Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:58:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacking kills the cryptocurrency market  (Read 4435 times)
paulscathedral

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 05:46:57 AM

My answer is no.

Speaking more constructively, I can say that hacking is a catalyst for progress. If this did not happen, cryptocurrency exchanges would not improve their own security, and we would not have a good secure antivirus. This is important. The victims of hacking are soldiers in our global cyberspace.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 05:58:03 AM

Hacking is not a new phenomena. The first instances surfaced in 2011, when Bitcoin was just 2 years old. And we need to remember that in a huge majority of the cases, the hacking incidents turned out to be insider jobs.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 06:06:51 AM

Hacking is not a new phenomena. The first instances surfaced in 2011, when Bitcoin was just 2 years old. And we need to remember that in a huge majority of the cases, the hacking incidents turned out to be insider jobs.

correct. hacking can be helpful in making network more secure. losing money sucks though for those who have but hacking in itself is not really a bad thing, it makes developer work harder to make their network more secure. We've had exchanges who've shut down and kept all the money and I think that is much worse.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Klovezio

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 06:09:26 AM

Hacking is one of the biggest obstacles to the cryptocurrency market.
1- Ever been hacked?
2- Lost your coins in an exchange hacking?
3-Did the exchange pay you back for lost coins?

Please share your story, and give some TIPS on how to avoid being hacked.

I think that some percentage of users was hacked, but only because people do not use hardware wallets to protect. You have to buy Ledger and protection from hackers is assured.
LegitizeDrops
Copper Member

Activity: 63
Merit: 4

A Great Firm You Can Trust For Managing Campaigns

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 06:12:02 AM

It is correct that hacking is one of the problems crypto facing nowadays. It is always been a burden thing that must be eliminated. However, it only happens on centralized platforms. Some are done through malicious phishing sites. So we must be wary.

It is easy for us to avoid it if we will just focus on the security, but for those centralized platforms like exchange site, then it is a burden one.

● LEGITIZE DROPS ●
►CAMPAIGN & COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT FIRM◄
shone08

Activity: 602
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 06:18:06 AM

It is correct that hacking is one of the problems crypto facing nowadays. It is always been a burden thing that must be eliminated. However, it only happens on centralized platforms. Some are done through malicious phishing sites. So we must be wary.

It is easy for us to avoid it if we will just focus on the security, but for those centralized platforms like exchange site, then it is a burden one.

Very well said this is true, but if you want to protect your fund you need to use a hardware wallet and dont hold on any exchange sote because the tendency to hack your account is very risky, the very important you need to understand the exchange site is only for in and out system not for longterm holding.

Recently CryptoHub platform was hacked and hackers stolen big amount of BTC, LTC; ETH, DOGE; XMR, WAVES
Platform will remain disabled until vulnerability found.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:49:04 AM

Yes, I was hacked once and I lost 10 different coins there, although the amount was small. But this was the fault of the current, I did not include 2fa authentication and the exchange did not raise any questions. The main thing is to monitor the security of your wallet and include all security measures. Neither of which sites it shine its passwords from exchanges also install an antivirus and update the system itself.
Not using all the available security is the reason why hackers have successfully been able to scoop a lot of people off their funds. If go for an analysis with every situation then you may find this very easily. Yes, being lazy with protecting ourselves is the reason here at most of the times.

It is a digital world, and you always have to find a way to stay secured. It is just like having a bank, and then you decide not to put all the necessary security measure to secure the bank or rather talking about building a house and not doing the same. Being secured is purely within our hands and we must follow all the prescribed measurements very keenly all the times.

Security is always paramount if you want to keep yourself secured from invaders and in this space, hackers are looking for those they can invade and if you stay vulnerable, you easily become a victim.
Alex Foman

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:54:41 AM

In order for this to happen, you need to protect yourself. Choose carefully the crypto currency. And also reliable, safe wallets. And always keep all news and events under control.
iwah

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

TREEBLOCK.io

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 11:09:49 AM

Yeah I have been hacked and it happened when i was still a newbie hunting for airdrops, they sent me a link to claim my tokens and ask i put my private key into the fake MEW, I did and my tokens gone, though i didn't have much there, it was a experience i have learnt and since then I have since stopped joining airdrops

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
CryptoRama

Activity: 453
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 11:29:30 AM

1- Ever been hacked?

It should be a correct answer if that was saying the speculators and manipulators have killed the cryptocurrency market.  
For some reason if you are using the major Exchange sites just like binance and then they have been paying all of those victims are getting hacked by hackers and they give a lot of guarantee for your Money.

I more agree with westfield, because by my opinion and experience you get hacked/scammed when you want a little too much on the internet and it's even worse if you do it again, like phishing and if you have 2FA auth. you can get hacked even from that... so:

1. no for crypto world, yes for gaming, several times, but usually I wanted that so I can see what hackers can do and sometimes I didn't know what's happening at the beginning... One time they hacked my gaming account with 2FA, first time they were too slow, so I tryed again when it was 1 minute time left for 2FA and they got in, took my poor 2 million coins from the account and left, and before they even logged in for the first and the second time they DDOSed my internet, so I was without connection like 10 minutes or so, so to everyone if you don't know if it's a phishing site and you have 2FA, you can still wait till at least 5 to 15 seconds threshold
2. no
3. no, because I never encounter a misfortune like this, but my friend did, he got them coins back, but after 2-3 months and that's still a shitty exchange by my opinion if it needs so much time to get your crypto values back...

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
daenarys_stormborn

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:25:06 PM

for my personal wallet, I have never experienced anything like that, and I strongly agree that the main problem of the crypto world is the level of exchange security that is very easy to hack, and bad market conditions are also largely due to hacked exchange news.

Nolimitz84

Activity: 980
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:52:54 PM

I fortunately did not have such a situation.There were cases when I mixed up the name of the tokens threw them on the exchange,on which those tokens that were thrown off were not traded.My money remained on the stock exchange.According to the exchange rules, I can't bring them back.To avoid this situation, you need to check the contracts of tokens that you have in your wallet with contracts that are on the exchange.

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
PROJECT'S ACCELERATOR
&
INVESTMENT PLATFORM

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:56:36 PM

Everything can be vice versa, because hackers find holes very well, which can be very well corrected, but today it is very expensive, so I would probably join your opinion, you need to change something because the world is changing.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:01:07 PM

1- Ever been hacked?

I think hacking is killing anything that builded in the internet.
Because no system is safe, hackers will find the gap for hacing our money on the system
Khiceog

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:50:40 PM

I fortunately not faced with such a problem. Now for me, hacking is something that will never catch up with me. I always keep all my passwords in safe places and never keep all my money in one place. This is the key to the success of protection against hacker attacks
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 12:15:50 PM

Pretty sure that almost all of the major exchanges have had a hacking incident in the past few years, however only a few of them have recovered well and continue to operate successfully in 2018. I don't think hacking is as much of a concerns as it used to be as many exchanges keep the majority of their funds in offline and multi-sig wallets, but it's definitely a problem that is being worked on, and gradually being stomped out.
Very sure about that considering that hackers will always want to look for loopholes almost every time and then it is either they fail or they succeed. For most of the reputable exchanges, it has really been a good time for them to find those loopholes and to also evade the risk of being hacked at that moment and in the future. I have seen some cases of some DDOS attack, but at the end of it all, the exchanges were able to rectify it.

I always keep all my passwords in safe places and never keep all my money in one place. This is the key to the success of protection against hacker attacks
Using different password for different website and not using easily hackable passwords/using lengthy passwords are few other additional things everyone must follow. I do hear lots of hacking stories since I have entered into online earning. I was working in PTC sites before. I mean these hacking problems are not just due to high value cryptocurrencies.
warcarft3

Activity: 415

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 12:27:50 PM

1- Ever been hacked?

Last year I transferred 5ETH from my wallet to gate.io, but the money flew away. At the time, I was operating in accordance with normal procedures. Log in to the exchange, then open ETH recharge, the computer interface jumps out of the transfer address, and then I import 5ETH into that address. But after an hour, my transfer has not yet arrived, then I was surprised, so I opened the recharge interface again, and then I found out that this transfer address is different from the previous one. After that, I found a customer service. They said that this is my own reason, because I opened the phishing website, so no one will be responsible for this. This loss can only be borne by me.

Arcanefist

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:11:04 PM

I can not say that they kill the cryptocurrency market. Kill cryptocurrency market users who exit the game at any fall. And hackers are in any area of life, even in our usual banks. They will be the most difficult to get rid of ever
Ilmiyati

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:17:05 PM

it's a problem that hasn't been dealt with until now, and a few days ago, hackers also attacked exchange in Japan, and they stole Bitcoin and altcoin more than 100k USD. it becomes a matter that must be resolved immediately, if not, there will be many other exchanges that will also be hit by the same attack,and the most vulnerable to get hacer is MEW, and I'm sure almost all forum members will experience that, including myself. I hope MEW continues to develop their wallets with better security
Li-Fox

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:21:43 PM

Hacking us at every step. So you need to carefully invest and protect your coins. It is very important to choose a stock exchange and a coin. And also how trivial it was not to sound but to come up with a complicated password.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: