Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:29:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacking kills the cryptocurrency market  (Read 4431 times)
mr.robot8

Activity: 938
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 08:27:04 AM

luckily it has not happened to me yet but i am aware of the great danger and i take my precautions such as for example use only big exchanges that i can trust (bittrex, binance) and for what concerns the security of the wallet i only do offline transactions

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 08:41:50 AM

This is mostly due to your inattention. If you were more careful and watched your actions, most likely this would not have happened.
DragonETH

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

https://www.projecton.pro/

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 11:34:48 AM

One day my wallet just broke down and I could not get access to encryption. Because of this, I lost some of my savings. Be careful with hardware wallets.
smartphone manufacturers are starting to release smartphones with built-in hardware crypto-wallets. whether they will guarantee that the product will not bring a loss is unclear yet.

░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░░             
          ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░         
      ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░     ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░     
  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▒░░             ░░▒▓▓▓▓▓░░░ 
  ░▓▓▓▓░░░  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░  ░░░▓▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░    ░▓██████████████▒░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░█████░  ░█████░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░█████░░░░█████░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░████████████▓░░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░▓████░░░░░░░      ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░    ░▒███████▓▓░         ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░    ░▓█████████░         ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▓▒░░                     ░░▒▓▓▓░ 
  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░             ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░ 
      ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░     ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░      
          ░░▒▓▓▓▓▒░░░▒▓▓▓▓▒░░░        
             ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░           

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            ██
██                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            ██
                                                      PROJECTON

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
Customer relationship management using Blockchain
▬▬▬▬Whitepaper ♦ Whitelist  ▬▬▬▬
BUY XN35

██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
░░░░░SOCIAL MEDIA░░░░░
TwitterTelegram Facebook 
Reddit  Medium  ➤  Bitcointalk
drrekkty

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 11:39:21 AM

Yeah, crypto market has connection with hackers,but won't be affected by them in a significant way.
That's why I don't pay attention to this even though I lost money on hackers
Tarion

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 11:40:33 AM

It is sad to hear that so many people were scammed and we should be more careful with out data and it is a must for every investor in this industry to diversify your funds. Keep your funds on a lot of different wallets and exchanges.
jaywizzy

Activity: 510
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 04:29:56 PM

I have never been hacked for once and  pray not to be in such situation but have heard series of such incident. This is my  advice for my fellows in this business that we just to be vigilant in any transaction we are doing because scammer are over the place now.

► HackenAI ◄ (http://url=https://hacken.ai/) ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄[/url (http://url=https://hacken.ai/)
Unplugged

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 04:34:38 PM

Hacking is actually a cyber crime. And any crime done is against humanity. It's just sad that people still do bad things to innocent people just for their own's sake. I get that selfishness could sometimes be a nature to human beings, but let's all try to be considerate in other people's needs and feelings. You probably wouldn't want this kinda things happen to you, so why do it anyway?

███   ████     Bitgesell's first yearly halving is coming in less than a month!     ████   ███
B I T G E S E L L      BUY BGL/USDT NOW AT DIGIFINEX
██               ████████     •     Telegram     •     Twitter     •     ████████               ██
RockHenki

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 04:49:05 PM

I have not encountered hacker attacks ever but watch the news also heard that the hacker is so horrible I have some advice for us in the market crypto. Choose companies that are reputable entrepreneurs. Support is essential for you to enter the profession. And most importantly, learn and be careful of what you do. Errors leave the price is not small.
EducoinVietnam

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 09:40:00 AM

Hacking is one of the biggest obstacles to the cryptocurrency market.
1- Ever been hacked?
2- Lost your coins in an exchange hacking?
3-Did the exchange pay you back for lost coins?

Please share your story, and give some TIPS on how to avoid being hacked.

I think it's a little different. Hackers rather undermine the trust of investors and nothing else. It seems to me that after all, now the cryptocurrency market is at a standstill for a completely different reason
mitsarasss

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 09:48:16 AM

Both my Wife and I have been hacked in MYETHERWALLET and also on exchanges and two developers stole a lot from my Wife. Do NOT trust anyone on the internet, especially in crypto, most are out to steal whatever you have. Telegram groups are full of stealing bots and also even in the bounty sections we are getting people cheating and trying to steal our content and identities. There are big gangs of thieves lurking even on this forum, trying to steal whatever you have. TRUST NO ONE! That is my advice to you here. This is what is putting off mass adoption in crypto right now, too many negative and rogue elements that need to be weeded out first before we can invite others in.

TRUST NO ONE, but yourself.

No one except you will define a scam, will not hack the stock exchange, will not protect itself against unnecessary risk of loss. This is a crypto market,
here your security depends only on you, on your attentiveness and mental skills. This is not a bank with cameras and huge safes,
this is a digital environment where the safety of your funds is in your hands.
Debonaire217

Activity: 644
Merit: 364

In Code We Trust

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 10:08:10 AM

1- Ever been hacked?

I think in all aspects, hacking can really devastate a technology. Hacking is about interferring to the source code and manipulating it. In the case of cryptocurrencies, hacking is very dangerous. Though, blockchain is not that vulnerable, wallet address can be access if we are careless about its security.
jyotianand01

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 10:43:21 AM

I face the hacking of myetherwallet once and lost many coins but never happen this with my any exchange accounts. Now i a using hardware wallet and it is fully secured from these issues.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   
WPPENERGY
.World Power Production.

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   

..INQUIRE..
━━━━━━━━
darefreads

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 10:56:34 AM

It was so funny to me  what I experience when I started to trade my Coins in a exchange and ask for to help in an admin in the telegram group and ask for a guide to their exchange to trade after asking it someone ask for help too and after some conversation his asking for some payment and I use to follow it and I realized that the amount that she's asking for payment is bigger value than what I will trade then ask the admin and the admin say's he will Block it  after he ask she's name. That's why I'm very careful to any people who i'm talking to by now.
veekky

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 10:58:47 AM

It doesn't kill, it makes crypto holders stronger.
I've started to become interested in technical details after has been hacked and now my security is stronger!
lutcor

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 11:02:03 AM

No, I am categorically against such an opinion, because I also think that today very often people simply underestimate the possibilities of hackers, the whole system can be subjected to a hacker attack that can be destroyed, such systems must be identified.
powerglade

Activity: 161
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 11:35:32 AM

i never experienced such things and i don't want to experience it, coz i know someone who that's been hacked and all his earnings got stolen from his wallet he was so devastated but he never stop investing. getting hacked doesn't kill crypto it only makes crypto holders and investors stronger and smarter to be careful every time doing transactions.
StatesManG
Copper Member

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 11:41:04 AM

1- Ever been hacked?

I have not been hacked, but that didn't kill cryptocurrency.  Every other financial agencies suffers hack too and still survives

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 10:35:42 PM

The number of hacking cases certainly makes investors afraid, this proves that a strong security system is not perfect, of course after hackers can take their accounts immediately sell, making the market difficult.
Hackers are making more difficult the adoption of cryptocurrencies in general, but they are not such a big problem as many people make them out to be, if you take the time to secure your coins and you make sure that your wallet is only online when you are going to make a transaction then the chances that a hacker can get access to your coins are incredibly low, in my opinion a greater risk that we are going to see forming in the future is the robbery of your coins by the usual methods.
Cashi

Activity: 392
Merit: 48

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 10:45:57 PM

1- Ever been hacked?
No
No
see above

My TIPS:

- don't trade on shitty exchanges, only if the shitcoins are not listed anywhere else
- don't store your funds on exchanges
- never send p2p first if you don't know the user, better use a trusted escrow of Bitcointalk

Smiley Smiley
hanomnom

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 07:56:25 AM

Do not worry about the fact that some hackers several times hacked wallets. This is not a good enough reason for the cryptocurrency world to die. The best thing is not to look for the reasons for the decline, but to look for ways to earn money on the market
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: