Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:17:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Ethereum Mining still profitable?  (Read 1350 times)
wilberthh

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 03:55:48 AM

Mining used to be a dream job, especially in the late 2017 considering the hype and high spikes in prices of all of the crypto currencies. But for now I highly doubt it's as profitable as before. Especially since all of the altcoins right now are on down-trend. So personally, I don't think it is profitable anymore..

But we can never know what might happend in the future, right? we never thought bitcoin could be as profitable as now as well before. Since everything could happend in this market I guess it's up to ones opinions.
vina.lugtu

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 04:11:24 AM

Thinking of the ROI without even starting will not help especially on ETH's current situation. The price might be low now but think of what will happen if the price goes up. You can have up to 200% increase on your capital when it happens. Also, if you have ETH on hand, you can easily buy cheap alts and then sell them when you are satisfied with the price. Relying on mining alone is not really productive. You need to trade as well.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 04:15:28 AM

I am pretty sure that unless you have a massive server farm with free solar or wind power that you can't be making any returns with Ethereum at these low levels. Also consider that the days of POW are numbered as most projects are now being ported to a POS model instead.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
charlop24
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 04:33:07 AM

With the bearish trend of the market, its quite difficult to find a cryptocurrency that can be mined at a profit. Mining ethereum lately is far from being profitable due to the reduction in block reward, coupled with the down trend of the price.
flowers5

Activity: 192
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 04:53:48 AM

I was in the mining forum asking about my situation which is basically I have free electricity.  All I would need is to buy the equipment.  The answer was still a no go for me.  I may have been able to squeak out a few bucks but in the end it simply wasn't worth it. 

dimonstration

Activity: 2604
Merit: 664

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 05:09:49 AM

I was in the mining forum asking about my situation which is basically I have free electricity.  All I would need is to buy the equipment.  The answer was still a no go for me.  I may have been able to squeak out a few bucks but in the end it simply wasn't worth it. 

In this situation the ethereum price is on dropping.
For ethereum mining it wasn't profitable for now.
In my opinion the best thing to do is buy more ethereum.

pidobir

Activity: 446
Merit: 100

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 05:23:35 AM

If you're right then I'm wondering what happens next. I mean, what if the miners stop mining Ethereum?

jicang09

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 05:33:09 AM

The cost of mining is very large, I think this is not a good way. Mining requires labor costs, electricity costs, and many more. And now the price of Ethereum has fallen so badly, I think there is no profit in mining.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:18:57 AM

it is not just about ETH price dumping, it is about all the other factors that has also been happening.
- decreasing the block rewards! instead of fixing the issues they decided to suddenly decrease the block reward and make it unprofitable for miners to come in so that they can prevent the big mining farms from shaping this fast.
- introduction of ASICs. this is like the final blow to GPU miners because as more ASICs enter the market and start mining ETH, you will no longer be able to even find a block with your rig let alone make profit.
- and finally there is always the fear of switching to PoS. since ethereum is  centralized and doesn't have a clear roadmap about these things they can switch to PoS tomorrow or may not ever! it is just flipping a switch and that means there will always be a fear among new small time miners about their future and prevents them from starting to mine.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
btcefeyigit399

Activity: 162

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 06:22:18 AM

making ethereum mining was much easier and profitable. but the etheraum has been very depressed lately. so the minig cost was much higher.
thesosorr

Activity: 691

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:24:43 AM

Developers who know if it's profitable if Ethereum prices last $ 200. I personally feel it benefits the developers, but it has diminished.
Jianailiang

Activity: 81

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:25:30 AM

Now that Ethereum has caused panic selling, I think mining has no value. The future Ethereum will not be very valuable.
warning_btc

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:27:46 AM

No Lyra2z already more profitable then ETH-hash, but many miners believe in tomorows day of eth and mine it for further selling.

sheenshane
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1228

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 06:33:18 AM

Ethereum price is staying under $200 and I was wondering if mining is still profitable.

If you make an Ethereum Mining Rig today for $2500 that mines about 0.5 ETH per month, with the actual price you will need about 2 years to repay your investment.
Ethereum as of now is very low in the market so probably it is not much profitable compared the last year 2017 which mining for Ethereum is profitable since it is quite high value. Speaking of ROI from your investment in buying mining rigs plus other expenses I think 2 years is too short to have your ROI back. Maybe at this year Ethereum is not much profitable but who knows by next year, it will come back just like what happened last year. So mining today is not profitable in short term but in long-term mining probably huge ROI you had.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Diablesfunis

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:37:00 AM

Ethereum price is staying under $200 and I was wondering if mining is still profitable.

If you make an Ethereum Mining Rig today for $2500 that mines about 0.5 ETH per month, with the actual price you will need about 2 years to repay your investment.
It takes a long time to break even from mining crypto especially right now when the price is quite low, i guess the difficulty will get lower because people will switch to another coin to mine so the roi will get better than that but you can mine a lot of coin with gpu so if you think it's not profitable to mine eth then there's a lot of options to choose, you can also sell your mining rig later if you want to stop.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:40:24 AM

Yes, it will become stable soon. I will buy if ethereum will go below $190. I believe that ethereum is really good for long term position, that's why I am very bullish on ethereum, there's a lot of people using ethereum now. Wait for the right time.
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:02:25 AM

no, I don't think it's efficient to mine ethereum now because it's not profitable for you, it's better to mine bitcoin or other coins.
ethereum is now very suitable to buy because it's cheap, if you have USDT immediately buy ethereum because it will be very profitable later
alexberezov

Activity: 462
Merit: 290

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:09:22 PM

when coin prices fall this low, many miners choose to stop mining. because it's really not profitable. expenses more than income. but it's a very good time to buy Ethereum.
jfelix (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 08:16:09 AM

Last year, Ethereum became a star cryptocurrency, and its price performance exceeded Bitcoin. But by this year it is completely different. This second-largest digital asset has fallen nearly 85% this year. Some days ago, the price of Ethereum has fallen below $200, and the patience and mood of investors have been greatly destroyed.

Ethereum brings a computer network. Ethereum is like a car's petrol. Developers can view its token (ETH) as a fuel for implementing certain functions on the blockchain.

Ethereum has risen from the price of 8 US dollars at the beginning of last year to the highest point of nearly 1,400 US dollars, the price has increased nearly 175 times. Ethereum is a good choice in my opinion.
jhache

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 11:25:26 PM

At this point, the price of the coin coupled with the cost of mining, things like electricity bills and the like, I wouldn't think that the mining of the coin is still profitable. Although the people who are mining the coin now know that they are not mining it for the present but are actually mining the coins for the future.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: