Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:50:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacking kills the cryptocurrency market  (Read 4435 times)
futuristishe

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 08:28:49 AM

Hacking is one of the biggest obstacles to the cryptocurrency market.
1- Ever been hacked?
2- Lost your coins in an exchange hacking?
3-Did the exchange pay you back for lost coins?

Please share your story, and give some TIPS on how to avoid being hacked.

The wallet wasn't hacked. I didn't lose money on exchanges. This was not for all the time of my participation in the market.  But I mistakenly entered the password from the wallet to the bounty instead of your wallet's address((( but then I had to start a new wallet.
efxtrader

Activity: 924

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 08:46:21 AM

Security is always the issue in exchanger. If we store our coin and token in exchanger wallet, better secure our account by using 2FA. Hopely my exchanger not hacked by someone and hopely i dont have experience like that

Backupnime

Activity: 494
Merit: 104

homt.net

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 09:01:34 AM

i'm never got case when i store my asset in exchanger, and the exchange got hacked.

in some condition and as ca we see in some case few exchange got hacked and their fund was stolen the exchanger can't pay the fund fund.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
Backupnime

Activity: 494
Merit: 104

homt.net

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 09:03:18 AM

Security is always the issue in exchanger. If we store our coin and token in exchanger wallet, better secure our account by using 2FA. Hopely my exchanger not hacked by someone and hopely i dont have experience like that
yes is a priority point for some exchanger, but are you sure when exchanger got hacked they are really hacked by hacker and the fund was stolen??

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
a4illusionist

Activity: 365
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 09:11:31 AM

Well anything on the internet is prone to hacking and other online things that can hurt big. Just like the technology affects the community for the betterment, it also gives new ways for scammers and cheaters to make use of the exploits.

_____VIMee_____
The VIMee Social Platform
fraufreiheit

Activity: 252
Merit: 6

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 09:16:36 AM

But what about your private wallets, not exchanges? For example, it's impossible (and pointless actually) to turn on a 2FA on MEW - there's no such an option. Of course, you can buy Ledger to store your ETH more securely, but this is not what every person who just wants to buy some crypto will do.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
kak uli

Activity: 1246
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 10:11:48 AM

1- Ever been hacked?

I have not experienced hacking which resulted in my assets being lost. but I can feel how painful it is and can feel the difficulty of how to collect these assets. therefore, I justify what you say that the occurrence of hacking will make many people do not believe in the digital currency. therefore I have tips so that your wallet is not hacked. after you trade, it is better if the privatekey that you use is taken from the market you are using, I often do it like that.

baronandr

Activity: 244
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 11:34:08 AM

There are more than 1000 tokens, but none of them is related to propper security project for blockchain security. We need such projects to survive.
Alexeu00011

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 11:49:28 AM

1- Ever been hacked?

I lost huge part of my tokens, when Etherdelta revealed its fake. It was not about hacking, it was scammers and they do kill the market, hackers does not.
KolayZdun

Activity: 434
Merit: 12

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 12:25:56 PM

1- Ever been hacked?

It is pretty hard to steal a private key without a help of a person, which holds this key. I am in crypto for two years and hackers did not managed to rob me.

Q2kc

Activity: 560
Merit: 15

$100k per 1 BTC in Year 2020

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 12:56:46 PM

There is this Exchange called Bitflip I signup on the website and after a few days my Two-factor Authenticator is enabled but the problem is I don't enable it, meaning someone in that Exchanged enabled it inside job, that is the worse Exchanged I encountered I lost my 2000 BTW coins or lets say hacked by someone on that exchange and now the Exchange file a Bankruptcy
Galantin

Activity: 602
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:00:25 PM

1- Ever been hacked?

I have not been attacked. Because when I started to get involved in cryptocurrency. I understood that data security is the most important part of this world. A working computer does not look at sites I don’t know. For this, I have a separate one. That would not put yourself at risk.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
zeingrind777

Activity: 994
Merit: 138

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:13:47 PM

I have never been hacked, and I have never lost a coin. BUT, I have read and heard news about hacking on the exchange. Some exchanges replace their lost coins and some close the exchange. In my opinion, a safe way to avoid hacking is not to keep coins in the exchange wallet. If you want to trade on exchange, withdraw your coins when You have made a profit.
cryptonewsID

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 03:05:15 PM

hackers make the market worse and this is a very extraordinary event that requires special handling and must be firmly acted on by every hacker, and given appropriate punishment,
jan.nicolas

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 03:10:06 PM

I think that everything is diametrically opposite, because hackers today are that, in most cases, as immune cells of the body, they are our immunity, they search for bad bugs or even any bugs and use them.
Naitik

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 03:20:25 PM

Since now i am not been convicted by the hacking and all. And no exchange will guaranteed for your loss. You and the only you is responsible for all accidents.
Bitkoplak

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 03:38:52 PM

1. I have been hacked
2. no, because this is about personal accounts and the security depends on us
3. Activate Google Authenticator or login security via telephone number
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 04:25:16 PM

Believe me, hackers hack and break systems all over the world, these are not only crypto currency exchanges, but also airline companies, railway companies, banks, government security systems, whatever. This in turn pushes everyone to develop security, which is undoubtedly a plus.
lorapalmer

Activity: 364

https://bvo.trybravo.com/

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 05:04:10 PM

1- Ever been hacked?

I don't think that hackers are the one who killed the cryptocurrency market. Of course they do a harm for users, but you just need to take maximum precautions. I have never been hacked as I am using a hardware wallet and very attentive to the digital safety. 

isen

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 05:13:11 PM

I have never been hacked, at least in crypto. When my poker account with $ 5,000 dollars was hacked, there I was guilty myself, the hacker got access to my mail on which all passwords were stored. How could I allow such nonsense. However, everything ended well, and this episode taught me a lot. Perhaps due to this episode, I still have not been hacked.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: