Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:47:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacking kills the cryptocurrency market  (Read 4441 times)
bbcolex

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 05:54:17 PM

It gave a bad name to cryptocurrency as a whole, even though in some instance where a big exchange was hack and the affected was the target then sadly that coin will suffer more, as investors panic and hackers try to drop the price for money. It doesn't kill it will give negative impact and recovery would the problem.
Necroface

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

simply getting the job done

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 08:55:07 PM

of course, who gives money if he-she does not trust, even you do not give money to your friends that you can not be sure or you do not use a bank machine waiting alone in the back streets, etc.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                      
                                                    ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
Rrtt

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 09:00:48 PM

Hacking is one of the biggest obstacles to the cryptocurrency market.
1- Ever been hacked?
2- Lost your coins in an exchange hacking?
3-Did the exchange pay you back for lost coins?

Please share your story, and give some TIPS on how to avoid being hacked.

Hacking is just one of the risk here in cryptosphere and it will not kill the cryptocurrency market. Developers should strengthened their security features to avoid hacking and users should be smart enough how not to be hacked. I have experienced that one and to tell you it really frustrates me but that is my mistake and i have learned a painful lesson from it.
Lilmon

Activity: 475

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 09:04:57 PM

Most hackers do not break into some security of a large company or exchange, because that is extremely difficult and requires a lot of time, it is much easier for example to send 100000 emails by impersonating myetherwallet and that people voluntarily decide to give their password, most of the hackers in this ecosystem are using phishing scams so activate firewalls well and stay away from anything suspicious.
none of us
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 09:11:20 PM

hacking is a general problem of the internet and not just in the cryptocurrency market. nothing really seems to be safe and even big companies like facebook and others have already been hacked.
Kseniya17

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2018, 07:53:10 PM

I think that if we are talking about big money, then, of course, only hardware wallets. I try not to leave anything on the stock exchanges, of course, we are not immune from this, and I do not want to be hacked ...
Incodium Coin (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 141
Merit: 1

API-Based Smart Contract Solution For Exch Hacking

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 01:33:36 AM

1- Ever been hacked?

Good News to all those who have been victims of Hacking in the past or who want to protect themselves against future incidents. The Incodium Project has a big announcement on Friday, November 8th, 2018

INCODIUM, API-BASED SMART CONTRACT SOLUTION FOR EXCHANGE HACKING.
A risk management protocol that implements fast and accurate compensation functions on behalf of investors who are victims of an exchange hacking incident.

NOW LISTED ON: BITMART Exchange
                         : LaToken Exchange

INCO EVENT ON 7TH NOV. 2018 in Seoul, South Korea.
thenameisjay

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 02:08:47 AM

1- Ever been hacked?

1. I have never been hacked so I'll just share some tips I have gathered. Always try to connect to a secure connection as much as possible to prevent hacking.
2. Never have I lost my tokens during an exchange due to a secure network.
3. Since I haven't lost any coins during an exchange, there has never been a time that they paid me back.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
yazher

Activity: 2226
Merit: 586

You own the pen

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 02:26:41 AM

The biggest hacking I ever encountered is the hacking of the big exchanges, when this hacking happened a big impact on the market will happen as well on the negative side. the price of the coins is dramatically decreasing on a alarming rate. because of this we can see a lot of people leaving the economy of block chain and some of them are distancing their selves from it. and only few people are coming back again.
Alohadanc3

Activity: 1050

Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 02:30:34 AM

Yes. Once but it's not my Fault. It's an local exchange. I think it's a hack but they explained later as a bug. Somehow my coins rapidly sold at low price. And I got some email. Then I check the exchange website and my trade history everything was gone. Then they announced it was a bug and they return everything what I have. And many people had that problem at that time. If you have token in exchange and you hacked you have nothing to do. But if you got token in wallets you have to be careful about it. Don't trust anyone. And always safe your privet key.  If you have to check check it from scanning site don't open wallet everytime. And if you have some extra money then use a ledger nano S

manbota

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 04:20:32 AM

I also believe that such activity of hackers is one of the main reasons for the general decline in the crypto market. After all, such news about the activities of hackers are beginning to frighten many investors, they are regularly published in the news and manipulate the consciousness of the world community.
xbossJ

Activity: 278
Merit: 5

Invest and play

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 04:49:37 AM

I don't think hacking is the cause of the current market situation!! Hacking; if I'm to put it among reasons for the market down trend I would say its effect is only 5% as not every exchange is hacked at the same time, besides people need to only leave funds in exchanges when they are about to trade! and take out their funds when they are done, The current market trend is caused by politicians and banksters attempting to manipulate it with lies, laws, regulations, and FUD! Also ICOs plus newbies in the space who aren't interested in the big profits; are always looking out to dump at the slightest price rise, thereby keeping it perpetually low.

Faireum.io   Pre-Sale: 25 March 2019  
────  Invest / Play ...Or why not both?
10c

Activity: 658

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 03:37:10 PM

I was hacked and lost 92 esters , from one wallet they were transferred to another , they hacked me using Icloud, now always before the day I check my computer for viruses.

SneakyLady

Activity: 114
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 03:54:28 PM

Hacking does not kill the cryptocurrency market, exchanges kill the cryptocurrency market because they're easy prey to hackers! These "hackers" can be either legitimate hackers or inside jobs from people running the exchanges.

No more exchanges=cryptocurrency working as it should (safely and efficiently)
dipeco
Copper Member

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 03:55:43 PM

I have never been hacked and I am sorry if this happened to anyone. I do not think that hacking will kill the market, but we need to say that karma is real and all the hackers will get what they deserve in the future.
nadezda@

Activity: 392
Merit: 28

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 05:43:11 PM

Let's look objectively, hacking is always our fault, not careful, not attentive, and the more seriously we protect our funds, the calmer we can sleep.
trash321

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 06:21:26 PM

I also do not think so and agree with people who say that today hackers are, on the contrary, a very important tool that shows all possible vulnerabilities that may be in the system at all. Of course, they take a lot of money, but it still seems to me that they will not be able to kill cryptocurrencies
Mathcy

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 06:26:21 PM

I don't really know about hacking, but at least I know how to avoid hacking. maybe it's better not to save too much money in this cryptoqurency world.
vasilisc555

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 06:53:18 PM

Everyone should take care of the safety of their coins. Keep money on hardware wallets so it will be more secure.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 09:53:52 PM

Yes, hacking wallets, accounts is a big obstacle for users of cryptocurrency. Hackers saw that there are large sums of money and constantly attack. I read somewhere that this year alone, people lost about a billion dollars because of hacker attacks and fraud in the ICO.
Although they constantly write that cryptocurrency is completely safe, I do not think so.
There is nothing in this world that is completely safe, the banks are using the very same cryptography to secure their transactions and yet there are still hacks going on as well in the fiat system, what happens is that the cryptography is not being hacked, what it's hacked are the users behind the wallets or the bank accounts, which means that a tool is as good as the one that is wielding it, so you need to try to learn as much as you can about cryptocurrencies so you can secure your coins effectively.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: