Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:20:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Cryptocurrency Job Market Is Exploding (Infographic)  (Read 388 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 06:36:37 PM

Interesting is how I notice that more well stacked "regular" coders that I used to do business with are no longer interested in their main roadmap to eventually work for companies as Google, but strictly to dive into everything that's blockchain related. Some of them have had the opportunity to create a startup themselves with the easy help of raising funds through an ICO.

It's insane how simple startups with just an idea managed to raise millions in funds in just a matter of days, and these are exactly the startups trying to attract the best coders by paying them ridiculous amounts of money. The only problem I see with this is that everything looks fantastic when the crypto market is going up, but the same startups have become incredibly fragile during the current bear market that will probably last for a couple of more months at least.

The real growth numbers will become visible (in 2019) once we get to see some actual statistics over the entire year of 2018. Till that time, take everything with a truck load of salt.

---

I don't get it, why do some people feel the need to quote the entire OP? Cut that out.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nolimitz84

Activity: 980
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 06:54:04 PM

I think it's a decent salary.The blockchain technology and cryptocurrency is a new niche for employment.I am sure that in the coming years the professions related to this industry will be in the TOP 10

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
PROJECT'S ACCELERATOR
&
INVESTMENT PLATFORM

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
noah tall

Activity: 524
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:58:44 AM

Not surprised at all. Average programming salary in the US is around $70,000. Now, with these programming positions related to blockhain development, your base salary is already higher. And, not to forget that these jobs could easily be among the top jobs for the future. So you are in a great position from the start. Even if you have no technical knowledge, these alternative job positions look very interesting. It is fascinating to read that some bankers who know what's going on in they crypto space are leaving for crypto.
I am never surprised that bankers will obviously at the end of the day come to face terms with reality and see the need for them to start shifting gears towards the crypto space. This is the future and unless for some people who simply just want to discard that fact, nothing is going to change it.
Jobs are increasing, people are getting well and easily paid for their skills, over time, with this kind of development, we will start seeing the space being more used for remote works and thus increase the demand for it, so I believe what we are seeing now is so little to what is coming in the future.

hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2147

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 11:16:17 AM

Of course cryptocurrency job market is exploding since the crypto market has been growing like crazy, and even though we're in bear market there's still a ton of activity.

But I don't see it as an entirely positive thing, because the market seriously lacks in fundamentals - a lot of money were poured in, and yet there is very little working products, very little users who use coins besides investing. The market will very likely crash, and almost all those crypto jobs will be gone, and the bad part is that people who have spent their money and time getting blockchain-related certificates will be in a loss.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
StacksCity
Copper Member

Activity: 38
Merit: 7

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 05:50:22 AM

Since this thread was created in Sept 2018, could you share some infographic related to the situation of 2018 other than 2016? Thank you.
bayu7adi

Activity: 1414
Merit: 545

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2018, 06:09:04 AM

That is still true a year ago, where a lot of people started to be curious about blockchain and Bitcoin when the price of Bitcoin touched 18k USD, and ETH 1400 USD
and as time went on, many people gave up, because after 18k, Bitcoin no longer rises, but now it drops to 3400 USD per BTC
everyone is disappointed by bitcoin, so now many are leaving bitcoin
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 10:47:05 AM

Interesting is how I notice that more well stacked "regular" coders that I used to do business with are no longer interested in their main roadmap to eventually work for companies as Google, but strictly to dive into everything that's blockchain related. Some of them have had the opportunity to create a startup themselves with the easy help of raising funds through an ICO.

It's insane how simple startups with just an idea managed to raise millions in funds in just a matter of days, and these are exactly the startups trying to attract the best coders by paying them ridiculous amounts of money. The only problem I see with this is that everything looks fantastic when the crypto market is going up, but the same startups have become incredibly fragile during the current bear market that will probably last for a couple of more months at least.

The real growth numbers will become visible (in 2019) once we get to see some actual statistics over the entire year of 2018. Till that time, take everything with a truck load of salt.

---

I don't get it, why do some people feel the need to quote the entire OP? Cut that out.
Remember this infographic is from 2017, the job market is not as amazing as last year unfortunately. It is still amazing for people who are coders and find a local job listing because the chances are if you know blockchain coding and there is a listing near you there are not many people who can do what you do and that's why you will find a job very easily and get paid handsomely (unless its silicon valley, there are many coders there).

Designers, writers, sales and all that type of jobs are getting less and less overtime unfortunately since the market is is collapsing furiously. There are not that many jobs left because there are not many new business starting on crypto and the ones that started either already have people working for them or look for just additions.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: