Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:00:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacking kills the cryptocurrency market  (Read 4435 times)
Temmy007

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:30:59 AM

Yeah I was hacked in an airdrop that I participated. We were asked to us my metherwallet to sign a message as kyc to get out token all our wallets was hacked
castiloros

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:37:38 AM

During could secure the wallet quite well I think is not a problem and need not be afraid of hackers. that often happens is precisely the owners own wallet carelessly place their privet key into the form or save it in online and is prone to compromise. hackers will have thousands of ways to be able to take what's in our wallets and certainly, any Exchange would not know anything about nor care about it.
wakeham8

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:41:45 AM

People do not want to enter the crypto market because of hacking. Hacking is one of the reasons, because the investors do not come into the market right now. Stay safe guys and keep believing in crypto!
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:46:19 AM

You are totally right. Luckily I wasn't hacked, but such actions are killing the whole industry. When investors and newbies hear about another hacker attack, they are losing their interest to join the crypto market. We need more safety.
Common mindset from people who doesn't find time to investigate deeper, though it's really affecting the market as interest coming from possible investors are being questioned, those hacking event brings negative implications to this market, there's a need of more improvement coming from
the security options in order to lessen same thing to happen in the future.
Huruharacorp

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 08:29:31 AM

You are totally right. Luckily I wasn't hacked, but such actions are killing the whole industry. When investors and newbies hear about another hacker attack, they are losing their interest to join the crypto market. We need more safety.
and maybe because of the many news like that, and finally made many investors become the investors to invest in crypto, because there are too many hackers in the crypto world
duoduoshigexiaozhu

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 08:31:39 AM

Since I don't trade often, I have never encountered an attack by a hacker, but I can often see such things in some news, I am scared!

Phil419She

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

BitSong is a dcentralized music streaming platform

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 08:34:03 AM

Hacking is one of the biggest obstacles to the cryptocurrency market.
1- Ever been hacked?
2- Lost your coins in an exchange hacking?
3-Did the exchange pay you back for lost coins?

Please share your story, and give some TIPS on how to avoid being hacked.

I could say I have never been hacked yet, but was scammed by the exchange itself. There was this certain exchange that was starting to be known for its scamming, I deposited some eth but it was not received in my wallet in that exchange. I contacted support but they never replied.

bchain22
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

Be smart, join: https://t.me/cryptofinance24

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 08:43:07 AM

I think the best advice here would be not to hold all your crypto on exchanges. They are most vulnerable there. Keep only as much as you need for trading there, and rest in your secure wallets.

🚀🚀🚀 Fresh crypto news and the best blockchain articles on www.cryptofinance24.com 🚀🚀🚀 Join the Telegram chat here - https://t.me/cryptofinance24 🚀🚀🚀
Sarastiche

Activity: 532

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 08:58:15 AM

1- Ever been hacked?

My first wallet when I was a newbie was hacked, as I went to click a link sent to my mail,  to access the wallet, all my 6month of investment was wipped off, you are your own security in the cryptocurrency space.
Tips on how to avoid been hacked
1. Avoid having your token on an exchange for a long period of time.
2. Do not access your wallet through a link sent to your mail.
3. Use the 2fa Authentication to access your wallet and every available means of security provided by an exchange or wallet.
Hustinog

Activity: 191
Merit: 32

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 09:22:42 AM

I have no experience but I knew someone whose account was hacked. He shared his important keys to someone, his wallet and other relevant information. He trusted to that person and then one day. He can't just open his wallet again. The day after again, he recovered his account and checked it but he was just disappointed to see his balance turned to 0. Trust nobody here in the cryptoworld. You can be a nice person but be secured too when it comes to those things which needs a privacy.

teosanru

Activity: 2100
Merit: 618

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 09:26:31 AM

Stop using a layman term like hacking to describe all the issues.
It is called phishing and that is the only way a person can lose access to password and wallet's private keys.
It doesn't happen unless you're yourself careless and click on those links which look suspicious
dubynin.ilya

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 09:29:34 AM

Fortunately I have never been hacked and never lose your coins on the exchange. But I've heard so many stories about it. Break-ins are very much afraid investors, very sorry to lose his million dollars, so big investors don't come on the market and waiting for the cryptocurrency will be safer.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:58:22 PM

I were holding funds on several exchanges which were hacked. Fortunately, my funds were not affected with the hack. I hold on exchanges only the coins for trading and the rest I am storing on  a hard wallet. Lesson learned.
It is probably a good idea to never leave any money in an exchange for longer than necessary, I know that you are going to lose some money on fees if you do that, but paying some additional dollars to protect your money seems like a good deal to me, I say this because a lot of people use the wallet they have in an exchange as their main wallet and they have lost all their money when there was a hack, they could have saved themselves millions of dollars by just paying a few dollars in each transaction.
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:17:08 PM

Hackers is indeed a very big problem for the cryptocurrency market. After all, the very belief of people in the safe use of cryptocurrency is undermined. However, not only the exchangers, but also the wallets of the owners of cryptocurrency are cracked. I myself have had several cases of tokens being stolen from my wallets through password cracking in my email. Therefore, I believe that for ordinary citizens who do not know how to increase the security of storing their cryptocurrency, this will be very unsafe. After all, hackers have felt easy money and their number will become more and more.
kicauklaten

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 06:50:15 AM

hackers are merely a small part of the risk in crypto and this will not be able to kill crypto. even though it is indeed quite disturbing and disturbed many who would be this. but for being safe and not enough data in storing the secret private key as I think it will remain secure. There is no Exchange or legal entities that want to replace for the loss incurred and of course because it's the most important thing is going to be cautious.

citydragoon

Activity: 173
Merit: 1

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 03:43:06 PM

Hacking is a part of the each system so it is not so surprising. What is more significant that scam is usual to find it here and it is spreadin for so good way.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
malphite534

Activity: 319

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 04:33:38 PM

Some anonymous hackers always attacking good cryptocurrency markets but lot's of them getting failed to hacked it Because the security of every sites for exchanges.
terible.hunter

Activity: 490

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 05:31:19 PM

In general, this seems to be true, because many people just lose money, but there is a very good idea that will hinder you in the future. Do you think maybe all this hacking news is really just not true?

Eric

Activity: 124

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 11:59:03 PM

I didint have hacked before. But i am agree about your words. Hacking kills the market. People want to invest safely. But they are afraiding about hacking issues. People afraiding about exchanges.
But now i really want to say thank you to binance. because cz have very good communication with community and people feel safe while sending and holding tokens on binance.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Ramtapsbtc

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 12:34:54 AM

1- Ever been hacked?

I've been a victim of a phishing site before and it is really frustrating to be one but i blamed myself for not being careful about it. In opening a websites make sure that you will never put your private key and passwords if they required it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: