Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:18:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Shit Bitcoin Fanatics Say  (Read 8269 times)
tzortz

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:31:56 AM

Good job!

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 11:07:33 AM

Good job!

Indeed Smiley I like this clip a lot - already seen it plenty times Smiley

Cheers!
BitcoinGirl325 (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 04:06:17 PM

BTW, what's your bitcoin address in case I get generous while reading the rest of this nice thread? Also, if possible, what state are you located in, albeit I'm pretty sure I could dig it up? I'm in Illinois, and would love to meet up with this dude.

Thanks so much for your generosity, Phinnaeus! I know that Scott will be very grateful for your donation! His bitcoin address is: 13PkPhfTKJDBQWm9bZp4nJCFvyWDsD4dM1

We currently live in Austin, Texas. If you know of any local Bitcoin enthusiasts in Austin who have a good sense of humor, he's hoping to do another bitcoin comedy video later this year and would love to find some local Bitcoin lovers & comedy writers to help him co-write the next video.

If you enjoyed my post or found it helpful, please feel free to donate BTC to me at: 15UKsghaHeLAtidySEHmPXBWRjBMM1Tw4u
BitcoinGirl325 (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 04:32:53 PM

at 6:59 when asked by the host about his occupation he says

"i'm originally from chicago, and now i own a computing and consultancy firm in los angeles"

chicago checks out on his bio, but "computing and consultancy firm"?

I would have thought he would have mentioned that to the show host, "I'm an actor and have recently been involved with..." or was he in character as an actor during the show? Or was he really also the owner of a computing and consultancy firm and appearing in feature films at the same time?

Scott has been running his computer business www.ScottWorld.com since 1992. That's what pays his bills, not the acting! Smiley

Los Angeles is a completely different world. Almost everybody in Los Angeles is an aspiring actor. Acting does not typically pay the bills. (For example, Scott made a grand total of $500 for his role in High Voltage, then got a residual check for $200 a few years later. That was it!)

Almost everyone in Los Angeles -- even down to the taxi drivers and the gardeners and the dentists -- is an aspiring actor. Scott has a standup comedy joke about how his dentist had a headshot of himself on the ceiling, so while the dentist was working on your teeth, you would be staring at his headshot. Particularly effective if you were an agent or casting director sitting in the dentist's chair. Same with the eye doctor… instead of looking at a normal eye chart to test your vision, you would be testing your vision with the eye doctor's acting resume: C -- S -- I -- N -- Y

All the game shows (which are all filmed in Los Angeles) have extremely strict rules that you are prohibited from mentioning that you are an actor on the air. This is for at least 3 reasons:

(1) It would make it seem like the game shows are scripted or rigged, even though they are not anymore (ever since the Quiz Show scandals of the 1950's). All game shows are carefully monitored by the Federal Government during all tapings. There is always a federal government watchdog employee present at every game show taping. The Federal Government has an entire game show regulations division.

(2) It could be considered solicitation for acting work from the viewing audience. Game show regulations require that the contestants are not allowed to promote anything on the air, nor can they ask for work on the air. This is also why you never see anybody on any game shows wearing corporate logos on their shirts: it's not allowed. This is ALSO why contestants always *GENERICALLY* state what they do on game shows. For example, they never say, "I work at Apple Computer." They always say something like "I work at a nationwide computer manufacturer." You will never hear a game show contestant specifically state the name of a company or product.

(3) It would also make for an extremely boring show if people could state they were an actor. Every single person in the audience is very likely an aspiring actor. At least 95% of the audience is probably aspiring actors. It would leave nothing for the host & the contestant to chit-chat about. Game shows want people who are very expressive with their emotions on-camera, so they reach out to the acting communities to get actors to audition for their shows. Actors are also very likely to be struggling for money, which gives them even more reasons to want to be on game shows! Scott had to go through 3 days of auditions before he was even allowed to sit in the audience for that game show. They put you through on-camera improvisational speaking games, they make you play samples of the game, etc. Many people do NOT make the cut. (Price is Right is different… they are the only game show that does very quick auditions immediately before the show starts taping… but they still do auditions.) Once Scott got selected to be in the audience for the real taping of the game show, the rest is up to luck & chance & skill. In other words, once the game show starts filming, it becomes a real game of chance & skill. Nothing is scripted or pre-determined.

Hope this sheds some light on the wacky world of Los Angeles!

If you enjoyed my post or found it helpful, please feel free to donate BTC to me at: 15UKsghaHeLAtidySEHmPXBWRjBMM1Tw4u
BitcoinGirl325 (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 04:33:41 PM

Good job!

Indeed Smiley I like this clip a lot - already seen it plenty times Smiley

Cheers!

Yay! Smiley

jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 05:00:55 PM

You had me laughing.  Great job!

BitcoinGirl325 (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 05:25:20 PM

You had me laughing.  Great job!

Grin

leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 05:34:38 PM

that is so hilarious I almost slipped off my chair laughing

now I'm all wound up  Grin Cheesy Kiss

Truth is the new hatespeech.
Carl Quesadilla

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 05:36:08 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E0m0Gcblp0&feature=kp
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 06:42:05 PM

that is so hilarious I almost slipped off my chair laughing

now I'm all wound up  Grin Cheesy Kiss

hehhee Smiley you forgot always to be secure Smiley most of accidents happens at home Wink
ns12123

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:51:42 PM

This videos have so much to offer, and it's fun watching.

Thanks a lot!
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 06:59:32 PM

We say THIS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFDe5kUUyT0

and THIS:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlYojsi3Zqw

and THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YR4CseY9pk

and THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLCEXtpTNYU

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 07:00:22 PM

We currently live in Austin, Texas. If you know of any local Bitcoin enthusiasts in Austin who have a good sense of humor, he's hoping to do another bitcoin comedy video later this year and would love to find some local Bitcoin lovers & comedy writers to help him co-write the next video.

I live in San Antonio and sometimes try to be funny. I'd love to help. I can be reached via PM here, the contact page at BitBrew and I occasionally attend the Austin Bitcoin meetup.

Still around.
g4c

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 08:01:03 PM

at 6:59 when asked by the host about his occupation he says

"i'm originally from chicago, and now i own a computing and consultancy firm in los angeles"

chicago checks out on his bio, but "computing and consultancy firm"?

I would have thought he would have mentioned that to the show host, "I'm an actor and have recently been involved with..." or was he in character as an actor during the show? Or was he really also the owner of a computing and consultancy firm and appearing in feature films at the same time?

Scott has been running his computer business www.ScottWorld.com since 1992. That's what pays his bills, not the acting! Smiley

Los Angeles is a completely different world. Almost everybody in Los Angeles is an aspiring actor. Acting does not typically pay the bills. (For example, Scott made a grand total of $500 for his role in High Voltage, then got a residual check for $200 a few years later. That was it!)

Almost everyone in Los Angeles -- even down to the taxi drivers and the gardeners and the dentists -- is an aspiring actor. Scott has a standup comedy joke about how his dentist had a headshot of himself on the ceiling, so while the dentist was working on your teeth, you would be staring at his headshot. Particularly effective if you were an agent or casting director sitting in the dentist's chair. Same with the eye doctor… instead of looking at a normal eye chart to test your vision, you would be testing your vision with the eye doctor's acting resume: C -- S -- I -- N -- Y

All the game shows (which are all filmed in Los Angeles) have extremely strict rules that you are prohibited from mentioning that you are an actor on the air. This is for at least 3 reasons:

(1) It would make it seem like the game shows are scripted or rigged, even though they are not anymore (ever since the Quiz Show scandals of the 1950's). All game shows are carefully monitored by the Federal Government during all tapings. There is always a federal government watchdog employee present at every game show taping. The Federal Government has an entire game show regulations division.

(2) It could be considered solicitation for acting work from the viewing audience. Game show regulations require that the contestants are not allowed to promote anything on the air, nor can they ask for work on the air. This is also why you never see anybody on any game shows wearing corporate logos on their shirts: it's not allowed. This is ALSO why contestants always *GENERICALLY* state what they do on game shows. For example, they never say, "I work at Apple Computer." They always say something like "I work at a nationwide computer manufacturer." You will never hear a game show contestant specifically state the name of a company or product.

(3) It would also make for an extremely boring show if people could state they were an actor. Every single person in the audience is very likely an aspiring actor. At least 95% of the audience is probably aspiring actors. It would leave nothing for the host & the contestant to chit-chat about. Game shows want people who are very expressive with their emotions on-camera, so they reach out to the acting communities to get actors to audition for their shows. Actors are also very likely to be struggling for money, which gives them even more reasons to want to be on game shows! Scott had to go through 3 days of auditions before he was even allowed to sit in the audience for that game show. They put you through on-camera improvisational speaking games, they make you play samples of the game, etc. Many people do NOT make the cut. (Price is Right is different… they are the only game show that does very quick auditions immediately before the show starts taping… but they still do auditions.) Once Scott got selected to be in the audience for the real taping of the game show, the rest is up to luck & chance & skill. In other words, once the game show starts filming, it becomes a real game of chance & skill. Nothing is scripted or pre-determined.

Hope this sheds some light on the wacky world of Los Angeles!

Wow thanks for the comprehensive answer!

I know a few people from Los Angeles, but their not aspiring actors, they do like films though. Perhaps it's not so common in the more suburban areas.

Anyway Scotts a good actor!

P.S.

It's a shame the video wasn't:

"The shit people say about fiat", could have been so funny like "It's backed by gold you know!" etc. I feel that would have been more beneficial to promoting bitcoin.

As it stands I feel the video is not good for Bitcoin. But hey, we live in an upside down world I guess, interwebz and all!

CORTEX7 Multi exchange Bitcoin trading client for Win, Mac, Nix, Android.
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 09:57:37 PM

This videos have so much to offer, and it's fun watching.

Thanks a lot!

Yes those videos are pretty cool Smiley
I really like to watch it Smiley
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:01:43 AM

I didn't watch it for over a week; It's still funny.   Grin

BitcoinSniper

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:40:47 AM

Super funny!!!!! Great job
trustnobody

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:50:41 AM

thanks for nice videos, I will definetely share it with my friends. btw 4000$ is quite big money for it, hope you earn more than four thousands using these videos
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 01:48:26 PM

Super funny!!!!! Great job

Hehe Smiley

Good good Smiley he will get his donations from youtube view pay count Smiley

good job!

kik1977

Activity: 593
Merit: 505

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:34:33 AM

BTW, what's your bitcoin address in case I get generous while reading the rest of this nice thread? Also, if possible, what state are you located in, albeit I'm pretty sure I could dig it up? I'm in Illinois, and would love to meet up with this dude.

Thanks so much for your generosity, Phinnaeus! I know that Scott will be very grateful for your donation! His bitcoin address is: 13PkPhfTKJDBQWm9bZp4nJCFvyWDsD4dM1

You know them for sure: https://www.facebook.com/LifeOnBitcoin?fref=ts

We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: