Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:37:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think mining is still fair  (Read 11531 times)
Pontorez

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 08:27:56 AM

In Q3 2018 market is still a blood bath. A lot of people that involved in crypto losing theirs hopes on a quick moon. ICO market is down. But difficulty of mining is growing up. We need more powerful processors, GPU and so on. Mining was created to give ordinary people get some free coins. Another hand big companies joint into monster to dig more digital gold. Simple person is out of this business. To support a node of ethereum you need more space every month and you get no reward. Do you think its fair enough or we need some new architecture to give mining a new life?

At the moment, the whole market is going through hard times. Therefore, mining is also no longer a very profitable and promising solution. Unfortunately, the amount of income here has really dropped significantly lately. It can still be profitable if it is possible to buy equipment profitably, but I'm really looking forward to the rise in price of coins.
raptorez

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 02:28:58 PM

I hope in future cryptocurrencies will not need that much elecricity to exist. we all talk about ecology so cryptocurrencies should be ecological also.
And you did not think how much electricity the banking sector spends? You did not think about it? I think that in this case, you definitely need to think about it and only after that do you draw any conclusions.
Jamjamz30

Activity: 332
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 02:41:58 PM

This is the reality of cryptocurrency mining. As time goes by mining gets harder and harder making you upgrade ths computers. So with the down market only those companies with great funds will survive.
crispynougat

Activity: 185
Merit: 1

☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 02:52:56 PM

I'm also less familiar subject term mining. because basically I haven't been incorporated therein. and have not been involved as well. so, I can't give the conclusion. but simply adding to the knowledge of today's code anyway.

☀️☀️☀️☀️  ISKRA (CCOH)- Crypto coin of hope | An innovative method for supporting children around the world  ☀️☀️☀️☀️
https://iskra-coin.io
gowobonyok

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 02:37:19 PM

it could be unfair, because the rise or fall of the price of bitcoin or crypto does not affect the cost of electricity bills. even when the market is falling like this, many choose to quit because they are considered no longer profitable.
Goldleader

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 02:39:43 PM

I seriously doubt it mining could be profitable .Not even Genesis mining can sustain it
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 02:41:25 PM

I seriously doubt it mining could be profitable .Not even Genesis mining can sustain it
Some altcoin may bring profit but btc mining is not profitable if you are intending to cash out as soon as the money gathered most of the miners are also waiting for price bump by the way. however many people also giving up mining as a result the second hand VGA flooding the market.
raptorez

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 05:23:50 PM

As the price of encryption has fallen sharply, the bitcoin and miners of Ethereum have started to lose money, which is a fact we cannot avoid.
Perhaps this somehow refers to the fact that market prices have fallen, but it seems to me that the situation is quite different, because today there is a very high probability that the market may still seem to you and me quite interesting in the near future.
renemagritte

Activity: 235
Merit: 40

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 05:26:30 PM

No definitely not. Most coins turn to proof of stake, which is a lot better. You better find a staking coin and run a masternode to earn more tokens. I believe that will be the future. (for now)
Jadz

Activity: 222
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 06:57:20 PM

Mining on nodes, in other words Staking on POS, looks much more intresting now, but it's also more risky.
Alohadanc3

Activity: 1050

Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 07:23:55 PM

I don't think so. Its really hard for miners these days. There is no profit in mining if you are a small or medium scale miners. If you have enough money to start a mining farm that's a other thing but as a small miner at least I don't see any profit.
The market is heavily down and in this market mining is dying day by day in my opinion. Maybe if you hold what you have mined for future is other thing. In my opinion its hard and it will be hard day by day.

CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 07:34:10 PM

Of course it is fair. As long as you have a farm full of Antminer 9s.
Seriously, if your definition of "fair" is that every PC owner can mine some bitcoins, then you should learn more about economics and market dynamics.
Consolidation happens sooner or later. Focus on other ways to earn BTC, IMO.
miklesm

Activity: 1078

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 07:44:48 AM

I consider mining a great invention which made blockchain ecosystem possible to be built, but currently mining is not profitable, so the developers of PoW cryptocurrencies should take the steps to make people interested in mining.
Kofiy
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

Am KOFIY!

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 07:53:23 AM

With where am living in Europe now, I don't think mining is profitable again especially for those who just want to start mining business. Before mining can be profitable now, one will need to be a big miner not for small miners again.

MrPao

Activity: 280

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 07:57:30 AM

Ethereum and Bitcoin digger have begun to lose money, and I think many new miners have abandoned plans to continue mining. But this may lead to a rebound in bitcoin and Ethereum prices.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
testadimerlo

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 08:05:04 AM

I think mining belongs to prehistory.
raptorez

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 02:47:24 PM

No definitely not. Most coins turn to proof of stake, which is a lot better. You better find a staking coin and run a masternode to earn more tokens. I believe that will be the future. (for now)
By the way, it’s also a normal option to really earn money, because today there are very big opportunities for investing today. Therefore, I am not opposed to such earnings, it is necessary to think about this.
777Jolami

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 02:54:46 PM

Ethereum and Bitcoin digger have begun to lose money, and I think many new miners have abandoned plans to continue mining. But this may lead to a rebound in bitcoin and Ethereum prices.
Yes, Easy to recognize .. Compared to construction value and cost for mining farms with current coin value. If this situation persists, they will have to choose to invest in the exploitation or organic investment in the currencies available on the market. Therefore, I think the upcoming market value will greatly improve.
raptorez

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 05:33:13 PM

Yes, Easy to recognize .. Compared to construction value and cost for mining farms with current coin value. If this situation persists, they will have to choose to invest in the exploitation or organic investment in the currencies available on the market. Therefore, I think the upcoming market value will greatly improve.

If you rely only on this data, then today there are very great opportunities to start believing in growth, but what happens if nothing happens and these guys just can't do anything in this way?
Suzukigsxr250

Activity: 250
Merit: 13

Dextrust.org #Defi

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 04:27:04 PM

Right now mining is monopolized by the big companies. Mining in the house can't even cover the electricity. However, the purpose of mining was inhibiting centralization.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: