Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:48:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacking kills the cryptocurrency market  (Read 4435 times)
BCTS

Activity: 784
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 08:42:24 PM

I haven't been hacked yet, but it's really scary, because everyone can be hacked now. The only thing that saves this hardware wallet.

Whitepaper     E M R X Token   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
  [ telegram    facebook    TWITTER ]         New Digital Economy
rommelo24
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 08:44:49 PM

Hacking is one of the biggest obstacles to the cryptocurrency market.
1- Ever been hacked?
2- Lost your coins in an exchange hacking?
3-Did the exchange pay you back for lost coins?

Please share your story, and give some TIPS on how to avoid being hacked.

I had been hacked but not that much lost. I can say that hackers are killing crypto becs. There are people,  investors and traders who are being hacked and lose much. Just do your research to make sure your wallet is safe.
Agapelove

Activity: 425
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 09:02:57 PM

Hacking is one of the biggest challenges by cryptocurrency. Though that is part of the system that will definitely improve the security of every platform and every aspect of cryptocurrency.
maxilopez

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 09:07:16 PM

you need not to neglect your security and back up your passwords and be sure to enable 2fa authentication

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
timberfox

Activity: 162
Merit: 11

^_^10 years BCT^_^

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 05:58:42 PM

I have not been hacked for 2 years. I am working with cryptocurrency this 2 years. I saw a much.
But everything i do for security is usual things.  Don't use online wallets for large sums of money.
Be alert all time. Remember that you are on the Internet. Everyone wants to steal your money.
Don't use suspicious links, exchanges etc.
baobao2000

Activity: 462
Merit: 23

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 06:20:32 PM

I did open few accounts with small exchanges, but I stored most my unwanted airdrop coins with those exchange sites, there are few of them were closed down, one staking pool was hacked, a lot of people lost their coins and fund, I lost few coins too, I was lucky that I didn’t store too many coins in there.
Parabellun1917

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 09:30:18 PM

1- Ever been hacked?

Hello! I think you need to set strong passwords, use gmail and put two-factor authentication. And it is necessary to keep private keys in a safe place and not to give them to anyone. Good luck!
kisfoxs

Activity: 289

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 12:58:28 AM

1- Ever been hacked?

Hacking does make everyone angry and suffer losses. Hacking is indeed carried out by irresponsible people and because they do not function properly but commit theft. Personally, I store my digital coins in several wallets. And I keep this password key correctly and don't trust anyone easily.

https://cerlos.io
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
🏠 -> Transforming The Trillion-dollar Building Materials Industry <- 🏠
maiiyeuvo

Activity: 292

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 03:03:00 AM

I've never encountered that problem. My trading takes place on the exchange, this is very normal. Moreover, you must keep personal security in the best way. Using computer security, anti-virus software... Only you can protect your property.

cryptonight9631
Copper Member

Activity: 140

CryptoMarketAds

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2018, 07:43:20 PM

I agree, sometimes when we heard the news of a exchange being hacked, at hour later some of the coins are dumped already. And the market is down because the hacker is selling its coin to its lowest prices.

fathur01

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 11:53:08 PM

I haven't been hacked yet, but very often we hear about hacks, so it's really scary. I think that these problems can be solved, as there are hardware wallets.
Menawi12

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 01:09:57 AM

1- Ever been hacked?

Its true, hacking give bad perception about cryptocurrency. Investor must be worry about the security and they afraid their investment stole by hackers. But i am believe every exchanger must be increase their security to protect investor fund

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
Fluxtorrence9

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 02:01:19 AM

I've never been hacked because I'm more careful with my wallets and in my emails I don't bother checking out spam messages ,and this hacking issue is not a big deal if we all know how to handle our keys,come to think of it bank accounts get hacked as well so generally cryptocurrency is not the only one facing hacking issue
Arata

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 02:31:52 AM

Of course, this is indeed very worrying if hacking occurs in cryptocurrency, we must be good at storing our assets not to be hit by hacking, because if we get hacked we will not get anything for what we have invested so far
ronwewee
Copper Member

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 04:17:37 AM

1- Ever been hacked?

Well in my case, I am not (hopefully) been hacked. But I know something which can protect us from hacking. External links and sites should be avoided and double check the website domain to protect your self from phishing sites. Do not always trust somebody which has no good reputation in the market.
modmalaney

Merit: 251

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 04:18:54 AM

Hacking will be the thing that could kill the market. will create distrust and surely this would make crypto slowly became abandoned because it is considered dangerous to people who still doubt and lay on crypto. so as much as possible is certainly at least this kind of thing can be addressed properly so as not to be bad for all that are in the crypto.
Rina Ambar

Activity: 188

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 04:32:06 AM

maybe my experience of hacking is somewhat similar to the second statement above, that is, I have been hacked and the hacker took almost all the tokens that I had that I happened to keep in my wallet, I also didn't know how I could be hacked, but my friend said, made a mistake when I wanted to send a token from my wallet to the stock, i.e. I got phishing, actually I also didn't know how the hacker did that.

AIGO Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
arikassuja

Activity: 535
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 04:33:25 AM

hacking not only destroys the cryptocurrency market but with the cryptocurrency hacking becomes very damaged and many platforms will suffer losses due to the hacking, and will create many platforms that don't use cryptocurrency anymore.
juperos

Activity: 459

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 04:36:45 AM

1- Ever been hacked?

How to avoid being hacked is not to click on strange links and install security software on your browser.
when you accidentally click on a link, it will block you. When your computer is hacked, it will steal all your information and your property is in the crypto market. blockchain technology has no refund service, so be careful.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
incomefromcoins

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 05:59:27 AM

Hacking is everywhere in the world in all industry but in the cryptocurrency industry, it is much higher we should get protect in hacking-related attacks by activating step 2 verification and google authenticator
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: