Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:17:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacking kills the cryptocurrency market  (Read 4443 times)
Louis21
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 11:09:23 AM

Maybe am kind of lucky when it comes to experiencing hack on my exchange medium or even outside it. I have never experienced hack in my life. It is even cool now because most exchanges now insured their platform in preparation of any uncertainty that might come.

Huskarls

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 04:16:31 PM

Hacking is one of the biggest obstacles to the cryptocurrency market.
1- Ever been hacked?
2- Lost your coins in an exchange hacking?
3-Did the exchange pay you back for lost coins?

Please share your story, and give some TIPS on how to avoid being hacked.

while working in the world of cryptocurrency, my balance has never been hacked, yes there may have been a loss of balance but it was because of my own carelessness. And i think there's no such policy from exchange that they would be able to cover our lost hacked coins. People get enter to those exchange with their own risk.
isen

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 04:56:16 PM

And why hacks occur? Because it is possible. The crypto market provides ample opportunities for hacking ranging from ordinary users to exchanges and owners of smart contracts. Improving security is the key to success in the fight against hackers.
andor.gellenhidi

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 06:12:19 PM

I was hacked and more than once! I lost most of the worth of coins as well as ETH, in total I lost about $ 10k and that is not counting the losses in the fall of the market!
Each time I am more and more amazed at what is happening here at all, where do you have such money from, do they really happen? It seems to me that it is impossible to get such big money here.
2tang

Activity: 1414
Merit: 259

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 06:25:19 PM

hacking is indeed very inhibiting and frightening because the impact can be very dangerous, for example is hacking a wallet, our coins can be lost by being transferred to another wallet or used to pay for something. there are even some cases of falling coin prices because hacking, for example, is a case experienced by Zaif exchange
therefore we must maintain our wallet as much as possible because the risk cannot be removed but can only be reduced by ourselves
fortunately until now I have never experienced anything like that and hopefully I will never experience it

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Guryon_master

Activity: 384
Merit: 12

Student Coin

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 06:26:39 PM

This issue is totally true but I doubt that most of such claim is truly reliable. In crypto space nowadays the scammers are becoming more wiser to gain a positive outcome for their greediness. So i think this makes more worst the situation why others aren't convince to believe.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens ♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram◂[/center
Genosx

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 07:02:57 PM

Actually in the Dark web the hacking really starts which used to invade the system of cryptocurrency and that is very alarming since many investors or people will be affected from that
Vilagra

Activity: 672
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 07:33:40 PM

1- Ever been hacked?

I was hacked on etherdelta,  cheaters changed dns on the server side, and people who even have a correct etherdelta adress in bookmarks were sent to a wrong site and cheaters got private keys from ETH wallets and stole funds of users

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
Japinat

Activity: 3010
Merit: 683

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 07:49:38 AM

1- Ever been hacked?

I was hacked on etherdelta,  cheaters changed dns on the server side, and people who even have a correct etherdelta adress in bookmarks were sent to a wrong site and cheaters got private keys from ETH wallets and stole funds of users
Most hacks happen in crypto is cause by  user's fault.
Sorry to say, but you should not trust a site that requires you to enter your private key, I heard the hack before, luckily I'm not using ED at that time.
About exchanges, sometimes it's very fishy, owner might be responsible also of hacking their own clients, we should only trust big exchange like Binance.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Pontorez

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 08:39:43 AM

Probably, all participants in the crypto market dream that there are no hackers on it. After all, we want to invest in good projects and hope for fair conditions of activity. But it must be remembered that any field of activity involves certain risks and dangers. Therefore, the crypto market can hardly be an exception.
stue

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 08:47:14 AM

The growth of hackers made anxiety in the crypto community even higher. To be able to reduce the anxiety, the community should expand knowledge and increase experience through programs contained in crypto. Be vigilant in using personal data and not disseminating information about personal wallet data to others. Saving is not just in one place.
fortelen

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 09:07:16 AM

Hacking will create discomfort. It is, of course, the longer it will be able to make the markets more and lost volume because many do not believe the conditions existing crypto. An exchange will not give responsibility such as switch when errors exist on a private party so of course caution is an important thing to do.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
dodgecharger

Activity: 1005
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 11:06:19 AM

Before I had an Ethereum wallet hacked, one of the tokens was sent out inexplicably. Fortunately, there was a timely discovery, and I immediately turned away other altcoins. Later summed up the experience, the wallet's key was once exposed on an exchange.
GGmith

Activity: 394
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 11:22:06 AM

yes I have experienced something similar, one of them from a phishing site in gmail. I was careless at the time, which was still too innocent so it was easy to be fooled, but that's where I was able to take quite valuable lessons about the wallet for cryptoqurency, and of course now I am more vigilant and careful not to lose my tokens again.
rahul7timt
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 01:09:41 PM

yes i have lost my coins and i did not get any money or tokens from exchange. but now i am very much concern about the security as i keep always 2fa enable of all my exchanges. i advise everyone to do the same and for wallet please use hardware wallet.
BitcoinCazh

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 01:12:06 PM

i have lost 2ethereum in the market exchange, i dont know what happen, i think my account is not be hacking by others people but because the market, and after that im not get back my coins
andor.gellenhidi

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 01:22:54 PM

This issue is totally true but I doubt that most of such claim is truly reliable. In crypto space nowadays the scammers are becoming more wiser to gain a positive outcome for their greediness. So i think this makes more worst the situation why others aren't convince to believe.
It all depends on how I feel about this. If today it seems to me that the situation is really very bad, then in that case, of course, it would probably be best to be wary of your actions. But if you look globally. But of course all this only improves the security system.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 09:49:21 PM

Hacking our wallets, as well as on the stock exchange is indeed one of the biggest obstacles to the development of cryptocurrency. For various scammers, this is a good way to get rich at someone else's expense. The amount of fraud over time will only increase, since it is a good way for scammers to get more money.
However, this proves that the cryptocurrency is not as safe as many believe. These are our realities and this should be taken into account.
Cryptocurrencies are very safe what it is not safe at all is the way people store their cryptocurrencies, some people are so cheap that they prefer to leave their coins at an exchange knowing full well that if the exchange is compromised they will lose all their coins and there are those that use desktop wallets in an unsafe environment and then they complain about losing their coins, if you are really that worried then buy a hardware wallet and forget about those issues.
kaseygriffin

Activity: 785
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 12:24:00 AM

1- Ever been hacked?

My experience is to always install the 2FA password, save your password or important files and set the password for the file. Do not click on shortened links, do not download strange software to your computer, or phone.
nekorakoeora

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 04:32:18 AM

I did not expect to encounter and find the hacking. These rights will have an impact long and getting worse at crypto if simply left alone. Hacking will engender distrust in the market and the longer it will make crypto abandoned. When it was lost, then there is no other way more can be done because there also will not be responsible.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: