Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 11:01:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacking kills the cryptocurrency market  (Read 4451 times)
take_off

Activity: 396
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 07:35:06 AM

Of course, this is indeed very worrying if hacking occurs in cryptocurrency, we must be good at storing our assets not to be hit by hacking, because if we get hacked we will not get anything for what we have invested so far

The wallet for current investors has a lot of options. And if you have chosen a good wallet, you still lose your property. Ask yourself whether you have good security for your? So I don't think hackers can kill this market right now
Dimon8

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 08:18:48 AM

Neither fraudsters nor hacking can affect the market in any way. The market is monitored and controlled by “whales”, and all of them are under reliable protection. The best protection against hacking is to keep fixed assets in a cold wallet, and also to trust only trusted sources and resources.
Yabuy92

Activity: 396

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2018, 03:32:05 PM

Hacking is one of the biggest obstacles to the cryptocurrency market.
1- Ever been hacked?
2- Lost your coins in an exchange hacking?
3-Did the exchange pay you back for lost coins?

Please share your story, and give some TIPS on how to avoid being hacked.

I will only answer the third question because it is the most important that when an exchange is hacked and continues to lose coins, of course we will be very panicked and will surely sue the market to replace lost coins and most exchanges will not replace them then who is responsible for hackers !!?

andor.gellenhidi

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 03:34:26 PM

There are so many different variants of what can now destroy the cryptocurrency market. In any case, with the hackers here you need to be not so rude, because these guys can worsen the situation of your deposit and our deposit as a whole
ajdaj

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 03:35:17 PM

Neither fraudsters nor hacking can affect the market in any way. The market is monitored and controlled by “whales”, and all of them are under reliable protection. The best protection against hacking is to keep fixed assets in a cold wallet, and also to trust only trusted sources and resources.
First of all, hackers attract large amounts of cryptocurrency users, since this is money that they earned without much difficulty. but the security of our personal data and our funds primarily depends on us and on our care.
AUDI_A6

Activity: 111
Merit: 12

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 03:37:08 PM

First of all, hackers attract large amounts of cryptocurrency users, since this is money that they earned without much difficulty. but the security of our personal data and our funds primarily depends on us and on our care.
When there are reliable tools for hedging, storage and protection of cryptoactive assets, there will be a rapid growth. It is necessary to develop in this direction. Chances of hacking are great and so on ...
If an asset manager that oversees $1 billion puts 1 percent of its capital in crypto, that’s already a big amount. These institutions can only enter the crypto market if there are tools to hedge and protect their investments. A strong infrastructure for large-scale institutional investors has to be established.
https://www.ccn.com/korea-institute-of-finance-director-crypto-custody-is-key-in-rapid-growth/

max6575

Activity: 1176

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2018, 03:43:31 PM

as used with different feature on customs with functionality of the token wallet that users to work with entrance as attaining with use of distinct on reference as gathering connection with the server of the service that hacker to occupy once with the chance on entrance to gains with notables on source as preparing scheme on scamming or hacking into the acc to collect funds.

SvetikB

Activity: 504
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 03:53:35 PM

I`m glad that i have never been hacked. I believe it is thanks to my security management and caution. However, nothing can insure us from being scamed by exchange

atjiat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2018, 04:02:15 PM

I`m glad that i have never been hacked. I believe it is thanks to my security management and caution. However, nothing can insure us from being scamed by exchange
First of all, you need to keep your data and keys from the wallet away from the network so that your device does not have an Internet connection. For work use completely different computers, and not those that you use for more valuable information.
elcezireex

Activity: 532
Merit: 151

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 03:07:50 PM

I am worried about getting news of a hacking event,  at the very time is on the way I hope we don't get news like that.
andor.gellenhidi

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 05:27:08 PM

Thanks only to attentiveness, we can say that many people do not fall into the hands of hackers, so I think that the best thing would probably be to not work with cryptocurrencies to those people who do not understand the meaning of the word attentiveness.
shulc7

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 06:42:52 PM

Hacker attacks seriously undermine the credibility of cryptocurrencies. Personally I lost a few thousand dollars in cryptocurrency during last two years because of some technical failures that were probably just hacker attacks on my accounts.
andor.gellenhidi

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 03:59:17 PM

Hacker attacks seriously undermine the credibility of cryptocurrencies. Personally I lost a few thousand dollars in cryptocurrency during last two years because of some technical failures that were probably just hacker attacks on my accounts.
This is really bad news. Have you analyzed your actions? Maybe it is all about this? Because today there are so many situations when hackers specifically look out for people who are irresponsible about security.
anatolij.shishkin
Copper Member

Activity: 995
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 04:06:11 PM

1- Ever been hacked?

Well, for starters, it is worth having another wallet where you will keep your coins. Use secure keys. If you are a hunter, you should not keep it all in one wallet. Ensure the security of the router and the operating sister. Of course it is better to have a separate computer to work with wallets.

De_nis

Activity: 560
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 04:11:24 PM

I was hacked and more than once! I lost most of the worth of coins as well as ETH, in total I lost about $ 10k and that is not counting the losses in the fall of the market!
Kawshies

Activity: 328
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2018, 04:21:12 PM

My answer to all three questions :
1. I've never been hacked
2. My coin at exchange seems to have never been hacked and my coin remains safe
3. I've never been there. But about the pay back it's up to who's fault.
The Tips of me is activate some security option provided by the exchange, Make sure you access the correct exchange website ( not a phising website), Make sure your device has always avoided the virus from being attacked by hackers.
avonka

Activity: 512
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 11:27:39 PM

You cannot protect yourself of  being hacked if it happens on  the exchanges. The only thing you can do is to hold there only the funds you are trading with and using exchanges which are refunding their customers in such situations.
chairmanMao

Activity: 456
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 10:19:19 AM

Hackers can only steal user data, they can't attack the blockchain, but in the future, the blackmail virus may become a lot more, because such viruses are easy to spread, and this will make hackers get a lot of profits. But hackers can't stop the rise of cryptocurrencies.

Fabienne_ayy

Activity: 117
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 10:26:56 AM

1- Ever been hacked?

Hopefully, I wasn't hacked by anybody. Anyway, hacking... this is the existing problem in the crypto world, and it remains till now because in some kind of sense it is really difficult to do something with it. the only thing that we should do to protect ourselves is to be always alert and careful, check all actions.
Lake20
Copper Member

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 10:30:52 AM

I have experienced something like this before especially when I don't read through the terms and conditions of an exchange before depositing into it. There are many exchanges out there that won't indicate directly that you must do KYC before withdrawal.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: