Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:45:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gemini Dollar "Stable" Coin  (Read 631 times)
nicktalman93 (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 05:20:57 AM

Stable coins, when launched in 2014, were considered to be the bridge between the traditional financial world and modern blockchain. Being backed by a fiat currency, they were devoid of volatility and gained popularity in 2018 as the volatility in crypto markets became rampant.

As they became popular, the leader of their pack, Tether got blamed for manipulating the price of cryptocurrencies, as well as their backing by dollar, was questioned. Considering the blames and misuses and combining them the positives, Winklevoss twins have introduced their version of the stable coin, the one that would be audited in the US and licensed by NYDFS, unlike its peers. Let’s welcome Gemini Dollar.

https://coingape.com/winklevoss-stable-coin-gemini-dollar-pull-strings-tether/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
~Money~

Activity: 1132
Merit: 536

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 04:27:01 PM

maybe, these 2 brothers can finally help crypto market instead of killing price by facing rejection on their ETF proposal once ever few weeks

the news is being spread in a way that newbies might think a Savior is coming to crypto world now

i hope this one doesn't end up like USDT or TUSD which were accused of being the reason for many market manipulations  before
Davidbugs

Activity: 17
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 04:30:41 PM

maybe, these 2 brothers can finally help crypto market instead of killing price by facing rejection on their ETF proposal once ever few weeks

the news is being spread in a way that newbies might think a Savior is coming to crypto world now

i hope this one doesn't end up like USDT or TUSD which were accused of being the reason for many market manipulations  before

ETF rejection does nothing to the market. USDT is fine as long I can buy ramen noodles daily with my PTC earnings clicking all days long high paying ads $0.001 on neobux
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 04:40:21 PM

i hope this one doesn't end up like USDT or TUSD which were accused of being the reason for many market manipulations  before

ETF rejection does nothing to the market. USDT is fine as long I can buy ramen noodles daily with my PTC earnings clicking all days long high paying ads $0.001 on neobux

The first ETF rejectionpostponement we had actually had a decent hit on the market. The prices took a significant drop(if I remember correctly, around 10%). Though the following ETF decisions had little to no effect to the markets as people realize how ETF's aren't really necessary.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
criticoflife

Activity: 353
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:35:12 AM

There are a few of these projects being launched and all have the same goal which is to basically replace tether. All of them say they are backed by real fiat etc but this is crypto and it's like the wild west so who knows if they are or not. I still continue to use tether and whether it is or is not really backed by fiat it is still serving it's purpose for me as of now.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Gromx

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:57:52 AM

I read this news.If it's really true that every Gemini dollar is backed up by Fiat - then it's very cool. In the future, this will blur the boundaries of transfers and become a bridge between the world of cryptocurrencies and fiat.
IlVeroNico

Activity: 621
Merit: 214

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:03:16 AM

Gemini seems to be doing pretty nice moves, I hope they will expand in the whole EU soon as my country isn't covered yet

caisa88

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 07:13:27 AM

Gemini is a good, trusted crypto exchange, so i think that their stable coin will be the same. I think that stable coins from reputable teams are really needed by the crypto community and the Gemini Dollar stable coin will be one of them.

Iyanu14

Activity: 795
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:49:18 AM

The idea sounds innovative, hope it won't become another tether which was accused for market manipulation, i await how this idea will be implemented without being another tool of market manipulation.
kenman

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 09:14:24 AM

Stable coins, when launched in 2014, were considered to be the bridge between the traditional financial world and modern blockchain. Being backed by a fiat currency, they were devoid of volatility and gained popularity in 2018 as the volatility in crypto markets became rampant.

As they became popular, the leader of their pack, Tether got blamed for manipulating the price of cryptocurrencies, as well as their backing by dollar, was questioned. Considering the blames and misuses and combining them the positives, Winklevoss twins have introduced their version of the stable coin, the one that would be audited in the US and licensed by NYDFS, unlike its peers. Let’s welcome Gemini Dollar.

https://coingape.com/winklevoss-stable-coin-gemini-dollar-pull-strings-tether/
well, the name Gemini itself doesn't really add trust Cheesy consider: gemini can twist you around his finger easily. i'm paranoid, really Grin

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
lili marlen

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 01:50:15 PM

Well, here is one analysis of Gemini dollar. I would say it's centralized, private coin and completely opposite of what we are fighting for

https://coinedtimes.com/crypto-analysis-gemini-stablecoin-gusd/

Bitcoiners 2009: central banks are evil, be your own sovereign bank, something something coming collapse of filthy statist bucks
Bitcoiners 2018: we just got regulatory approval for multiple USD-backed StableCoins and are also pushing for several Bitcoin ETFs to be approved.

kiansantan

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 01:53:44 PM

In the future, this will blur the boundaries of transfer and become a bridge between the world of cryptocurrency and fiat. I read this news. If it's true that every Gemini dollar is supported by Fiat - then it's really cool.
allahabadi

Activity: 952
Merit: 166

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 03:01:30 PM

They are trying and not simply manipulating.

When did TUSD manipulate?
ShiftLocker

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 04:36:59 PM

Gemini is by all accounts doing entirely pleasant moves I trust they will grow in the entire EU soon as my nation isn't secured yet
Youggairch

Activity: 235

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 05:09:26 PM

The thought sounds inventive trust it won't turn into another tie which was blamed for showcase control I anticipate how this thought will be actualized without being another apparatus of market control.
doraemon_33766

Activity: 71

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 05:31:53 PM

Gemini is a good confided in crypto trade so I surmise that their steady coin will be the same. I believe that steady coins from trustworthy groups are extremely required by the crypto network and the Gemini Dollar stable coin will be one of them.
tiplols

Activity: 208

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 04:44:01 PM

Hopefully they can come up with a way that might be able to save this market from the terrible state it is in. But at the same time, given the history between the market, Tether and stable coins, it will be tough for Gemini to gain the rust of the people.
btcscal

Activity: 272

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 05:16:11 PM

It's great to see another stable coin in the market. Stable coin can only help the cryptocurrency to get mass adoption. Stable coin is an ERC-20 token that runs on ethereum blockchain. It claims to provide all the benefits that a stable coin can provide.
Tallay

Activity: 52

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 02:13:01 PM

Gemini is a stable coin that is backed by US dollars. Earlier , Tether was the only stable coin in the market that was backed by US dollars. There where many limitations of Tether. Gemini dollar is built in a way which would perform efficiently in all the limitations of Tether.
SladderyNewS

Activity: 54

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 02:15:36 PM

Gemini dollar is brought about by the well known cryptocurrency exchange Gemini. The coin runs on ethereum blockchain and is backed up by US dollars. Let's see how it performs in the market.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: