm367

Activity: 1022
Merit: 144

Penguin Party 🐟

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 05:26:20 AM

If a billion people gets involved with the market then it might be a good thing because that would mean that there will be a billion times more demand for the coins in the market compared to what it holds now. The market will then be at a better place than it is now.

Yes but with the growing demand of coins and new projects coming out everyday, Bitcoin could one day be replaced by something bigger and better! I do not ever believe it will crash but I do believe one day it may be a less chosen currency!

𝕻𝖊𝖓𝖌𝖚𝖎𝖓 𝕾𝖜𝛼𝖕
PENGUIN PARTY BAITSHOP!
Swap, Pool, Stake, or Vote
brooklynian

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 12:11:41 PM

More than a billion people is possible within the next five years. The major challenge I see here is adoption. By the time a huge number of merchants adopt bitcoin, people from all over the world will be naturally compelled to use cryptocurrency for payments.
Atomic.2017

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 12:22:07 PM

That's great news but still a lot far from having everyone in the world use it but that's not bad at all. Perhaps in 15 to 25 years, cryptos will be the only currency to exist. With the support of huge organizations like this one and individual investors, it's not impossible to happen, right?
Markus12

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 12:28:03 PM

I am absolutely convinced that Crypto will be so popular in 5-10 years and billions of people will use it as we use the usual money today.
Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 03:02:37 AM

More than a billion people is possible within the next five years. The major challenge I see here is adoption. By the time a huge number of merchants adopt bitcoin, people from all over the world will be naturally compelled to use cryptocurrency for payments.
No, it is not possible, there are estimates that put the current number of bitcoin users at less than 10 million and you want that number to increase many times over in the time span of only 5 years? It is not going to happen and we need to accept that.
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 02:41:53 PM

As quoted by Brian Armstrong in Business Insider (https://www.businessinsider.sg/bitcoin-price-change-coinbase-pep-talk-2018-6/?r=US&IR=T),
“It can be scary the first time you see it, but to us who have been in the industry for many years, it feels like old news,”
So this statement isn’t surprising if a few years later people will use bitcoin. More people are investing money to bitcoin every day. This shows a positive balance in the implementing the idea that cryptocurrency is normal.
irenegaming

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 02:44:57 PM

It is an approximate quite moderate, taking into account that now almost everyone at least knows bitcoin and for what it serves, of course there are still many doubts to clear out to the common folks, but it is not absurd that in 5 years we reach a billion users, that would be immense for this ecosystem.

oly4life
Copper Member

Activity: 230

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 05:00:20 PM

I think more than a billion will be using cryptocurrency by then as news about it is getting more popular and much people already putting more interest in it
gulshan1

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 06:47:12 PM

Due to lack of knowledge,awareness and faith on the crypto, people are not using crypto in daily use and it will take some time. Growth in the crypto is very fast and in the coming few couple of years, it will definitely that billion people will use in every transaction for money. Brian Armstrong is telling hundred percent true and it will be happened in the future.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
zhanyiguai261315

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 10:16:29 AM

Blockchain technology will change the future of the society, and more people will invest in the blockchain in the future!
Blockchain applications can produce the most direct and effective applications in digital cryptocurrencies!
Attisob

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 12:18:36 PM

There is no doubt about the fact that Crypto-currency is the currency of the future. As a matter of fact, that  future is already here. Drawing inference from Brian Armstrong's assertion, in the next five years at least one in seven persons globally would be actively using cryptocurrency. This assertion would be attained perhaps surpassing it owing to the fact that in this the 21 century people are crazy about Speed, Reliability and Efficiency. These are daily being withdrawn from the traditional banking industry. While cryptocurrency operates at jet speed while guaranteeing these key features.

Indeed, it would be cryptocurrency all the WAY.
btc78

Activity: 2492
Merit: 212

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 12:44:41 PM

This is not far from reality as the popularity of cryptocurrencies in the whole universe is continue to spread,more an more people are gettin interests on what,how and why they may gain or use crypto from the virtual to real world.imagine how huge amount people invested in here last 2017. AND large we can get in the newr future.so billion people is not impossible to attain

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: