Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:52:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacking kills the cryptocurrency market  (Read 4441 times)
Kay94

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 09:26:32 PM

Believe me, hackers may kill the cryptocurrency market because they break down the security of the system which is quite alarming.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
Invigorated

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 09:38:18 PM

It doesn't only kill the cryptocurrency Industry, it could demoralise and effectively end ang motivation whatsoever on the part of the victim. I am saying this having been a witness to a friend's own situation. He was hacked of over $10k. Completely stolen from his wallet without any trace and he hasn't been the same. He tried rebuilding but it just hasn't worked out and I probably never will as he has completely loss faith and believe in the crypto industry. It killed his dream of becoming fully independent with the aid of trading cryptocurrency. The worst part is, it has affected him completely, it has affected other facets of his live and that is a terrible thing to happen to anyone. We all must ensure to keep our digital assets and vaults safe at all times. That should be a basic knowledge to anyone stepping into this industry.
Arcanefist

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 08:39:31 AM

Hackers usually spread their viruses using ordinary popunder advertisments, so I use two separate laptops: one for crypto and one for everyday use.
jan.nicolas

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 02:23:57 PM

Since now i am not been convicted by the hacking and all. And no exchange will guaranteed for your loss. You and the only you is responsible for all accidents.
Quite right, no service today can guarantee serious opportunities because any service today can be hacked, this is a normal phenomenon, because people have not yet learned how to do everything perfectly.
Terrmit

Activity: 413
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 02:30:16 PM

Hacking is one of the biggest obstacles to the cryptocurrency market.
1- Ever been hacked?
2- Lost your coins in an exchange hacking?
3-Did the exchange pay you back for lost coins?

Please share your story, and give some TIPS on how to avoid being hacked.

I have not been attacked yet. I hope this will not happen to me. But we all have to be ready. To that. So cheaters are always there. And at any moment we can lose our money.

△ M!R△CLE TELE (https://miracletele.com/) ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY ▐
watergold

Activity: 1218
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 02:30:36 PM

well, it's true, even though the indodax market that I think is safe from now on, I feel a lot of people are trying to get into my account even though they are not possible because 2FA security has now been added, but this makes me uncomfortable because there are many people trying to steal

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
1xBit.com BENEFIT SEASON
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████████████████
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
PLAY NOW
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Downloaded

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 11:34:50 AM

1- Ever been hacked?

Full delirium. I am sure that it is rather an individual problem that is not worth considering. It depends only on how you store your data and not on the fact that there is a problem in the market
fayoling

Activity: 882
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 12:01:00 PM

1- Ever been hacked?

Full delirium. I am sure that it is rather an individual problem that is not worth considering. It depends only on how you store your data and not on the fact that there is a problem in the market
I agree, you need to carefully store your data, preferably on a piece of paper, and not in digital form, private keys are not often used, and the best solution is to start to using mew offline

Luna0120

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 10:56:49 AM

I wasn't hacked because I was good at protecting my data. And it seems to me that if all market participants do so then we will be completely safe. I think hackers are too much of a made-up problem.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 05:18:54 PM

hackers make the market worse and this is a very extraordinary event that requires special handling and must be firmly acted on by every hacker, and given appropriate punishment,
It is really difficult to punish hackers for their behavior because they are very smart and most of the time the crimes they commit are in different jurisdictions so it is very expensive to track them, sometimes the stuff they steal has very little value and it will cost the police a lot more money to try to find them and they prefer to let them go, hackers know this and they exploit this to the best of their abilities in this market.
abake

Activity: 555
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 05:27:01 PM

I think hacking is a major issue in crypto space that requires amelioration. Firstly, knowing how to avoid hacks is the first step to take. For instance, educating the newbies on ways to avoid being hacked, like not leaving funds on exchanges and not storing private keys with email, will go a long way. Also, using a hard wallet like Ledger Nano S or Trezor for instance aids. Another aspect is for crypto exchanges to utilize a high level security approach, ensuring safety of funds. When using decentralized exchanges, please use a web3 browser like metamask to avoid stories that touches the heart. My humble opinion.

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 06:38:24 PM

1. I have been hacked
2. no, because this is about personal accounts and the security depends on us
3. Activate Google Authenticator or login security via telephone number

The last item on your list solves most problems. I do not understand why so many people forget about it, then they are surprised that their account was hacked. There are a huge number of ways to get access to your data, but if you need additional verification through the phone to do this, it becomes almost impossible to get access to your account.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
cryptolidus

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 11:00:05 PM

I did not lose my funds by hacking but I had funds on the  exchanges which  were hacked. I have only the funds
on exchanges I am trading with, lesson learned. Some good exchanges like Binance refund their customers
if they lose their funds due to a hack attack, but decentralized exchanges don`t so we have to be careful.

drlukacs

Activity: 854
Merit: 253

l0tt0.com

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 11:04:48 PM

1- Ever been hacked?

1. I have never been hacked because I had a security setup for my account carefully.
2. In most case, the loss of coins during making transaction on exchange floors is due to send coins to the wrong address.
3. Yes, if you have evidence that your account is being hacked and lost your coins.

WHIRLWIND
|
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄         █
     ▄▄██▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄        █A
    ▄██▀▄██▀▄▀▀▀ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄     █
   ███ ██▀▄▀     ▄▄▀▄▄ ▀█▄   █
  ███ ███ █        ▀▄ █▄ ██  █
  ███ ███ █         █ ██ ██  █
  ███ ███ █        ▄▀ █▀ ██  █
   ███ ██▄▀▄     ▀▀▄▀▀ ▄█▀   █
    ▀██▄▀██▄▀▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀     █
     ▀▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀        █
        ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  No Fee    Ultimate Privacy  
ANONYMITY
MINING CAMPAIGN
MIX NOW
|
tridverju
Copper Member

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 09:21:44 AM

Karma is real and every hacker will get what he deserves. The only thing we can do is to try to protect us by all possible methods. But the main rule is never to trust anybody and to keep your private key safe.
Snake9999

Activity: 415

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 09:25:29 AM

My computer was hacked, they downloaded the software and arbitrarily browsed my software, but I didn't lose the encryption because they were worth less than $50. I am very lucky, because I will become a trader, this is an education for me!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
niublity

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 09:38:17 AM

Cryptographic currency is a sacred place for countless scammers and hackers, but the success of scammers is much simpler. Hackers need a lot of technology, and hackers with these technologies don't attack cryptocurrencies, and they may be more willing to work for the government. Hacker technology cannot know the number of holders of bitcoin.

crypt0.r3negades
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

► Democratize Crypto Advertising & Marketin

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 01:03:18 AM

1- Ever been hacked?

1. Yes once, I have been hacked when my token were deposited on the platform. I have forgotten to setup my 2FA. So the hacker easily access my account
No, still not experience that.
In the platform that I was been hacked, they have the fault because their credentials has been compromised, exposing our username and password. But they didn't issue a refund. That sucks.

shooleh

Activity: 616

Personal Text: Revolusi industri erotis di Blockc

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 02:44:57 AM

Hacking is everywhere and of course, we must be careful to keep our assets safe. And my experience lost the token when it entered as an exchange. My token is gone and they will definitely not exchange my money. And this makes me disappointed and it will be my experience for the future to be better and more careful.

RachelX ✦ 
❝ THE REVOLUTION OF THE EROTIC INDUSTRY
WHITEPAPER ✤ ─────  FacebookTwitterInstagram ⋆  Telegram ⋆  YouTube ⋆  LinkedIn  ───── ✤ BUY RACH
coin_1122

Activity: 1134
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 03:05:24 AM

It is our fault by sharing our details with the hackers, yes we need to be very careful when dealing with the unknown persons. Most of the newbie people will face these type of problems which they are new to blockchain and its technology.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: